Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which type are you?

Jachut, Love your attitude. I think that's a large part of the reason why you've done so well, You and Wasa and others like ya'll are a great insperation to me. you seem to be a hard worker, That's my goal after i'm banded. Thx :thumbs_up:

I think this discussion is interesting and for the most part, a positive method of understanding one another. I do have a concern though about this going (again) to a personal level of focusing on one or more members specifically. I think this thread would be better served if we focus on the "topic" of the thread rather than specific members that may fall into catergories of discussion.

Jachut-great thread. I would have to say I do not have a "fat" personality. I've always worked out, just never for what I needed. I started lifting when I was in h.s. and wanted to get big and bad for football. I ate alot to keep that up.

After h.s. and my dreams of college greatness evaporated with knee injuries, I continued to eat the same way and didn't work out as much. As time passed, I would start working out for 6 mos to a year, then drop it again for various reasons. Still working at bulking up and getting stronger though. Eating habits continued the same.

I've always said, when I get to the gym, few people outwork me. But, I never had the resolve to continue going to the gym on a consistent basis.

I was banded 10 mos ago almost to the day. In that time, I've maybe missed 15-16 days at the gym. TOTAL. Not in one month, in 10 months. Is that a little excessive? Yes, but I like how I feel when I get done in the morning with cardio and LOVE how I feel when I get done lifting at night. That's right, two a days 4 days a week. Cardio pretty much EVERY day.

Now, I look in the mirror when lifting and see muscles that have never been there. I'm not getting huge, just more defined.

This is a tool. And a damn good one if you are willing to work with it. Don't make it do all the work for you. Suck it up and get to work.

Or as Jachut says: "Shut your gob and DO IT!"

I didn't read this thread, just the last couple of pages, but from what I read here and on the other thread, this is my take. Right or wrong, this is what I see.

Those who are not doing well, not watching well what is going in their mouths, not exercising or not exercising enough, they seem to be the folks that are all about head patting and supporting negative behaviors. Those that busted their butts and did the job have the attitude that they did it, anyone can.

Seems to me this is where the conflict, nasty undertones, and P&A posting is coming from.

We've already chased away one member (Laurend), perhaps it is time to let this die a big bad sorry death.

perhaps it is time to let this die a big bad sorry death.

Wow, we actually agree on something.

Those who are not doing well, not watching well what is going in their mouths, not exercising or not exercising enough, they seem to be the folks that are all about head patting and supporting negative behaviors. Those that busted their butts and did the job have the attitude that they did it, anyone can.

Seems to me this is where the conflict, nasty undertones, and P&A posting is coming from.

We've already chased away one member (Laurend), perhaps it is time to let this die a big bad sorry death.

I didn't know we chased away Laurend. She was posting on this thread last night:confused:. Look, I've been successfull, too. I've fallen off the wagon and am in the process of dusting myself off. I busted my butt, too. Just like a reformed smoker, there is nothing worse than a reformed fatty. Even when I was at my best, I still had some class about it. What does it matter if we are still offering support for people not doing it OUR WAY? If these types of people offend you, just move on. Don't start a whole thread to knock them down even more. They will find their way, eventually.

Jachut,

I closed down my two threads that seemed to incite a lot useless fighting back and forth, I'd suggest you do your part to end this madness. We can all agree to disagree. Think about how it looks to a lot of newbies out there. You've got a lot to share with others, we may not agree philosophically but it's bad when it starts affecting the morale of the board. Thanks brandyII-Nanook (got married and decided to hyphenate my user name)

Mr. Gorbachev tear down that thread(s):)

I didn't know we chased away Laurend. She was posting on this thread last night:confused:. Look, I've been successfull, too. I've fallen off the wagon and am in the process of dusting myself off. I busted my butt, too. Just like a reformed smoker, there is nothing worse than a reformed fatty. Even when I was at my best, I still had some class about it. What does it matter if we are still offering support for people not doing it OUR WAY? If these types of people offend you, just move on. Don't start a whole thread to knock them down even more. They will find their way, eventually.

If people with no class bother you, pehaps you shuld ignore them? If reformed fatties offend you so, perhaps you should ignore them? Isn't that what you are telling others to do?

Jachut,

I closed down my two threads that seemed to incite a lot useless fighting back and forth, I'd suggest you do your part to end this madness. We can all agree to disagree. Think about how it looks to a lot of newbies out there. You've got a lot to share with others, we may not agree philosophically but it's bad when it starts affecting the morale of the board. Thanks brandyII-Nanook (got married and decided to hyphenate my user name)

Mr. Gorbachev tear down that thread(s):)

Closing threads does nothing to stop the argument. It just creates spin off threads like this one that go down exactly the same path. When people post in the public domain, they cannot expect everyone to agree (or agree to disagree) then get huffy and close the thread down when it doesn't go as expected.

If people with no class bother you, pehaps you shuld ignore them? If reformed fatties offend you so, perhaps you should ignore them? Isn't that what you are telling others to do?

quote]

Yup, but the difference is, this is a support forum. And even though this is called RnR, there should still be some standards. Why not take it to MYSPACE or something if all you want to do is complain about people.

This is R&R. R&R is not a support forum.

If you want support, go to the other forums (there are plenty of them).

I'm sure that Alex did not start this forum with the intention of watching a bunch of women being nasty and bitching about other members.

Chickie,

You know I've always respected your avatar as I am a big Little Britain fan but I think closing my threads was a good way to stop it from my end, she started another one up out of frustration, I know that. She can also close it if she wants it to end and people can stop discussing it if we want. It's a symbolic gesture of peace. If someone else chooses to start up a new one continuing this stupid nonsense then they're just being foolish and I choose not to play game any more! :) brandyII-Nanook

I'm sure that Alex did not start this forum with the intention of watching a bunch of women being nasty and bitching about other members.

I think you're on to something, lol, what's next Jello wrestling?

And you know what? I am so tired of this RnR disclaimer that seems to be an easy way of saying "I can be the biggest bitch ever, and it's ok because we are in RnR". There is still an amount of class and maturity that should be involved in ANY PART of this site.