Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, yes, yes.... that is one thing i can say is that as i drop the weight the more confident i become..... I was not always as confident as i am right now, because i was a child that was always bigger than my cousins, like one of my cousins could have been 40-lbs and i was 50lbs not much of a diffrence but 10lbs when u are a kid growing up will put u in the next size clothing... and it was bad... I was always told u are so pretty but only if u could loose some weight... the hell with that.. I am a show stopper bottom line... And i command attention where ever i go. I think i am one of the only fat girls that took it and ran with it.. I would say hell if i'm going to be fat i might as well be the prettiest fat girl in the world...and the confidence i had on the inside showed on the outside and the finest guys would approach me because they said they liked my confidence. One last thing.. the way u feel about yourself on the inside will reflect on the outside and people can and will pick up on it. You don't have to be overweight to have self esteem issues.. your ears can be bigger than others, you can be shorter than everyone else around u, or you could be darker, or lighter than most people in your circle. Your clothes may not be of the same brand as the people that u want to hang around that will cause u to have self esteem issues... being fatter is just one of the smaller issues that causes people to have poor self esteem.....:ohmy:

Edited by mstrina27

people just confuse me and as i drop even half a lb i feel damn good about myself mwuahaah :ohmy:

i do really wish the posts would show after i hit post quick reply:mad::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::ohmy::confused::crying::confused::sad:

people just confuse me and as i drop even half a lb i feel damn good about myself mwuahaah :ohmy:

froggi, what r u confused about.

im confused cause i wanna know why my posts dont show after i click post quick reply i have to refresh

Okay, I said I was finished here, but as you can see by this post, I am not. I feel bad about my posts here. I shouldn't have posted what I did here on this thread. For that, I am sorry. I usually try to stay away from the drama but for whatever reason, I felt the need to post. It shouldn't have happened, period.

Brandy, like you, I am also passionate about my opinions. I got caught up in the moment and I apologize for disrupting the thread even more than it already was. Next time I'll be sure to take it to the appropriate place.

My conscience was biting at me, so I felt the need to address it and apologize. Hope you all can forgive me for being inappropriate.

I have been overweight all my life but for me my lack of self esteem has come from the reasons I became overweight in the first place. I am a very confident person, despite my weight but my lack of self esteem was always about how I related to the opposite sex or job situations. I never felt good enough and sometimes I didn't even put myself out there. Many boys and men found me attractive but I couldn't handle that in my teens and my 20s. In my 30s I went in a different direction, going a little crazy on the casual sex scene. By the time I got to my mid 40s I'd had a number of men including some long term relationships but never a fully committed one. I always felt that I was too scared to be too attractive to men. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do the casual stuff but not prepared to go into a committed relationship either. Even at 53 I'm a little scared to be slim. I have a big ego which is strange given how I feel, so there is some confusion as to who I am and where I'm going. If that equates to me sometimes going off the rails for awhile then I am fine with that. Yes I have the odd whinge that I'm not losing fast enough or my restriction isn't there yet but at the same time, I don't think I'm ready to lose it that fast. We all know our bodies and our minds and for some of us we need to lose slowly so we can get used to the new us a little at a time, especially those of us who have grown up with a weight problem.

Good on you Jacqui on your weight loss and amazing body and I would like to get there some day soon but you remind me of my 2 sisters who suffered the same losses etc that I did and can't understand why I can't get on with it. Of course I had some extra issues, like being molested as a child, to deal with. It's important to remember that we are all different personalities with different drives and we're not all motivated by the same things. Yes we all have one goal and that is to lose weight but we are not all travelling the same path to get there. Some people just get on with it and some stumble along the way. Neither person is right or wrong, just different. Please continue to give your advice because I appreciate it when I read it and for those who are not ready to take it in, the fact that it has been put out there might get them thinking further down the track.

Thread closed. Requested by thread starter.