Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting banded on Monday. Just wondering if any of you already banded folks cheated on your pre-op diet and had a big "last meal" so to speak the day or so before your surgery. If so, what'd ya pick? I've been pretty good for the most part- cheated a little last weekend just cause I was running around doing dog rescue stuff and wasn't anywhere to make a shake or really eat anything sensable (pizza *hides*). I'm so afraid the doc's gonna be able to tell. I'm trying to decide if I want Mexican or Maccaroni Grill for my last one.

i think there is more of a reason than just to loose weight to be on liquids before the surgery... i wasnt on liquids for 2 weeks before but for the last days before the surgery especially the day before i wouldnt eat anything big...i was told only Clear Liquids the day before surgery not even the full liquids like i had been on the week before...if you want a big meal i would have it asap.... dont wait until right before the surgery i dont think it would be a good idea!!!

Yeah the goal of the pre-op diet is to shrink the fat around the liver and stomach as well as some other things. My only instructions for the day before surgery is no eating or drinking after midnight the night before surgery. Until then my diet consists of I can pick two of the following for breakfast: fruit, yogart, Cereal, toast, bagel, waffle, muffins, eggs or oatmeal (breads must be whole wheat) etc., lunch: Protein shake, dinner: any lean meat and one green veggie, after dinner snack: another protien shake.

I'll probably have hubby take me out for my last meal this weekend, in between all the "spring cleaning"- (clothes included) I plan on doing this weekend :)

Break the pre-op diet? OMG, I did the Minnesota restaurant circuit for weeks before my operation!!! Had to get my last supper in about 20 times over!!!My only restriction was like you, no food or liquids after midnight. Good luck with your surgery and enjoy the macaroni Grill (yummy!)

I didn't cheat by eating a huge meal or anything like that. But I did cheat by having one last soda. I had a whole 20 oz. bottle of REAL not diet rootbeer.

I told the surgeon about it the next morning while they were wheeling me into surgery and she just laughed. She told me that was ok, just to make sure that I wouldn't do it after being banded.

I am going to make my husband take me out this weekend also and I get banded the 12th. I only have to by on clear liquids the day before and nothing after midnight. However, I have been kind of watching what I eat as I do not want any problems. I have to wonder why some of us have the minor diet the day before and some of you had to be on a specialized diet for up to two weeks?

Goodluck to all the May Banders and hope all you April Banders are doing well. I have read several posts where some of you are hungry....yikes!

I was thinking the same thing I an getting banded in june and I was thinking about having a few great meals before the surgery and enjoy myself go for it

My pre-op was also nothing after midnight. I had a very nice prime rib dinner with all the courses in the hotel's formal dining room the night before. I even had a glass of wine. Different surgeons seem to have differing ideas on what works. I've read many of those differing ideas in my research, and felt comfortable with my doc's recommendation. I do think it's best to follow the advise of your own surgeon for the most part, as he knows you and your situation. You could always call them and ask if it would be ok to have one last normal dinner sometime before the surgery. Good Luck to you!

macaroni Grill...you can get good mushie Mexican in your mushie phase. Think about guacamole, pico de gallo, refried Beans and black beans, chicken Mole (pureed if needed and eating at home), you will LOVE all that yummy Mexican. So do Macaroni Grill for the last supper and do it up right. YUM!

Boxer luv, I did not have a pre op diet but YES I did eat my l;ast meal. I had my surgery done in TJ and I went to the best carnitas restraunt and ate Beans, rice, totrillas and carnitias all the way up until 10;;00pm the night before surgery. I had no problems with doins so either after surgery. I had a nice bowel movement the day aftersurgery. I'm sure my doctor knew but he did not tell me I couldnt eat so I did!

hey girl,

i did the 2 weeks of liquids before banding...and i did have "the last supper"...mine was surf and turf.....8oz lobster tail..and newyour strip steak...i had my whole family over and we did it right. but i would't trade the new me for the world ..( or a lobster tail)..hehe

good luck,

iamcanadian