Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why NOT To Go With "Why Go Abroad/The Hospital Group!!My personal Experiences....

Its nice to see you ladies are getting the service you paid for with WGA.. I finally received my letter a few days ago so at least i know where i am going next saturday for my first xray and fill, all be it it's 9 weeks later.

Debbie x

Howcome you are getting a fill on WGA.. I was told they werent included. When I rang the appointment people to ask for a fill at the xray they said I cant have one until discharged by surgeon & then i'd have to book a seperate appt and pay!

Hi Sallieanne

I got a free fill whilst having my xray.. This is only because i have had to wait so long for my xray appointment to come through and i completely kicked off so they are giving me a free fill as way of compensation.

Debbie..

hi sally. How you getting on? Got my appointment for discharge next tue and my first fill the day after---good service from WGA or what?

Caroline x

Hi Caroline... I have emailed you directly, thanks for leaving your address for me at the hospital... I thought if I email then you will have mine too!

No appointments for me yet?! I desperately want a fill!

Sally

xx

Oh no... Caroline my email got returned - I must have the wrong address. I will send you a private message with my address!

Where are your appointments? How come you have a fill? Did they send you that too or did you have to request it?

I will have to ring them tomorrow now... I'm so jealous! I desperately need a fill!!

Sal

x

hi i have just had band fitted at bromsgrove, i was quite happy with everything. :) i wasn't a straight forward case when they started the op they found that i had a hiatas hernia and had to repair it so they were able to place the band i'm in quite a lot of pain and a bit fed up cos i cant return to work for six to eight weeks. day 3 post op i recieved a phone call from a hospital group nurse who checked i was ok and gave me details of future appointments that were to arrive via post in the next few days hope the rest of my wga experience goes to plan :unsure:

oh poor you!! but at least it was found not just overlooked. So far WGA has been 1st class so Im sure you are in safe hands.Enjoy the time off from work and rest so you are well enough for your band.

Take care. Cx

just want to say i had my band fitted in nottingham with the hospital group and everything was brilliant and i received very good treatment and after care the only pain is going to bromsgrove for the fills but it has been worth it i have had 7 fills and have 8.25ml in a 10ml band and have lost 60lbs in just over a year FANTASTIC am so happy with the experiance.

At one point it was a little too full i rang bromsgrove and i had an appointment that day for the next morning and they were very understanding and the care was excellent.:lol:

I am affraid I have nothing but praise for WGA!! I was banded on 12th Sept and I too had to have a hernia repair, the staff were great and sooo patient with me (im a needle phobic), I have got my appointment for x-ray and then another to be discharged. I will def go with WGA in the future if I need any cosmetic surgery after my weight loss.....Plus Dolan Park was lovely!! My mum n friend got Breakfast brought to them in my room, I had a double room to myself with a view of the pond and animals in the fields

Hi Sara and all (1st post so bare with me !)

3rd time lucky ,just registered after reading your experience with the HG.

Started replying twice and my message just dissapeared!!

I too had a band fitted 18mths ago with the Hospital Group and paid £7950.00 and wasnt offfered the cheaper package (To be fair maybe the offer was'nt available then?)Anyway all went well and had no problems untill now!!!

Started in july 08 my first holiday having lost four and a half stone was so looking foward to Not getting Harpooned on the beach:laugh:lol

I had 6mls in my band but as soon as i got of the plane i felt very uncomfortable but tried to pass it off,anyway it was a holiday from hell and if i had a harpoon i would of put myself out of my misery i even tried to find a hospital in spain to help but very difficult and as soon as i got back i phoned the owc and they got me in to have some Fluid out straight away and have to say there were and are fantastic especially a lady called Estelle she really does "care" it isnt just a job to her(credit where credits due).

I decided to have my band emptied totally to have a rest for a few weeks ,i have done this before and was soooooo looking foward to it.But IT never happened and to cut a long story short after a month of Acid reflux like you wouldnt believe and all that goes with a too tight band ,i new something was wrong,i rung and made an appiontment this week to have a x-ray .

Well Yesterday i had it confirmed i have a prolapse/slipped band!!!!!!

Was told to contact the HG which i have and have an app for next wed to see the surgeon for a consultation .(the fee of £150.00 )

They have made me fully aware that as i am "OUT OF THE 12 CONTRACT" the price is for removal it is £5000.00 and if they can correct it ? couldnt give me a price !:)

Only one small problem i dont have £5000.00 pounds !!!

Maybe i will just have to wait till it becomes that bad and i have to call 999 ! How bad is that? talk about hands being tied.

I thought a BAND is for LIFE not just for CHRISTMAS (18mths)!!!:tt2:

I said exactly what you quoted about buying a car etc i am just gobsmacked we are talking possible lifethreatening here (not just yet i hope finish this!)got to laugh or i will cry:laugh:

I rung my GP today as advised to ask if he could refer me to the NHS

as my surgeon does both private and NHS .He said he will have to talk to the senior partners and get back to me!! Dont think i should hold my breath do you ?:tt2:

Also been advised that my surgeon does like people yo-yoing from private to NHS ,Well im sorry mr surgeon but we are all not as loaded as you .

SO the outlook doesnt look too good maybe because i have been up since 3am feeling sorry for myself i suppose i got myself into this mess an.d i will have to sort it out.Have to say though feels better to get things of your chest and please all pray that next wed the surgeon takes one look at me and says "look you have spent alot of money with us and your LIFE is more important than MONEY " and i will do it for FREE ( nothing is for free so a small charge would be fine )we need to do the op as soon as possible and all goes well and we all live happily ever after .

3 2 1 back in the room !!!:tt2:

well we can live in hope !

Moral of this story dont FLY on a full band ! apparently its in the small print in the back of the booklet .... Anyone seen this?

Really glad things have worked out for you xx

P.s Anybody with some GET RICH QUICK SCHEMES please e-mail ASAP:thumbup:looloo

Edited by looloo913