Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why NOT To Go With "Why Go Abroad/The Hospital Group!!My personal Experiences....

Thats brill Debbie, I would have loved to meet up with you for coffee but my appointment is on the 30th july.. my one on 9th was the Mr Richardson one in london for discharge. I am so pleased you got to speak to Hayley... she seems to be the only one who knows what shes doing!!!!! Thats great you can eat most things... I am thinking of foooooood loads today.... need willpower!!!

Georgina xx

Hi Georgina

Oh nevermind maybe another time. You can tell me all about how it goes, not too happy in waiting 9 weeks for my xray and fill, but then at least it is booked, and i was very pleased to get Hayley ring me back because she was very nice and like you said seemed to know what she is doing. I will need loads of willpower between now and then. I think you need to try certain foods, i havent tried any meat yet or Rice, on holiday i lived on Spagetti Bolonaise and Omelettes, but what i find is i can eat more or less anything but just not alot of it, which is helpful otherwise i'd be the same weight as i started if not. I am finding tho that i am more regularly hungry now tho, which is why i am trying to eat healthy so at least i can go for my first fill having lost some weight. I am still a member at weight watchers so now i am into my 4 weeks (Normal Diet) i might go back there to keep myself on track. R u at any diet clubs at the moment..?

hi

i am new to this site and just read your letter of complaint, however my experience up to now has been great i feel lisa and sally are like old friends, lisa has always answered my calls and is full of information.

my op is the 21st july at bromsgrove i know i have gone for the cheaper option but i just want my band and any requirements after that i will happily pay for, i am sorry you have had a rough time but i feel your weight loss speaks for itself and you are much happier now.

xx

Hi Tracey, Good luck for you op on the 21st. Like you I found them to be all great pre op or should I say pre payment!! but just no time for you what so ever once you have paid. I hope your experience with them will be different. The team at Dolan Park are all great so you will have no worries there at all. Wishing you all the best.

Georgina x

Hiya Debbie,

I do the weighing at weight watchers!!! bloody cheeky eh! not told anyone about my surgery. Tonight is the weigh in night and I am worried I havent lost anything this week. Will be gutted if I haven`t as I have been sooo good but its hard as I am hungry a lot now. I tried a little rice yesterday with no prob at all. wouldnt really know I had a band! Been eating a lot of omlettes but think I need to cut back on the eggs as got terrible constipation!!!! : ) lovely!!! Hardly been since the op!! did have some chocolate ex lax... was a real treat yummy!!! haha... Got 3 weeks till my fill now, hope my willpower doesnt desert me!

Yes I think it might be a good idea to go to weight watchers while your waiting for your fill. With a weekly weigh in you can keep track of what your weight is doing and being at a club might inspire you.

Will post later on "the weekly weigh in" how I get on tonight. How much have you lost now? Do you eat salad? How is that if you do?

Look forward to hearing from you.

with love

Georgina xx

Hey Georgina

Like you i am starting to feel hungry, like all the time...! It is gonna be very difficult until my fill on the 9th of August, now i am wishing that i'd said it was too long away to Hayley. That reminds me, have you had your letter yet from THG will all the information about where to go in orpington etc... cause i havent..!!! They are starting to really annoy me now...

Well i have been eating most things to be honest, (Apart from Bread..!) i've had salad most days, tonight i had Spag Bol, last night i had a weight watchers fish pie which was really nice. I know what you mean about omlettes, cause when i was in my 3-4 weeks thats all i had and it does make you very constipated, but i got around this by just drinking lots of Water, it was easy for me to do that cause i was in spain at the time... ha ha and the weather was very hot...!

Hey Georgina like i said in my previous post try not to worry about the weight loss, just concentrate on getting the band heeled, and getting our first fills and away from the hosptial group, i think we will be both plain sailing then.

D..x

Hi Kerri.

Just got banded with WGA last tuesday 15th and everything was perfect. Nurses were top and i got first class care i also had the same surgeon as you are having and i couldnt fault anything , i was really looked. good luck you will be fine C x

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the message, I'm glad everything went well for you, I am booked in for the 12th September, so the nerves are kicking in and the self doubt of if i will cope!! but then I have the excitement too!! two very extreme emotions!! lol

hey peeps

Hope you are all well. I am from derby and am booked in for my op on 31st aug with Mr Sigurdsson too!! I personally have had an ok experience - they sent me a letter yesterday which advised that my op is booked for 31st july which made me nearly sh*t a brick as thats like thursday - but got it all sorted today.

It'll be great to keep in contact in how we are all getting on i the next few weeks!! Great to hear all your stories

Kel

Just an update....

Still no letter from THG regarding my suppose fill on the 9th Aug, (i'm tellin u girls it wants to happen)... So ANOTHER phone call is needed on Monday...!!!

They are SOOOO Frustrating....!

Georgina, have you got a discharge date yet also for Mr Richardson..? , i had a phone call the other day to say mine had been cancelled for the 25th July (Not that i knew i had an appointment then...!!!) and that someone would ring me to rearrange..as usual No phone call....!

I went with WGA had Mr rchardson the same as georgina.. had my surgery 2 weeks ago today.... 12th July.

I cant fault the service.... The nurses in hospital were fantastic, discharged early in the morning @ 6.30am but to be honest i'd rather be at home in my own bed!

The nurse called me after a week as I was tiod she would... that was perfect timing as I had a number of questions by then.

Now this morning a letter has arried with an appointment with a Dr Chaudry at Spire Hospital in Little Aston, Sutton Coldfield for thurs 31st july. Bit short notice but that means I get my xray only 2.5 weeks after surgery! I'm hoping I can have a little fill too so guna ring them monday.... I am glad it is sooner rather than later as I just wanna get this weight off asap!

Does anyone know who Dr Chaudry is??

Do you think they will let me have a small fill?

I hope so as my weight appears to have stopped dropping now. I lost 12lb of my 13 in the first week.

hiya. I had my band on 15th July with WGA and have also got to have an x-ray at the spire hospital on thur 31st july at 6.30pm! what time have you got? that means im only 2 weeks and 2 days post opp!! its sound like they are on the ball with the x-rays. !!! Hope you hear from you soon. maybe I will see you there. x

Caroline x

Hi Caroline..... I have got 6.45pm so we will be there at the same time.. you must be just before me!! How have you been getting on? Are you still loosing? How much have you lost? My operation was on the 12th so I am only a few days ahead of you.

Are you going on your own for your appointment or with someone... I think my husband is coming with me! We should grab a coffee...and compare notes! Did you have Dr Richardson for surgery?

Have you got far to travel to the appt? I m based in Cheltenham so its only about 1hr 30mins for me..

Cheers

Sally

hiya.

Not sure if my husband is coming or not yet...may just drive up alone from leicester. Dr Siguardson did mine.i feel ok not really hungry.would be nice to have a chat with you there.I will look out for you when i come out.i will wear a green top white trousers.c u tomoz. caroline x

Excellent see you tomorrow... I will be wearing cropped black trousers & a green stripy t-shirt (I think!).... cheers Sally xx