Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Tummy Hurts! 2 days Post Op.

Hi everyone,

Well..today is day two of being post op and I'm still in a lot of pain.

I was just wondering if this was normal?

I know it's not the gas because I've been very good about getting up and walking around and there doesn't seem to be any pain traveling.

It's more like my actual stomach is irritated, I can't drink anything cold or it hurts like heck, in fact anything other that room temperature Water is a killer.

So the doctors nurse called and said to drink slower and make sure everything is room temp.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just a slow healer?

:smile:

I was totally there with you, girl friend! I am 4 days post-op and have found out that I am a slow healer also - either that or have a low tolerance for pain! Each day it is getting better. Today I thought I needed to get out of the house so I asked my husband to take me to the mall. We went to GNC to buy the Protein Shots everyone is talking about. For some reason, I was in so much "band" pain! I could feel the band around my stomach/esophagus and it hurt! Kinda miserable with that all day. My advice - REALLY SIP, SIP, SIP....it gets better :-)

Sounds normal to me! 3 to 5 days out and I really started feeling better all the way around.

Today I can't even tell I had anything done, except my hunger is not like it was before the band :smile:

I just got banded yesterday, and my stomach is the only thing that still hurts also. But not enough from keeping me from doing anything....it just feels like I did a thousand sit-ups yesterday!

9 days post op here and still in quite a bit of pain. It comes and goes. I never imagined it would be like this...everyone else seems to have such an easy time with it all. :P

Sounds normal to me too. I didn't start feeling human again until maybe 5 or 6 days post op, then after that everyday just got better. Even now my stomach still hurts when I do certain movements. Oh, and the burping is a pain. I go in stores with people and they pretend like they don't know me because I burp so loud and so frequently and I can't control it.

U know before i was banded I would read... oh it was a breeze.. it wasent bad at all... People would say hey it wasen't bad at all... Now i am no punk when it comes to pain... I have a high tollerence for pain. Bottom line, however the lapband.. that was hell to tell the captain.... I am real when i say i was in pain... Read my blog.. like i said i refuse to lie to anyone...lol.. but this i do know is that it will get better... as each day goes by.. it is always better than the day before... The pain meds the Dr. made me really sick.. so i stopped taking them... If u take a few tylenol that should do it.. and make sure u drink plenty of Fluid because u will get dehydrated... I did, but i refused to go to the hospital, because i have a 3-year old and it is just me and him.... It will get better trust me....:P

I got banded two weeks ago and I am still sensitive to pain. I would suggest putting ice on the area and also one thing that helped me was getting up and walking often. Everyone is different and you have to just allow your body the time to heal.

Well I found out why I am so uncomfortable.

I spoke with the Dr. and he said that because I have taken Vicodin consistently since I left surgery that my bowels are slowed and I might also be lactose intolerant.

So I have to drink Clear liquids and chew gum and walk a lot!

I took a 15 min walk today and have had a lot of Water and i'm starting to feel a little better.

Although,....it's as if I can feel the port thing in me. Because when I'm laying in certain positions it is very uncomfortable.

Thanks again for all the responses.

OBTW, I want FOOD! Not tea, not Soup, good ol' food! Like, maybe chicken nuggets dipped in BBQ Sauce with a side of mashed potatoes and some type of fizzy drink.

Okay, I'll stop now. I know there is a reason why I had this surgery and I pray I can make the most of it.