Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you like to do/acheive once you have reached goal??

Ok ladies…I have thought about this so many times, so just thought I’d share with you below the things I would like to do once I have gotten to my goal weight.

• Be able to shop in ANY shop I want and not have to make sure they go to plus sizes.
  • Eat out at restaurants and not have people give me the look thinking “she doesn’t need any more food to eat”
  • Not to have to look out for and make sure the chair I want to sit it doesn’t have arms
  • Not need a extension belt on an a plane and to fit comfortably in the seat
  • Get into a bikini and not have to settle for a swimming costume to hide my lumps and bumps
  • To be able to cross my legs!!!
  • Not be the biggest person when going out with friends or family.
  • Run around after my nephews and not get tired or be in pain after 30 seconds
  • Fit into rides at a theme park
  • Go horse riding (and not be told im to heavy for the horse)
  • Lastly stick two fingers up to anyone that doubted me or told me I couldn’t do it! Lol

How about you ladies…….?

U know GG... I think about this so freekin often it aint funny... Now see I am going to flip it a little bit because i know that what I believe will come to pass, and how i write it means everything... so here we go...lol..

1. I am so thankful and grateful that I am able to go wardrobe shopping and purchase all new clothes in my fab. new size 10. Baby look at me now. I mean I have everything i have ever wanted, everything from the top to the bottom.. and price was not a factor either... how great is that!!!!

2. I am so grateful and thankful that I am able to take that photo shoot that I have always wanted to take, and of course I am wearing some of the sexy new outfits that i bought... feels really good....

3. I have been invited to be in a fashion show to show off my sexy new look... who would have thought.. because I said that I wanted to walk down a runway looking 'hott to def'....lol.. wow... I told them to watch out because here I come and I have arrived...

4. Oh and one last thing... I bought those sexy guess shoes that I have been dreaming about and I am going to wear then to a friends birthday party. I am not trying to stop her show, but hey when u got it u got it...lol...

and I wil check back on this thread to put a big red check next to every thing once i meet it. Well done... Great thread...

what I'm really enjoying is feeling like I look "right" in any situation.

I'm no stunning beauty, I'm getting older, weight loss has had some rather unfortunate effects on my face, sigh, but despite all that, I feel like I always look my best, even dressed down in gym pants! I dont miss that feeling of getting all done up, feeling a million bucks and deflating when I catch sight of myself in a mirror (I used to think ugh, look at that fat chick, and it was ME!) the rest of my night would be ruined.

You know, I also enjoy being able to race out of the house to take the kids to school sans shower, sans make up etc and STILL feel OK.

And running, I love my running.

Hey GG,

You crack me up -- have you ever thought about being a talk show host? You are good at starting discussions!

Well, hold on to your hat because I am going to check off on your list the things that I was (am) able to do in less than 10 months of being banded.

• Be able to shop in ANY shop I want and not have to make sure they go to plus sizes. Check, I am a US size 10 (possibly even an 8) now. I was a size US size 24/26 when I started.

• Eat out at restaurants and not have people give me the look thinking “she doesn’t need any more food to eat” Check, except that I don't really eat out in restaurants that often any more (I used to all the time). Often a small meal like a Protein bar would do it for me -- especially for Breakfast or lunch.

• Not to have to look out for and make sure the chair I want to sit it doesn’t have arms Check, no problems with chairs, and my derrière does not extend past the seat either.

• Not need a extension belt on an a plane and to fit comfortably in the seat Check, not only that, I have lots of room left over in the seat!

• Get into a bikini and not have to settle for a swimming costume to hide my lumps and bumps Uh... I'll let you know about this after my plastic surgery.

• To be able to cross my legs!!! Check -- no problem. In fact this is old hat at this point.

• Not be the biggest person when going out with friends or family. Check, with me it was my exercise classes, where I was one of the heavier participants. Now, I am not the thinnest, but I am in the bottom ranks of the weight scale as compared to the other ladies in my classes.

• Run around after my nephews and not get tired or be in pain after 30 seconds Check, I am starting to run for exercise now. I can also easily do hikes of two to three hours on hilly terrain, with no problems either.

• Fit into rides at a theme park Haven't tried that, but I'm sure it would be no problem.

• Go horse riding (and not be told im to heavy for the horse) Again, haven't done that (although I love riding), but I am sure it would be no problem.

• Lastly stick two fingers up to anyone that doubted me or told me I couldn’t do it! SO not even worth my time or effort, because I never cared about stupid people and their stupid opinions in the first place! (LOL :thumbup:)

Hey!!

lol you funny, i should start my own show, goodness know's i have so much to talk about lol lol

Thats what i love about this site, you have people from the start of thinking about banding right to the very end to show them that it can be done, and you got to goal in just 10 months!!! (((claps for Frangipani))))

Stay tuned for the next edition of the GG show!!!

Look after yourselves and each other LOL LOL!!!

I want to feel comfortable in my own skin!! I have already hit some smaller goals like fitting in the airplane seat and being able to buy something out of the "normal" womens department but I think my main goal is to feel comfortable and proud of myself for who I am on the outside not only inside. getting the number of a seriously hot guy that I would think is out of my league would be nice too :-)

My goal would to be actually living my life and doing anything I want to!

Actually being able to buy clothes that aren't TIGHT on me etc.

Just being a new and healthy me.

I think about this everyday!!!

I am a new bander....so I can't wait to reap the rewards! I want all the things you want plus more.

LIke that two piece, Ohhh I can't wait! I want the skimpiest one! And I am going to the beach and lay out and I DO NOT NEED TO TAN!

Shopping in any stores! Maaaaaan! I used to get depressed going to the mall! "Do you have plus sizes?" Why is the answer always NO! So I can't wait on this one!

I am tired of being the "fine big girl"! I want to just be fine!

But to answer your question, I just want the two piece! And I want to like what I see when I am in my birthday suit! And although it's only been 5 days..it's so close I can feel it!

I'd like to learn to scuba dive

Great thread indeed! I've been small and in great shape before but I am knock-kneed so I've always been self conscious about going jogging. If and when I have the surgery I plan to be one of those people you see jogging anytime (whether it's sunny, rainy or cold outside). I've always admired people who could be so disciplined and intend to be one of them.

thats what im talking about lol

I think about this everyday!!!

LIke that two piece, Ohhh I can't wait! I want the skimpiest one! And I am going to the beach and lay out and I DO NOT NEED TO TAN!

Hi Skinny!

Thats a good one!! im also knock-kneed and never where trousers, or shorts. So getting into a pair of trousers is another one to add onto my list. Ive not worn trousers in public for over 13 yrs:ohmy:

Great thread indeed! I've been small and in great shape before but I am knock-kneed so I've always been self conscious about going jogging. If and when I have the surgery I plan to be one of those people you see jogging anytime (whether it's sunny, rainy or cold outside). I've always admired people who could be so disciplined and intend to be one of them.

Shopping in a actual store and not having to order stuff half blind from online.

Living longer.

Getting out and actually doing things without feeling like I am gonna die from heat/pain.

Playing in the park or pool with my kids.

Going to the mall or outdoor festivals etc without having to rent a darn wheelchair or find a electric cart.

Being able to shop in all the stores I can't shop in now cause they DON'T have electric carts or large wheelchairs.

NOT to have to *pace/plan* my housework on what I can achieve physically.

Not having to take 20+ pills every morning.