Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you like to do/acheive once you have reached goal??

My minigoal right now is to get below 400 and to get to a size 26/28 I am 407 now I get weighed again June 19th which kinda sucks cause ive been slacking in the exercise lately, don't normally do that. And I am in 30/32 clothes

I want to be able to salute all the f***ers with one finger who said shit and dance around them in a circle naked showing them my sexy body LOL

I want to be able to salute all the f***ers with one finger who said shit and dance around them in a circle naked showing them my sexy body LOL

Sexy is in the eye of the beholder. I never struggled with finding men who wanted me, no matter what my weight. Even at 314 I've been able to make my choices. I truly believe that as long as you feel good about yourself, it makes you more attractive. Of course if you're feeling really strong and great about yourself, get dancing naked!! :rolleyes2: But why wait til goal weight to Celebrate your smaller victories? I truly believe the journey is as important as the end. Enjoy every step of this journey. You've earned it.

You're so right. But who says I don't dance naked at home while no one is watching.? :rolleyes2: :)

I would like to achieve the following:

Shopping for "normal" clothes

Getting my insecurities in check

Not having people think I'm older then I am

Not worrying every time my DH takes me out to eat that I won't fit into a booth or chair

Wanting to get out more and have fun

Oh, and the two major ones....

I want to go scuba diving

AND

I want to get a tattoo in memory of my father on my lower back

I would like to achieve the following:

Shopping for "normal" clothes

Getting my insecurities in check

Not having people think I'm older then I am

Not worrying every time my DH takes me out to eat that I won't fit into a booth or chair

Wanting to get out more and have fun

Oh, and the two major ones....

I want to go scuba diving

AND

I want to get a tattoo in memory of my father on my lower back

Oh, let me talk you out of the tattoo on the lower back. That was by far the most painful thing I have ever done. It was even worse than WLS! Aside from that, the lower back is one of the few places where skin doesn't stretch or re-shape as much when you lose/gain weight....if you're really all for getting one, why wait?! :drool:

Oh, let me talk you out of the tattoo on the lower back. That was by far the most painful thing I have ever done. It was even worse than WLS! Aside from that, the lower back is one of the few places where skin doesn't stretch or re-shape as much when you lose/gain weight....if you're really all for getting one, why wait?! :smile2:

Ehhh, I hate pain....LOL

15_9_23.gif 36_35_1.gif O.K. so I got carried away with the smilys..they say a lot! 15_9_28.gifBut my first thing I want to do is my minigoal of being able to clip my own tonails again.. As it is I can clip 3 on 1 foot and 2 on the other..I hate asking my kids when they come over to clip my toenails. 36_1_69.gif When I get to Onderland I am going to hunt me down a clawfoot tub and take a long hot bubble bath. I miss them.. But that is a long way off yet.36_1_58.gifWhen I reach goal weight I want to go to my school reunion and FLAUNT myself in front of all the people that made my life heck in school because of my weight. Then I will treat myself to a trip to somewhere with a beach and have:thumbup: myself some fun without people staring at me for the wrong reason. I want to try clothing on at a store istead of taking them home to try on because I might stink from sweating. There are a lot of things I want to do. Buying clothes that are fun instead of old lady clothes (sorry if I offend anyone) I have always been fat and hated wearing pantsuits growing up and strech pants eversince. O.K. I think I am done now!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Buying clothes that are fun instead of old lady clothes (sorry if I offend anyone) I have always been fat and hated wearing pantsuits growing up and strech pants eversince. O.K. I think I am done now!

Old lady clothes?! I'd like to find clothes that are appropriate for MY SIZE! I go to Lane Bryant and the Avenue and can't find any appropriate business attire. The old August Max Woman or Casual Corner Woman are gone and I no longer find attractive appropriate suits and slacks, let alone blouses that don't have to be pinned to keep me from falling out during a meeting!!!

I know, why are all shirts made for your boobs to pop out of? I hate it. Another thing I hate- it seems all plus size shirts now look like maternity shirts.

I love this thread!

1) definitely being able to shop in "normal" sizes

2) not having to push the table toward my smaller friends in booths

3) not having to plot my path through restaurants to make sure I can squeeeeeeze through the path

4) not sweating and being out of breath when I only walk 2 blocks

5) not being mortified when I fly

6) being so cute and having my 3-year crush see me and me being able to tell him NO b/c I've wasted all this time on him!!! Why does he give mixed signals and give all this attention and then not ask me out? GRR

That's all for now! :-)

Edited by SickNTired

I have a good friend who was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. He is going to make a full recovery, and in the spring of 2009, we are going to run the "round the bay" which is a 30km run around Lake Ontario in early spring. It can be cold, icy, rainy or whatever. We will be ready, strong, healthy, and we will finish it together.

I have a good friend who was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. He is going to make a full recovery, and in the spring of 2009, we are going to run the "round the bay" which is a 30km run around Lake Ontario in early spring. It can be cold, icy, rainy or whatever. We will be ready, strong, healthy, and we will finish it together.

30 KM??? Please tell me that was a typing error and was supposed to be 3.....Isn't that like 16-20 miles??!!!