Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you like to do/acheive once you have reached goal??

I'm going to buy a pair of knee-high boots for the first time in my life.

I'm going to wear a dress in the winter because I have boots to keep my legs warm!

I'm going to go on another long bike trip with my husband, only this time we're taking the singles, not the tandem, and I'll be able to keep up (well, maybe :)).

I'm going to start bike commuting again.

I'm going to take buy fun, cute clothes again.

I'm going to wear shirts that have to be tucked into pants and not worry about looking like I have no waist!

Ahh, this is good for the soul. :biggrin2:

Looking back...I was never really overweight until I hit 40 & the pounds just started rolling on. I look back at my pics & wonder where my head was!!!

SO...I am going to appreciate every frickin pound I lose. :rolleyes:

I have some of my old clothes thatt I have hung up in my closet as milestones that I'm trying to 'relive'. Yesterday I wore a pair of pants that I have not worn in 4 years! Boy...that felt good.

Laughing at trying on old clothes---I'm quite a few years beyond college and high school, but spent some time cleaning out the last remnants of my old me from the closets last weekend. I tried on my 2 prom dresses and a senior dinner dance dress and shared a great laugh with my mom. I'm not sure whether I laughed harder at the fact that they're too big now or that the styles were so 80's---big bows, shiny fabric and the dreaded drop waist with puffy sleeves!! I don't understand how they're too big, though....I'm still about 25 pounds heavier than my weight when I wore those before.

So...long term goal for next spring--to RUN or jog a 5K with my sister-in-law and some friends. I just want to be able to jog for the entire 3+ miles without stopping. My treadmill sessions haven't been very encouraging yet, so it's going to be a true test if I can make it.... Right now I do 5K in about 40 minutes, and my sister-in-law is at 24 minutes. Oh, I've definitely got some work to do, but it's certainly something worth working at.....:thumbup:

Just had to add to this one...since I'm a relative newbie and missed it the first time around!

• Get off the diabetes and high blood pressure meds - just flush 'em down the dang toilet and never take them again!
  • Be small enough for DH to pick me up and not worry about straining his back during our "play" sessions...
  • To set a good example for DD - even if she doesn't get the surgery, she can work with me on food issues and exercise and maybe not have to undergo surgery at all (she's under 18)
  • Like some of you, be able to wear clothes that are short, tight, body-fitting and "whore" it up a little - just to make DH hot and other men jealous.
  • To go to my next high school reunion looking extremely HOT and give all those who used to be hot (and nasty to those of us who weren't) pause for cause...
  • To give away all my "big" clothes - and having "big" mean anything over a size 12!
  • To wear body-enhancing clothes to work out at the gym so I can truly see my body posture and body position and know I'm doing all the movements correctly
  • To buy a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress (an original) and know that it will fit me forever because I've got the tools to keep my weight under control for the rest of my life
  • To wear a very fitted leather dress that enhances every single curve
  • To wear a two-piece swimsuit - not a string bikini, because I think my scars may not allow that, but just wearing a two-piece because I can!

I could go on for quite a while...thanks for this!:)

Sorry to see that your support group meeting wasn't positive. I certainly hope you weren't one we scared off!!! I have found that this website offers far more than my support group meetings, but still attend because I think (and hope) that the more support, the better. Good luck in getting a surgery date. I appreciate all of the things you said for goals, but particularly the size 12. I think I wore a size 10 in 4th grade.....not sure I'll ever get down to a 12, but here's to dreaming. :)

Hey Luv2Teech7,

Nope, that wasn't me...my meeting was in Connecticut:lol:

I think we HAVE to plan out our lives post-Banding...it's definately part of my personality - I'm a planner. A motivational speaker I heard once called it "Dreambuilding".

Someone with a biblical background might say it's Faith - seeing things that are not as though they were. I like to just call it positive thinking. If we spend our mental energy thinking about good things instead of bad, we'll attract more good things to us.

I need a goal to work toward to slow down my Extreme Shopping...I want so much to buy new clothes (I am definately a shopaholic) and it's hard not to buy the new cute things I see. I tell myself it's okay to buy a few things at each stage (I love to dress well) but I won't get my full-on-intensive-Olympic-level-shop on until I get to my goal weight (155 lbs) or my goal size (not sure if that will be an 8 or a 10).

My DH is already remarking about the dresses I wear now - I usually have to pin the neckline because I'm full-busted (very!) and most things I buy leave way too much explosed for ME, let alone for business attire.

I completely agree with you that I've found WAAAY more support on the LBT website than in the support group. But then, I'm a fighter, so I may just go back and hold it down for all us banded girls and guys out there...who knows, maybe I'll be the one that helps someone else decide to stay who really needs the group environment?:)

I need a goal to work toward to slow down my Extreme Shopping...I want so much to buy new clothes (I am definately a shopaholic) and it's hard not to buy the new cute things I see. I tell myself it's okay to buy a few things at each stage (I love to dress well) but I won't get my full-on-intensive-Olympic-level-shop on until I get to my goal weight (155 lbs) or my goal size (not sure if that will be an 8 or a 10).

I am not, not, NOT being judgmental here!

I've read articles about people that have had WLS and swapped their food addiction for shopping, drinking, et al addictions. I think it's completely normal to be shopping addicted esp as you lose weight. Won't be good for my bank account though!!! (But it will be fun to have to balance the budget!!)

Mornin' SNT!

No offense, my sister - I am wary of that as well. I have read that addictive personality traits can run in a family - my dad (God rest his soul) had a gambling issue when I was a child. He passed away when I was 9, and I didn't hear the real deal until I was an adult. That is part of the reason I don't gamble - I'm afraid that it may be true, and if it is, I don't want to wake up that side of me...

I could very easily get into trouble by shopping too much...I read stories about women who have ruined their finances and their families with shopping addictions - one woman had run up 15K worth of credit card bills that her hubby didn't find out about until they went to buy a house and couldn't get a mortgage because of the debt. :tt2: That must have been a tough ride home...

I'll keep the shopping under control for now :wink2: and just keep putting the money I would have spent away in a seperate account so that when the time is right, I'll be able to literally shop 'til I drop! :tongue:

I will shop a little as I move along (just because I love to be well-dressed) but the BIG trip can wait until I reach goal :crying:

Thanks for your concern - I totally appreciate the spirit in which your message was intended...it's part of the reason I :w00t: this board!!!

OK you are the nicest person ever! You know via the written word one has to make sure that there isn't a misunderstood tone! Sometimes I think that we all have an addiction, it's just that with some of us it's more evident what it is!!! Ugh!

My favorite phrase from your post "That must have been a tough ride home..." - hysterical! I can see hiding a pair of shoes maybe but $15k of purchases? The guilt would keep me awake at night! (Of course I despise shopping so the notion of racking up that kind of debt seems almost impossible, ha.)

The idea of a goal savings account is great! I was trying to think of something to reward myself every 10-15-20 pounds or so and that's it! <talking to my account...."here's your $100, honey. Keep it safe for momma!">

Off topic - have you heard of pandora.com? I'm at work and listen every day! It's streaming radio that you can cater to your taste. Right now I'm rockin' some John Legend. :-) I like to listen to soul at work b/c it's fairly calming but with a good rhythm (and one of my gf's says i'm an honorary black girl - ha!) I'm rambling....

SNT - I'm ROFLMBAO right now - "honorary black girl" - Girlfriend, you are too funny!:wink2::lol::tongue:

I checked out Pandora - looks interesting. I'm a big fan of Internet radio - I listen to WBLS every morning because they have Steve Harvey on...he and his crew are SO FUNNY! They play mostly R&B, some oldies and a sprinkling of gospel throughout the day. Then at 2 pm, I get my gossip fix on with Wendy Williams...talk about outrageous!

That's another thing I'll have to add to my 'achievement' list - I want to go to a live taping of Wendy's new tv show! Heck, I'd like to go to a taping of Oprah, and let's throw a few food network shows in there for my DD...

But I digress...:crying:

I just noticed that you are scheduled for your band surgery! Wahoo! You go girl! Hopefully I'll be able to join you as an October bandster!

Edited by EbonyRose
Add note to SNT

Wendy Williams is ker-azy!!!!!!! Is there anything she won't say? When I think of Steve Harvey, I still think of his bit on "Kings of Comedy" about rowing on a table. He's a mess! (in the southern sense of the word)

Going to an Oprah show would rock! Plus, I love visiting Chicago (well 3 seasons of the year)! :biggrin:

I hope you get your date soon! I'll save you a seat on the Pumpkins bus, ok!?! :thumbup:

Mornin' SNT,

I think we should propose a visit to Oprah from a whole bunch of LBT'ers...I don't recall if she's ever done a show on lap bands, and we have such a wide range of people, both genders, all ages, and many geographic areas that I think it would be an interesting show.

I bet we could fill up her audience space with LBT'ers - wouldn't THAT be awesome! :thumbup:

We could have people that have lost up to 50 pounds, 50 - 100 lbs, 100 - 200 lbs, and 200 plus pounds - we could inspire hundreds or thousands of people to take their health into their own hands and also debunk some of the myths around lap banding. :smile2:

I'm up for it - what do you think?

I'm up for it - what do you think?

Sign me up!

I hadn't heard about Oprah being against WLS. I guess if I had trainers, chefs, et al, maintenance would be easier! Wait, she had that dark-haired woman from NY that had GP on. They're buds.