Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok how many people banded in May....

Has started working out yet? I know I started after my 2-weeks were up. I started out doing 30-minutes on the elliptical maching and now I am up to a cool 60.lol... I know this will speed up the weight loss process as well but I am going to hold off on the stomach crunches for about 6mths or so because i dont want my port to flip or disconnect or anything... Now I don't have that much of a stomach anyway so it wont be hard for me to hit the abs and get them under control in like 1-2mths... but i just want to make sure that I am not alone with the working out and everything.... My best friend that relocated to Atl.. has been there doing everything with me, and it is so crazy because when i started on my liquid phase she said ok i'm going to do it to... she was more pissed off than i was... too funny... she was like hell i think i am going to eat my arm...:).. but after a few days it was better... and the next phases as well. Now she got a personal trainer and he is brutal....:thumbup:, and i told her everything he is telling her is so true.. and I will workout with her because I know it is do-able. He trains her 2-days a week and she started out doing 30 minutes of the elliptical like i did but he only gave her a week to get to an hour...lol... I am not a hard person to motivate once I see something I want nothing can stop me from getting it. Now does anyone have a workout routine set up??

hi mstrina- i was supposed to start this past monday 6/2, but i came down with a nasty cold that's still kickin' my @$$. but i am going back to the gym on monday no matter what!

i'll start out going every other day, then in two weeks everyday. i usually go on the treadmill, that gives me great overall results. i can't wait to start doing crunches, my stomach needs all the help it can get. :thumbup: but i too have to wait 6 months for those.

best of luck to you on your routine!!! sounds like you're off to a great start! :)

I had surgery on 5/22 and I wasn't supposed to start exercising until the second week. I am only supposed to walk for 10 minutes a day. Then next week I am supposed to do 20 minutes, then 30 the next. After that week, they said I can do as much as I want, and any kind of exercise. I love to swim, and I will be so glad to be able to do that again.

OK MsTrina, I'm not gonna lie-I've been slacking! But you have given me the inspiration! I'm going home today and getting on that treadmill! What else are you doing in your workout? I just might have to copy...

damn girlllllllllll You are so motivating. Love it!

7_5_142.gifI was banded May 13th. My dr. absolutly will not let me work out other than walking. Say's to many things can go wrong if you push it before your body heals. So at 6 weeks I can do excersizes after my check up.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Hey gone 4 ever are you feeling better? I hope you are. I am being banded by Dr. Groves on the 17th. Could you tell me how long did you have to stay at the hospital and was everybody nice. Hope I don't have to wear a gown thats 2 sizes to small. Thanks and good luck to all Jazzy Junes.

OK MsTrina, I'm not gonna lie-I've been slacking! But you have given me the inspiration! I'm going home today and getting on that treadmill! What else are you doing in your workout? I just might have to copy...

u know actually I am just doing the elliptical trainer right now for an hour a day. I was going to do it for 4-days a week but i have actually pushed it up to 6-days a week because if i take too many days off i will start to get lazy... and i figure if i eat everyday i can do some sort of working out that i know aint gonna kill me...lol... but now on tomorrow I am going to start my arm weights and that is to firm the lovely skin under my sexy arms....lol... uhhhh i hate that crap... but the best part about it is that I know it can be toned.... but I am going to wait on the leg presses, and squats for about 2-more weeks and put that into my workout as well...