Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All! Things are going well. I weighed myself when I first came home from the hospital and found out that I gained 5 lbs since the morning I left for surgery. :confused: I was so upset. But as of today I've lost 3 of those lbs. My tummy was really distended (more than usual) when I first got home. I even took a picture of it. :wub:

I haven't been very hungry and at first I was sort of on autopilot. I woke up and tried to eat and then again at lunch time etc before I realized what I was doing. I wasn't eating because I was HUNGRY. Its a bit of a balance because you want to give your body the nutrients to heal but at the same time this is a whole new way to eat and you should eat when you are hungry, and I wasn't. So I've been trying to listen to my body. The signs of hunger have been different than I'm used to so I really have to listen (and make sure it isn't the gas roaming around that is making noise).

Last night I slept on either side (the side with the small incisions is more comfortable). I'm too chicken to try my stomach yet, which is how I normally sleep. I did take half a vicoden last night which knocked me out.

I've been doing a lot of walking and trying to get back into doing all my normal stuff and it seems to have caught up to me today as I am very sore and tired. I find I can bend (at the knees and then over if need be) to pick up things but I go very very slowly and when I sit for a long while or sleep my body is very stiff when I get up. Sitting up from a laying position is getting easier. I was afraid I was going to bust a stich at first but its going well

I still went for a walk again today - to the mall. While I was walking through I fell in love with a dress at macys. Its just a cotton dress with a white background and brown trim and a little background pattern in different colors (it may not sound cute from my bad description but it is!). They even had it in an 18 but I gave myself a goal and bought it in a 14. I don't know when I'll reach that goal (could be the dead of winter) but I thought it would be a good visual. Anyway I took some liquid ibuprofen when I got home, had some broth and I woke up 1 1/2 hrs later.

I've had a little development. That little thing that hangs in the back of your throat- well mine must have not liked being tubed or it got squished or something because its all inflamed and half of it is white and its so swollen it hangs partially down my throat and gives me this gag feeling. Dr said to just let it heel so that's what I'm trying to do. I suck on sore throat drops and use a spray at night to numb it. I try not to think about it because it wigs me out.

Well, its time for another walk for me. Tomorrow I'll take my bandages off and check it all out :thumbup:

Tomorrow the great mushie diet begins!! Although I will confess I tried some tuna salad today and it went just fine - never has bland tuna tasted so good.

I have a concern as I take this next step.... it seems I am getting my pre-op hunger back. I've lost 10lbs since being banded and I am terrified I'm going to gain it back. :rolleyes2: I hear that once you start eating normal foods again that's when you gain back but I don't wanna!!! (do I sound like a two year old yet? :) ) This has been at the forefront of my brain the past few days and has me very concerned.

I've also discovered that I'm allergic to something. I'm not sure if it was the adhesive glue (instead of stiches) the steri strips or what but I have red welts that ITCH like crazy around my incisions. I went to the nurse today and she told me to put hydrocordizone cream on it and just try to let it be. Anyone have any other ideas - this cream only does so much.

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• markhold

One faithful day as i was watching a video on you tube i saw a  comment of one MR PAUL HAVERSACK testifying of this great herbal healer doctor Moses Buba,That helped him enlarge his manhood .i was shocked and happy, so i quickly visited his website and emailed him within 30 mins he got back to me and told me all i need to buy and i did so after 4 days i received his herbal medicine ,he gave me instructions on how to use it ,as i am speaking to you people now after using the cream for just two weeks my manhood  size is 10 inches long and 8.0 girth ,,am so happy and grateful for his work in my life thank you so much Doctor Moses buba ,,i also learnt he has cure for LOW SPERM COUNT,PREMATURE EJACULATION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION,HIV/AIDS VIRUS,DIABETES 1/2,HERPES DISEASE,CANCER,and lots more

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • markhold

One faithful day as i was watching a video on you tube i saw a  comment of one MR PAUL HAVERSACK testifying of this great herbal healer doctor Moses Buba,That helped him enlarge his manhood .i was shocked and happy, so i quickly visited his website and emailed him within 30 mins he got back to me and told me all i need to buy and i did so after 4 days i received his herbal medicine ,he gave me instructions on how to use it ,as i am speaking to you people now after using the cream for just two weeks my manhood  size is 10 inches long and 8.0 girth ,,am so happy and grateful for his work in my life thank you so much Doctor Moses buba ,,i also learnt he has cure for LOW SPERM COUNT,PREMATURE EJACULATION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION,HIV/AIDS VIRUS,DIABETES 1/2,HERPES DISEASE,CANCER,and lots more

· 0 replies
    • markhold

· 0 replies
    • Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches