Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fun Thread

I thought we could do a fun thread today. If you want to participate please answer the following questions:

1. What is your first name?

2. How long have you been banded?

3. How much weight have you lost?

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding?

5. What is your favorite food now?

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat?

7. What is your favorite snack food?

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded?

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before?

10. Do you have any pets? What kind?

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted?

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it?

13. What are your favorite books to read?

14. What is your favorite TV program?

1. What is your first name? Kyleigh

2. How long have you been banded? 18 months

3. How much weight have you lost? 95 lbs

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? Anything Fried!

5. What is your favorite food now? Anything Fried!

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? Can't eat bread.< /p>

7. What is your favorite snack food? Tortilla chips

He is the same OLD guy!!!

Run and play with my kid, walk in the mall for hours with my friends.

10. Do you have any pets? What kind?

2 cats and 1 dog-a rat terrier

11. What would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted?

Jamaica

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it?

Buy a really huge house

13. What are your favorite books to read?

True Crime

14. What is your favorite TV program?

House, MD

1. What is your first name? Crystal

2. How long have you been banded? 45 days

3. How much weight have you lost? about 25 pounds

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? sushi and thai food

5. What is your favorite food now? well, I hope still sushi and thai food, but there aren't any local sushi or thai places to me now. (I'll be going home mid-May.. Yay!) But right now, I am enjoying a blend of spiced pate that I mix up myself.

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? I haven't tried any sort of bread

7. What is your favorite snack food? I'm not really a snacker

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? Nope, no change

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? leave the house without my inhalers

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? I have an ancient yellow Lab. My DH has a pair of chinchillas

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? A startrek holodeck. If you insist on limiting me to this planet, I would love to do some sort of adventure trip. Maybe dog sledding in the Yukon or white Water rafting or learning to drive a like a spy, or maybe sleeping on the beach of a tropical island :D

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? pay my tuition, pay my son's tuitions, pay the tuition for my other boy-ohs...

13. What are your favorite books to read? I love trashy sci-fi and fantasy, but I read lots of technical books on security.

14. What is your favorite TV program? Farscape, but it's off the air now. :D So I would probably pick Stargate

Betty you need to answer your own survey!!!

1. What is your first name? Tanya

2. How long have you been banded? 28 days

3. How much weight have you lost? 14 pounds

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? fried chicken

5. What is your favorite food now? veggie burgers

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? don't know yet

7. What is your favorite snack food? almonds

Couldn't keep his hands off me before and now it's worst (smile)

Wear some of the clothes in my closet

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? Not now.

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? Greece

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Pay off my house

13. What are your favorite books to read? Sci-Fi

14. What is your favorite TV program? House

1. What is your first name? Michelle

2. How long have you been banded? 1 year and 22 days

3. How much weight have you lost? 90 lbs

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? Fresh hot sourdough breadwith real butter

5. What is your favorite food now? Do not really have one

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? Not too much bread , past or rice any more due to fill level

7. What is your favorite snack food? Sliced cheese with Peanut Butter

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? No, he is still the loving caring supportive man I married 13 years ago

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? 2 dogs ( jack russel terrier/beagle mix & Shepard/ boxer mix & 1 cat

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? Pay off my house and remodel it from room to room

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Get back to you on that one

13. What are your favorite books to read? Romance novels

14. What is your favorite TV program? ESPN SportsCenter/ American Idol

1. What is your first name? Mary

2. How long have you been banded? 8 months

3. How much weight have you lost? 76lbs

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? Spagetti with Meatballs

5. What is your favorite food now? Cottage cheese with cheese.< /p>

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? Do not really eat Pork (Texture)

7. What is your favorite snack food? Cottage Cheese with more Cheese.

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? More affectionate. Holds my hand - Bought me a single Rose for his Birthday

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? Go for long long walks. Walk up stairs

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? Dog - Chihuhaha(spelling) & Hamster (max)

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? Italy

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Are we paying off bills? Then I would do that first then the vacation

13. What are your favorite books to read? Wuthering Heights. . Stephen King books.

14. What is your favorite TV program? Law and order SVU - CSI - House & Reality TV like The amazing race I think Rob is cute.

1. What is your first name? Penni

2. How long have you been banded? 1 year and 11 days LOL!!

3. How much weight have you lost? 55 lbs

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? OH NO!! I have to pick just ONE. Mostly breads.

5. What is your favorite food now? OH NO!! I have to pick just ONE. LOL!! Proteins, Soups, veggies, chips, fritos, cheetos, OOPS!! those snuck in.

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? Breads still give me problems.

7. What is your favorite snack food? OH NO!! I have to pick just ONE. LOL!! Is this redundant or what. I LOVE FOOD. THat is what got me here to begin with.

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? He gets scared when I go shopping now. LOL!!!

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? Breath!!!!!! Walk!!!!! LIVE!!!!!

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? KOI

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? IRELAND

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Pay off all my families bills first, set up trust funds for all my grandkids (6), then go on a month long trip.

13. What are your favorite books to read? Romance, murder mysteries, medical mysteries

14. What is your favorite TV program? ER, HOUSE, What not to Wear, While you were out, SURVIVOR, IDOL, Apprentice, Trading Spaces

I had to go to lunch, and run errands for the boss!

1. What is your first name? Betty

2. How long have you been banded? 6 months

3. How much weight have you lost? 56 pounds

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? Mexican - pizza - Crawfish

5. What is your favorite food now? Mexican still but eat it different and crawfish

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? I don't do bread, rice, or as many potatoes but only because I choose not to.

7. What is your favorite snack food? Apples/Popcorn and Ice cream when I can work it in!

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? No, but I catch him looking at me and smiling more.

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? Walk as much as I want, climb stairs w/o feeling like I need oxygen, bend over and tie my shoes, just be a normal person.

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? I have fish in a pond outside the front door

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? I have always wanted to go to Hawaii

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Pay off all my bills so I could quit work, help the rest of the family with their bills.

13. What are your favorite books to read? Health books, romance novels.

14. What is your favorite TV program? ER and CSI

1. What is your first name? Heather

2. How long have you been banded? 6 weeks, tomorrow

3. How much weight have you lost?14lbs

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding?fajita's

5. What is your favorite food now? baked potatoes

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat?bread

7. What is your favorite snack food?cracker barrel cheddar pretzels

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? not a bit

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? exercise alot

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? a cat (SIMON) and a dog (BO)

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? Tuscany or the grecian Isles

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Pay off all my bills, buy a big ass house, and take care of my mom and grandparents so that they would never have to worry about anything.

13. What are your favorite books to read? vampire romances (I have this kinky neck biting thing LOL)

14. What is your favorite TV program? Carnivale, What not to wear, trading spaces

1. What is your first name? Kelly

2. How long have you been banded? Nov. 8th, 2004

3. How much weight have you lost? 31 lbs

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? pizza

5. What is your favorite food now? Chinese Food (Healthy version)

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? No

7. What is your favorite snack food? Cucumbers with reduced fat Tomato & Basil snack dip

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? No

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? Get down and play with Dylan on the floor for a greater length of time, bend down and touch my toes without great strain/effort, fit comfortably into booths at restaurants, greater desire to keep my house clean, desire to strive for more in life, run up the stairs without feeling winded.

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? No. I wish we still had our precious doggy Enrique. I loved him so much.

11. What would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? Probably to Scotland/Ireland to meet some of my distant relatives. (That's my selfish answer) To Mozambique area of Africa to distribute clothing, food, and love to those who so desperately need it. (That's my unselfish answer)

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Pay off my existing bills

13. What are your favorite books to read? Books that enhance and uplift my spirit

14. What is your favorite TV program? It's a tie between Stargate SG-1 and Joan of Arcadia

1. What is your first name? Jackie

2. How long have you been banded? 12 days

3. How much weight have you lost? 6.5 pounds

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? mcdonalds quarter pounders

5. What is your favorite food now? baked potatoes

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? nope.. not yet

7. What is your favorite snack food? baked lays

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? looking to find a significant other at this point.. tired of being lonely.

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? hmm.. too early yet to know.. i would like it to be that i sweat less and i dont get winded.

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? 2 dogs, a cocker spaniel and a teacup yorkie

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? a cruise around the world

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? pay off my student loans and buy a home

13. What are your favorite books to read? biographies

14. What is your favorite TV program? the amazing race

1. What is your first name? Oh, guess.

2. How long have you been banded? Eight months.

3. How much weight have you lost? 60 lbs.

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? Deep-dish pizza.

5. What is your favorite food now? chocolate ice cream.

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? Dry white chicken and, alas, most beef.

7. What is your favorite snack food? Guacamole & chips.

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? She still wags her tail when she sees me, and is happy to get more leftovers on the floor.

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? Walk a few miles without getting winded; fit into airplane and theater seats comfortably. And my blood pressure is almost normal now.

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? Big crazy black Lab mix. See #8.

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? I've been lucky & travelled a lot when I was younger. Now I'd love to travel the whole length of Chile, and see Peru, Ecuador, Easter Island, & the Galapagos.

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? "Call in rich" at work the next morning!

13. What are your favorite books to read? Literary fiction

14. What is your favorite TV program? Deadwood. Also love What Not to Wear (BBC version), Sopranos, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

1. What is your first name? Paula

2. How long have you been banded?almost 10 months

3. How much weight have you lost? 52lbs

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding?hot buttered rolls

5. What is your favorite food now? nachos

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? soft tortillas & anything really spicy

7. What is your favorite snack food? popcorn

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded?dont think so.

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? cant think of any

10. Do you have any pets? What kind?1 bad dog & 1 huge cat

11. What would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? some place tropical

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? fix the bell system at our church

13. What are your favorite books to read? spiritual books & books on the lives of the saints - hoping that they will help me be a better mother and wife. Funny thing, none of the saints had a computer. hmmmm

14. What is your favorite TV program? American Idol & home improvement shows

1. What is your first name? Karen

2. How long have you been banded? Since 12/10/04

3. How much weight have you lost? 41 lbs.

4. What was your favorite food pre-banding? Ice Cream

5. What is your favorite food now? Ice Cream

6. Are there any foods you can't or don't eat? bread, most baked goods.

7. What is your favorite snack food? Apples or crackers w/peanut butter. I have to admit, after a fill I have a Carvel milk shake (ice cream again.)

8. Has your SO changed towards you in any way since you were banded? He's just so complimentary. He notices me a lot more now.

9. What are some of the things you can do now that you couldn't do before? Cross my legs. walk a flight of stairs.

10. Do you have any pets? What kind? 2 dogs (Westie, 7; Golden Retriever, 1.5; Tabby Cat, 11

11. Wht would your dream vacation be if you could go anywhere you wanted? Around the world, with special emphasis on Italy, Spain, the South Pacific & Elat, Israel.

12. If you won a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Pay off all my debts, either remodel or buy a bigger house in same community.

13. What are your favorite books to read? Mystries, Detective Novels.

14. What is your favorite TV program? The Amazing Race, Law & Order, Monk.

What a fun thread!