Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oops - has anyone else done this?

I'm feeling a little guilty myself! I didn't have a problem with the pre-surgery diet either, but because I'm not a big Soup eater this has become tough. I had my surgery on 5/21 also and I'm looking for something to actually crunch on. I'm not that hungry, but just need a different texture in my mouth. That's the only reason I've cheated so far. Not sure what else I can do...other than try again tomorrow....

Lanejane - did you have your appointment today? I am curious as to our next steps. My appointment is Wednesday? How did you do over the weekend? I did good. Can't wait to get out of this stage.

I am 11 days post-op. Today I had lunch with a friend and ended up having onion Soup (no cheese or croutons) 3 small breadsticks and a COOKIE! My doctor wants us on 4 supplements a day for 2 weeks post-op. That consists of drinks, jell-o pudding and Water. Has anyone else done this and did I mess anything up? I feel ok, no pain but full but not uncomfortable. :lol:

you didn't mess anything up, but try to stay away from bread and Cookies. inevitably, you will get more fill in--and that stuff will get STUCK--you'll see!!

good luck,

:biggrin2:

Lanejane - did you have your appointment today? I am curious as to our next steps. My appointment is Wednesday? How did you do over the weekend? I did good. Can't wait to get out of this stage.

I'll be honest. I didn't do as well as I wanted to. However, I did back off a lot and made 90% of what I took in liquids. I'm a bit disapointed because I only lost 4 pounds since surgery but as Doc. Foote reminded me, I didn't exactly stick to the diet :smile2:. Anyhoo, the appointment wasn't so bad and I didn't get yelled at too bad. I was thinking after these two weeks, life would return to normal but there's a new diet and yet another diet 2 weeks from now. But luckily this diet includes lots of things like pudding, yogurt, mashed potatoes, even yams, oatmeal and and some veggies. It's still a pretty limited amount of food but if you're creative you can make some good things. Dr. Foote told me I wouldn't feel much restriction until my first fill. Until then I'm determined to stick to this new plan. It should be much easier. I tried, really I did but I just could not get with the liquid thing. Let me know if you plan on going to any support groups. Good luck and keep up the good work. :lol:

Lanejane - 4lbs is better than nothing. The liquida stage for that long is hard. I had trouble to. That is a great accomplishment. I am glad to hear we can have more stuff. So, I take it after these 2 weeks we can start "normal" food? Those drink mixes I have been making thick over these past 2 weeks. I hope that was ok. I hope I lost something also. I have a scale at home that varies 4 lbs. I can't stand that!! I do want to go to one of the support group meetings. I was thinking about one in June - not the 5th but the next one.

Did your doctor's not tell you beforehand what your diet stages would be and why you were to follow them?

They touched on the stages. I like to be prepared ahead of time. Like what kind of foods so I am not running to the store that same day. I know the stages are for healing but I guess I question why some are on liquids for 2 weeks and other for days. I know every doctor is different and we should listen to our own doctors but it just makes me curious.

Would you like me to type up and email you the stages? Did you go to a 6 month lifestyle meeting or meetings with your nutritionist? You're right...it's very important to know what is expected of you...I feel like I have been groomed for the last seven months to follow the diet that I am on. I had all of my food purchased and diets planned prior to my surgery because of my Dr. and nutritionisht. If you want the stages and the example diets that they Dr. gave me let me know.

Would you like me to type up and email you the stages? Did you go to a 6 month lifestyle meeting or meetings with your nutritionist? You're right...it's very important to know what is expected of you...I feel like I have been groomed for the last seven months to follow the diet that I am on. I had all of my food purchased and diets planned prior to my surgery because of my Dr. and nutritionisht. If you want the stages and the example diets that they Dr. gave me let me know.

Yes - I would love that. Thank you very much! I just like to know what is expected and why. I know why but need that sense of being told again. I did not go to any 6 month lifestyle meeting. I had one appointment with the nutritionist and that was to explain the liquid stage. Thank you again!!!!! My email is AmyJoy510@aol.com or if you post it here that is fine also. Like I said before, for me knowing ahead of time helps and will help in my success.

could you send me the list as well for your post op diet and after you get your fill. Here is my e-mail- cookielovebrown@yahoo.com

Thank you

Gloria

You guys, it's such a horrible idea to post your email on a public message board. Please PM them to each other.

My doctor gave me a list the week before surgery.

You guys, it's such a horrible idea to post your email on a public message board. Please PM them to each other.

My doctor gave me a list the week before surgery.

I didn't even think of that. If anyone else wants a copy just PM me you email addy. I will finish up typing this evening.

L