Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Y'all,

I'm new to this forum, so I wanted to say HI! to all of you fellow bandies. My wife and I got banded on April 4, 2008. Surgery was a piece of cake. I didn't even need pain meds. Got my first fill on May 14 and second fill May 28. I'm having difficulties right now. Can't keep anything down, not even Water. Vomiting 2 or 3 times an hour. No sleep. But I called the doc, so I'm sure he will fix it for me.

Anyways, we were the first and second LB surgeries at Baylor in Grapevine, TX. Our doc is Dr. Randall Wright. We have a lot of confidence in him, despite my present difficulties.

I think this forum is a good thing. I've learned a lot in a short time. Thanks for sharing, everybody. It helps a lot.

Good luck to all!

Welcome!! Glad you could join us! Congrats on getting your band and starting your new life! :thumbup:

I'm not banded yet but hope to join the ranks soon.

As far as your recent problems, it sounds like you might have too much fill. Your surgeon will probably want to unfill you a little. Hopefully you can get in to see him ASAP. Best wishes!

So, I noticed that most people are posting their pre and post op weights. Here are mine. Jan 28, 2008 I weighed 251 lbs. Day of surgery was April 4 and I weighed 242. Today, partially because of "purge" for colonoscopy, I weigh 216. Three days ago, however, I weighed 226. The Water weight will probably return, at least partially.

Posted in LBT format: 242/216/160

Welcome!!! I am not banded yet but find this site to be one of the best resources available on the net; I hope you do to.

Thats pretty neat that both you and your wife got banded together. Aaah it's the ties that bind us together...or something like that. Anyways I think it's cool. :thumbup:

Deb

Thanks for the welcome, heartfire. I'll bet you're anxious to join the club! I was too, but I'm glad they make you jump through all the hoops first. It made me kinda come down to earth and start to grasp the reality of being banded, versus only seeing the weight loss.

Anyway, the doc told me to suck it up and wait a day. I did, and things are much better now. I can hold down liquids and limited mushies, so the swelling must be subsiding. Thanks for your concern and advice, though. I appreciate you.

TTYL

Hi, Progressive! My husband and I also were banded the same day, back in October. It makes it so much easier that the two of us are headed in the same direction. Plus, when we go out to dinner we are cheap dates!

Thanks, Deb. I'm glad to see people coming here before getting banded. I wish I had. There is so much to know. You're giving yourself a big head start.

My wife and I found it really convenient to do this together. We went to all the appointments and prescreenings together. We didn't get to share a hospital room, though, because all they had were private rooms. So, I just hung out in her room until bedtime. We had a lot of fun walking around the ward together and joking with the hospital people.

This has been a really positive experience, in spite of the minor inconveniences. I'm glad we did it, and I look forward to being skinny!

TTYL

Hi Snowbird,

Cheap dates! Way to go. Do y'all share one meal when you go out to eat? We don't, but we should. We enjoy having leftovers for days afterward.

Good to hear that another couple got banded together. There was another couple who got banded the same day as we did. I hope we're starting a trend here.

I was banded 3-24-08 - mine too was an easy surgery and recovery - I have been doing pretty good - one fill - but I will say hunger has been coming on here lately like crazy in the last week. I go back to the doctor for another fill on 6-4-08. My hubby had gastric bypass last August and has done very well - 110 lbs lost and looks great. We are very supportive to each other and the best - when we go out to eat, we both always order from the child's menu - very cheap!! BTW, my hubby's doctor was Dr. Kuhn (sp?) with Baylor Medical. My surgery was in Waco. Mine is coming off slow - but I am ok with that!

Hi Karen,

Good to hear from you. I'm especially glad to hear from someone who's had the banding around the same time as my wife and I. She is losing slowly, also. She doesn't want to lose quickly because of the excess skin issue.

Your husband -- wow! 110 lbs. since August is awesome! Do you sometimes feel like you're living with a stranger?

Re: ordering from the child's menu. My wife always threatens to make me order from it if I don't act more mature. Now, I guess I can -- regardless of how I act.

I hope you'll keep me updated on how y'all are doing.

TTYL

I can't wait until I have my band! I still have 5 months of my supervised diet then I can join band land/band camp! :w00t:

Hi froggi,

Sounds like you're really, really ready for a band. I bet the five months goes pretty fast for you, at least I hope it does.

Good to meet you. Let me know how it all goes, ok?

Hi froggi,

Sounds like you're really, really ready for a band. I bet the five months goes pretty fast for you, at least I hope it does.

Good to meet you. Let me know how it all goes, ok?

I'm so ready to have it done, I've been looking up stuff for it forever. The first month went fast I hope the rest goes fast. I'll be sure to let you know how things are going as I do everyone.:smile:

On Wednesday the 4th I will find out how much more weight I have lost on this diet. I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited.:(