Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Beauty tip for the day...

Since losing weight, I have these "fat pockets" under my eyes and I detest them. It's like they were stretched out from the fat for so long that they will never go away. Kind of like the bat wing thing. They aren't like drooping but enough that it makes me look tired or like I have been crying.

I'm not one to fuss with myself (not a girly-girl) and if I cannot do my hair and makeup in 2.5 minutes, I'm teed. I saw an add in a magazine for this Olay eye roller thingy. Thought it would be worth a try. IT WORKS! It's just a tube called Olay Regenerist in the makeup aisle. You click it once and roll on the cream (very little amount) and roll for 30 seconds on each baggy. Did I say IT WORKS???? I'm all excited and though I would share my find.

Spendy...$18.99, but, IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Beauty tip for the day...

Since losing weight, I have these "fat pockets" under my eyes and I detest them. It's like they were stretched out from the fat for so long that they will never go away. Kind of like the bat wing thing. They aren't like drooping but enough that it makes me look tired or like I have been crying.

I'm not one to fuss with myself (not a girly-girl) and if I cannot do my hair and makeup in 2.5 minutes, I'm teed. I saw an add in a magazine for this Olay eye roller thingy. Thought it would be worth a try. IT WORKS! It's just a tube called Olay Regenerist in the makeup aisle. You click it once and roll on the cream (very little amount) and roll for 30 seconds on each baggy. Did I say IT WORKS???? I'm all excited and though I would share my find.

Spendy...$18.99, but, IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Awesome! I love Oil of Olay anything. My cousin has used oil of olay all her life and she is nearly 70.....her face is so smooth.....looks like a baby's. I started using it a few years ago....love it! I will try the eye thing because my friends have had their bags removed and it is painful. Give me Oil of Olay any day!

Back from the knee doc and I am doing fantastic he says. The right knee is progressing way faster than the left. When I mentioned flying to Isreal next month we spent the rest of the appt talking about Isreal, he was there last week and his daughter goes to school there. He advised me to where my compression stockings on the plane to be safe but that I was good to go, and he'll see me when I get back in 6 weeks. It's okay to take pain pills as needed that some folks take them up to 2 to 3 mos after surgery.

Linda, here's a wild idea, why don't you go get trained to be that Zumba instructor and offer the class yourself? You'd be forced to workout and maybe make a few bucks at it yourself.

Apples, love Oil of Olay, it's my back up when I run out of my favorite stuff from QVC, Dr Denese. i got hooked on her stuff when I worked there and it was amazing but it gets pricey without my discount now. What bags under your eyess, by the way, I never saw any.

Laura, hope Nelson's thumb is okay. OUCH!! Poor baby.

Back from the knee doc and I am doing fantastic he says. The right knee is progressing way faster than the left. When I mentioned flying to Isreal next month we spent the rest of the appt talking about Isreal, he was there last week and his daughter goes to school there. He advised me to where my compression stockings on the plane to be safe but that I was good to go, and he'll see me when I get back in 6 weeks. It's okay to take pain pills as needed that some folks take them up to 2 to 3 mos after surgery.

Linda, here's a wild idea, why don't you go get trained to be that Zumba instructor and offer the class yourself? You'd be forced to workout and maybe make a few bucks at it yourself.

Apples, love Oil of Olay, it's my back up when I run out of my favorite stuff from QVC, Dr Denese. i got hooked on her stuff when I worked there and it was amazing but it gets pricey without my discount now. What bags under your eyess, by the way, I never saw any.

Laura, hope Nelson's thumb is okay. OUCH!! Poor baby.

OK....I don't see a mention of you talking to you doc about your FL fight???????????

Well I think I will throw in my hat and say I am coming to FL!! Only hitch will be if the flights are full and I don't get my (free) standby but I should be okay the flights look good now. So now I need to know about rides etc. I am very excited. And the other hitch I was worried about, that is coming to FL and feeling obligated to go to my parents then, well I just got an email today and they will be on a cruise. I am very excited!! Save me a lounge chair Apples!

Well I think I will throw in my hat and say I am coming to FL!! Only hitch will be if the flights are full and I don't get my (free) standby but I should be okay the flights look good now. So now I need to know about rides etc. I am very excited. And the other hitch I was worried about, that is coming to FL and feeling obligated to go to my parents then, well I just got an email today and they will be on a cruise. I am very excited!! Save me a lounge chair Apples!

Have been visiting with Laura on the airport pickups. She is going to be there with Nelson. Julie gets in at 2:18, Eva and Janet at 4:05. If needed, I will be there. Otherwise I plan on getting to the condos, checking in and unloading groceries, Water, etc. I plan on picking up some necessities along the way to Orlando. So, if there is something special someone wants from the supermarket let me know. I will bring popcorn, soy Snacks, deli meat, some shrimp, fruit and veggies and water.

Just let us know your flight schedule and we can see to it that you are picked up. Happy to hear you made your decision to come!:)

WOOHOO!! SAve that couch for me! I will check my flight options and let you know. I was actually thinking of taking the all nighter to ATL where I have to switch flights, in that case I'd get in in the mid morning but I could sit and wait at the airport til 2.

I truly am eating less than I used to. I do not eat the massive amounts I used to, but I am not making wise food choices and I know it needs to stop. I'm writing this just so you know where I'm at. I'm going to Tijuana for a fill on Saturday and I'm really hoping this tweak will get me to that place where I can't get another bite down. I know I still will need to work on the head issues, but if I can't eat as fast or as much as I can now, maybe I will get that reprieve from my addiction long enough to get some more weight off.

So you're driving over to Tijuana? Are you doing it all in one day? Wondered if you thought about stopping in PS.

Still raining here! Didn't think we'd have Water aerobics this morning, so decided to join the DVD walkers for a while. Did 30 minutes of that and then 15 minutes on the stationary bike. THEN I saw a couple of the water aerobics gals going to the pool with the CD player!! They set it up under cover so it wouldn't get wet. So, decided to go to that, too! So I got in a lot of exercise this morning. Had to take off my glasses because it was raining so hard I couldn't see, and my hair got soaking wet! But it was fun. And then we went and sat in one of the hot tubs in the rain!

7_3_204.gif

Oh what a beautiful day! 80 and sunny.....I walked twice today......this is a pain free day! woohoo!

Okay, I am trying not to turn green over all of you going to Florida. Just make it a warm place next year too.

Hi everybody..... this is going to be one of those fly by posts some of you call them... I've had Mimi since about 6:30 this morning... She is sick....poor little thing... with a bad head cold..... sneezing almost constantly...........runny nose.... watery eyes.......Her cheeks are so red and her nose.... DD asked us to get her to the doc this morning.... We did........ got medicine for the cold and the infected ears... She just had that and they must not have cleared up all the way before.... Anyway, I spent my whole day holding or caring for her.. No playing today... She just wanted to watch Little Bear...... Now I'm tired and have to get supper and get a few things done before doing it again tomorrow....

This is such a great site and you all have been so full of wisdoms and information... Won't it be great to sit in the same room and talk........ 3 weeks from today.. Wish everyone could come.... Glad you are making it now, Lori....Anyway, you all take care... I'll be back when I can...... Julie

Thanks Apples, I appreciate your nice comments. Lori, what a great idea -- I'll have to see about where to train as a Zumba instructor. Probably not anywhere close by though. I'm so terribly jealous I can't come to Florida too - so sad, but glad you will all be making it. Hopefully next year will be a much better year for those of us not making it this year.

Hugs to Mimi -- hope she feels better soon. CBL. Linda

Evening everyone,

Linda, I meant to comment on your ice pictures....oh my, that would be very ugly to drive in. I'm glad you haven't gone back to work yet. Hopefully it will have thawed a bit before next week. I like that idea of you becoming the Zumba master...what do you think?

Apples, good thing you are planning to plant your backside in the lounge chair, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep up with you....so much stuff going on.

Melissa....the timing is just not so good for me. I'll be in San Diego Saturday, but have my fill appointment and then have to catch a plane home. Otherwise, I would think about it, hey, but aren't you meeting us in FL anyway?

Phyl, I'm not driving to San Diego, DH and I are flying. Arrive in the morning and leave in the evening. It's about 7 - 7 1/2 hour drive from here, so it would be really hard to do all of that in one day. When do you head back up north? I might be back to PS sometime before you go.

Jodi, I have friends that use the CPAP and love it...they sleep very well with theirs. It's nice your daughter has other outlets than sitting in front of a TV or computer. I bet it's tough on you, but I'm sure she'll appreciate what you are doing for her.

Deb, that a great idea about the library and the Beck book...I'm going to check mine after I get off here. Glad to hear you are on the mend...at least you know what to do to take care of yourself. 40 mins on the elliptical is great...good for you. Thanks for the well wishes.

Laura K...that would be me...not moving the same as the other people...I do not have the dance gene. I love to dance, but do terrible at coordinated specific steps kind of dancing. You should have seem me at my wedding. I was pretty embarrassed to be out the dancing alone with DH.

Lori...I'm hoping that working on my stomach will help my back in the long run. It's just going to take some time. Where do your parents live? You could always come to Florida and use the excuse you didn't have transportation. It's better that they are going to be gone then you don't have to do that. That reminds we, I'm going to have to contact my brother and firm up some plans with him.

Arlene...we are going to miss you in FL. Glad you finally got out today and you have having nice weather. Are you in line to get this storm that's over CA & AZ? Hold on to your hairdo if you are 'cause it's windy....very windy.

Julie, sorry to hear Mimi is sick again. Seems like she's not getting rid of the darn cold. Yep, it will be nice to talk face to face, then you really find out the good stuff.

Janet, did you get your fill? How are you doing? How's Angel? How are those arms?

Well I'm doing better today. food was better (not perfect) but better and I'm feeling the good sore of muscles being worked out not the "my hips and back are bothering me" sore.

Work is still incredibly busy. We had a little meeting about the expectation for the next 2 weeks....he (da boss) wants everything done and submitted by Feb. 4th. Yeah, like that's going to happen. I'll just keep plugging away at it and get done what I can. I did get 1 permit request submitted...just have 9 more to go. I also turned in all 3 jobs that needed to be done by tomorrow. So there was some progress. I have this HUGE developement going in which has a costco and a bunch of other stores. I have to do a conduit job for them and I've never done one before, so this will be interesting. One good thing is their plans are in AutoCad, so I'm designing it on top (layer) of their stuff. Makes it a lot easier especially now that I'm becoming a little more functional with that program. Sorry, am I boring you with work stuff? I get excited when I learn something new and every week I learn another thing in Auto Cad and I like it.

Off to check the library site.

Eva

I just reserved the Beck book from the library. This might be interesting.

ee

Did I ever mention I love my library.....