Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Meredith, I too have been thinking positive thoughts all day to you as well, I'm sure you're in your room by now and feeling sleepy from all the pain meds. Laura, that was a nasty fall Nelson had, glad to hear he's doing okay now. Julie, your poor GD -- gosh what a terrible bite that must have been. My own little GD is having a tough time right now too. About a month ago she broke out on a rash on her cheeks (face) which to me looks like rosasia (sp?). She finally got a referral to a dermatologist who ordered blood work, so yesterday she had 4 vials of blood drawn -- she was so brave -- she's only 2-1/2 it was torture for us to have to see that, but she did so well. They are talking it might also be a form of Lupus as well (I certainly hope not), but whatever it is seems to be aggrivated by the heat/sun. So I just hope its a virus she picked up at the public pool and not something more major and especially not lupus. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Janet I was so shocked at Michael Jackson's death -- I'm very concerned about his young children - didn't Debbie Rowe give up her parental rights? I wonder who will raise them. Why do these icons all die so young, I wonder? It makes me feel lucky to still be alive. Linda

Good Morning Gang.

Had to watch the Michael Jackson coverage last night - I grew up on the Jackson 5 - off the wall album was in my disco days - In high school we had little dance routines to his song.

Meredith

Prayers Safe surgery & speed recovery - Hugs GF xoxo Janet

Charlene

Ya I though lupus was a girl issue - show's what I know :0)

Hope they get it all cleared up soon..

Well everyone I got tons to do - next week a short week we have the 3rd off - Im going to visit DS and taking the 6th off too - so I won't be back until the 7th of July,..

Will cbl - Hugs to all - Janet

Yeah, Janet, Lupus is a mostly girl issue, but his mother had Lupus and Leukemia. So, he is just checking for that.....and rheumatoid arthritis. I still feel like it is just an anitbody issue and can be fixed.

Girl, I get a fill on Monday and I hope they will give me back the .5cc they took out in April. I don't have any restriction. I don't want to start gaining weight.

Y'all have a great weekend!

Meredith~ I hope you are resting well. I am send much love and support you way. Congrats!!!

Meredith, I too have been thinking positive thoughts all day to you as well, I'm sure you're in your room by now and feeling sleepy from all the pain meds. Laura, that was a nasty fall Nelson had, glad to hear he's doing okay now. Julie, your poor GD -- gosh what a terrible bite that must have been. My own little GD is having a tough time right now too. About a month ago she broke out on a rash on her cheeks (face) which to me looks like rosasia (sp?). She finally got a referral to a dermatologist who ordered blood work, so yesterday she had 4 vials of blood drawn -- she was so brave -- she's only 2-1/2 it was torture for us to have to see that, but she did so well. They are talking it might also be a form of Lupus as well (I certainly hope not), but whatever it is seems to be aggrivated by the heat/sun. So I just hope its a virus she picked up at the public pool and not something more major and especially not lupus. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Janet I was so shocked at Michael Jackson's death -- I'm very concerned about his young children - didn't Debbie Rowe give up her parental rights? I wonder who will raise them. Why do these icons all die so young, I wonder? It makes me feel lucky to still be alive. Linda

Linda - it will all depend if he has a will - trust etc and if she gave up all rights - you would think he would - but who knows - I think legally the mom of the kids would get them.... I would hate to see the kids separated though and I wonder if anyone know's who the 3 baby's mom is - well I guess she knows :0)

This is going to be just like Anna Nicole Smith... I watched last night - but after a few days will get sick of them repeating the same stuff over and over and over again..

Charlene - Good luck on that fill - even .2 can help ..

Meredith - Hope you are doing well - hope they are giving you good drugs :0)...

1 Day - what's up girl how's it going

Laura - will look for you on fb :0) Ive been playing mindless quizzes - and some pathwords tonite...

Yeah, Janet, Lupus is a mostly girl issue, but his mother had Lupus and Leukemia. So, he is just checking for that.....and rheumatoid arthritis. I still feel like it is just an anitbody issue and can be fixed.

Girl, I get a fill on Monday and I hope they will give me back the .5cc they took out in April. I don't have any restriction. I don't want to start gaining weight.

Y'all have a great weekend!

Meredith~ I hope you are resting well. I am send much love and support you way. Congrats!!!

Good Morning All !!! Boy !! You guys have been busy !! It takes me forever to catch up on whats been going on ! But I do love reading your posts!! Meredith, Congratulations, on your new life and your new journey !!! This is truly an amazing tool and we WILL be successful on getting our new life !!! I am really enjoying my new life and am looking forward to the rest of it !! I did my wkly weigh in Friday and stayed the same and I'm o.k. with that ! I'm still enjoying my "new" old cloths !! We have several used clothing shops around here, I'm certainly going to have to go looking for something to wear, cause I'm between sizes now, and I really don't want to pay a lot of $$ for something I'm not going to wear for very long !! I go to the Dr. Thursday for my 2nd fill, hope I get some restriction !! I'm going to think positive ! See you guys later !!!!

1 Day - what's up girl how's it going

Hey girl I am doing well. A little nervous with my 1 year coming up. I went shopping for clothes yesterday and could not really find anything I liked in pants. I did try on a size 14 womans dress and was shock it fit. But I can were 16 -18 in shorts and pants. I am not complaining I will take it. I still have the sweet thing happening but I am slowly working on that. I went to see my tranier and his scale which is like the Doctorrs said 226 but my scale said 230 so I don't i know which is right. But I took the smaller number lol. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for checking on me. :)

My own little GD is having a tough time right now too. About a month ago she broke out on a rash on her cheeks (face) which to me looks like rosasia (sp?). She finally got a referral to a dermatologist who ordered blood work, so yesterday she had 4 vials of blood drawn -- she was so brave -- she's only 2-1/2 it was torture for us to have to see that, but she did so well. They are talking it might also be a form of Lupus as well (I certainly hope not), but whatever it is seems to be aggrivated by the heat/sun. So I just hope its a virus she picked up at the public pool and not something more major and especially not lupus. Linda

Linda~ Hope your GD is ok. It's so scary when kids have strange rashes. So often it is a "viral exanthem" or a skin outbreak caused by a virus. It's impossible sometimes to tell the difference. It's good that they are checking to rule out the more serious causes. It will give you peace of mind if nothing else. I always think it hurts more for the family to see the blood drawn, than how the kid feels. <hug> Thinking of you.

I'm still enjoying my "new" old cloths !! We have several used clothing shops around here, I'm certainly going to have to go looking for something to wear, cause I'm between sizes now, and I really don't want to pay a lot of $$ for something I'm not going to wear for very long !! I go to the Dr. Thursday for my 2nd fill, hope I get some restriction !! I'm going to think positive ! See you guys later !!!!

Doodlebug~ Congrats on your new old clothes and your positive outlook- even with staying the same. The last two weeks I have been on a plateau and it drove me nuts. I lost the least amount of weight this past month than any of my others. This too shall pass! Good luck with your next fill!!! Let us know how it goes!

Janet~ Got your FB request. You look absolutely STUNNING in your photos! I love all the fun things you have been doing with your new health and energy. I have said this before and I will say it again... Thanks for being here (and the others too) for us. This is by far the best thread on LBT! And I think it is paying it forward in ways you have no idea of. Sometimes I will pass tid bits of wisdom on to others or to my sis... and it will help her and maybe someone in her support group. Just amazing. For all you successful bandsters, in case we haven't told you lately.. thanks and we are so proud of you guys!

CNN Sanjay Gupta talk about WLS~ Dr. Gupta was talking about the new "transoral gastroplasty" (TOGA) which is still in trials. Basically they are going through the mouth and stapling the stomach. (similar to the vertical sleeve but no incision sites). He states this morning on CNN that initial results are better than the gastric band. Hmmmm... I would love to see the LONG term studies of this.

Could a stapler down your throat fight fat? – Paging Dr. Gupta - CNN.com Blogs

OK guys~ off to spend this beautiful day with my family. The grams are only in town until tomorrow morning. : ( Hope everyone is doing great! Meredith... we are thinking about ya!

Laura

PS Finally down 2 lbs after a plateau for two weeks!

Laura, thanks so much for your concern and the hug about my GD, I do hope you're right about it being a virus. That's my gut feeling too, but the dermatologist scared me a bit. Hopefully, it's something easily fixed. 1Day congratulations on your size 14 dress - isn't it great to try on clothes in a smaller size than you imagine you'll fit in and have them fit? When I hang up my new size 16 pants I look at them and think of "how tiny" they look to me. I suppose in a few months I'll think, "how big they look". LOL. Meredith, hope you're walking a lot and getting rid of the gas. Thinking of you and sending love and healing thoughts your way. Doodlebug, you're doing so well, congratulations on your success. I've been at a plateau for a month -- I didn't realize it until I checked my weight loss record this morning, but i've only lost 4 pounds the entire month of June! That's just 1 pound per week. This is the longest plateau period I've had and it's a struggle getting through it cause I work so hard to try to lose those 2 lbs. per week. But, I'm not complaining cause I've lost so much, but still, I wish the scale would start moving at 2 lbs. per week again. I'm very careful with my calories and exercise 2 hours per day 7 days a week. I don't think there's anything more I can possibly do. I constantly change up my exercise routine and intensity levels, I change up my calorie intake (some days less some days more), I log all my calories and exercise. I know we have to just accept that our bodies are only going to lose what it wants to lose when it wants to lose it, no matter what we do, so we just have to always stay positive and "keep on keeping on" (I think Joann coined that term). Well, I will close. I bet Long is halfway up those stairs by now. Linda

Linda...So sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Is it better or about the same? When did you say the results will be in?

Meridith, hope you are feeling ok and no complications. I love my band so much, I couldn't have lost this weight without it.

Charlene, when will hubbys results be in? Keeping you both in my prayers...all of you guys are in my prayers. You lapband buddies mean so much to me

Peas...I know you're having so much fun with your parents visiting. Anxious to hear everything you all did.

Joann, Lori, anxious to hear about your camping trip. Hope to see pics on Facebook.< /span>

Well..going to visit 2 goodwill stores today. Sure hope I can find something since I am down another size and closests are getting empty.

Have a great day everyone !!!!

Hugssssss

My own little GD is having a tough time right now too. About a month ago she broke out on a rash on her cheeks (face) which to me looks like rosasia (sp?). She finally got a referral to a dermatologist who ordered blood work, so yesterday she had 4 vials of blood drawn -- she was so brave -- she's only 2-1/2 it was torture for us to have to see that, but she did so well. They are talking it might also be a form of Lupus as well (I certainly hope not), but whatever it is seems to be aggrivated by the heat/sun. So I just hope its a virus she picked up at the public pool and not something more major and especially not lupus. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Linda - Babies can get lupus OMG prayers it's just the sun.

Good Morning All !!! Boy !! You guys have been busy !! It takes me forever to catch up on whats been going on ! But I do love reading your posts!! Meredith, Congratulations, on your new life and your new journey !!! This is truly an amazing tool and we WILL be successful on getting our new life !!! I am really enjoying my new life and am looking forward to the rest of it !! I did my wkly weigh in Friday and stayed the same and I'm o.k. with that ! I'm still enjoying my "new" old cloths !! We have several used clothing shops around here, I'm certainly going to have to go looking for something to wear, cause I'm between sizes now, and I really don't want to pay a lot of $$ for something I'm not going to wear for very long !! I go to the Dr. Thursday for my 2nd fill, hope I get some restriction !! I'm going to think positive ! See you guys later !!!!

Doodle - Yes don't spend $$ I did - thinking 12's were it then 10 so on an so forth - Hopefully you will get to your sweet spot in this next fill..

Hey girl I am doing well. A little nervous with my 1 year coming up. I went shopping for clothes yesterday and could not really find anything I liked in pants. I did try on a size 14 womans dress and was shock it fit. But I can were 16 -18 in shorts and pants. I am not complaining I will take it. I still have the sweet thing happening but I am slowly working on that. I went to see my tranier and his scale which is like the Doctorrs said 226 but my scale said 230 so I don't i know which is right. But I took the smaller number lol. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for checking on me. :)

Ya I hear ya girl on the food issues - I have been wanting mexican - nachos covered in cheese Beans the works - so the other night I had cheriso (sp) and eggs (2) and 1/2 c bean with a tad of cheese and 1 flour tortilla - now my cravings are gone :0)

Heck I alway take what my scale says - period it's lower than everone elses :0)

Janet~ Got your FB request. You look absolutely STUNNING in your photos! I love all the fun things you have been doing with your new health and energy. I have said this before and I will say it again... Thanks for being here (and the others too) for us. This is by far the best thread on LBT! And I think it is paying it forward in ways you have no idea of. Sometimes I will pass tid bits of wisdom on to others or to my sis... and it will help her and maybe someone in her support group. Just amazing. For all you successful bandsters, in case we haven't told you lately.. thanks and we are so proud of you guys!

CNN Sanjay Gupta talk about WLS~ Dr. Gupta was talking about the new "transoral gastroplasty" (TOGA) which is still in trials. Basically they are going through the mouth and stapling the stomach. (similar to the vertical sleeve but no incision sites). He states this morning on CNN that initial results are better than the gastric band. Hmmmm... I would love to see the LONG term studies of this.

Could a stapler down your throat fight fat? – Paging Dr. Gupta - CNN.com Blogs

OK guys~ off to spend this beautiful day with my family. The grams are only in town until tomorrow morning. : ( Hope everyone is doing great! Meredith... we are thinking about ya!

Laura

PS Finally down 2 lbs after a plateau for two weeks!

Laura congrats on your 2 lbs - and thanks for the props...

Have a great time w/you parents & your beatiful little boy.

Laura, thanks so much for your concern and the hug about my GD, I do hope you're right about it being a virus. That's my gut feeling too, but the dermatologist scared me a bit. Hopefully, it's something easily fixed. 1Day congratulations on your size 14 dress - isn't it great to try on clothes in a smaller size than you imagine you'll fit in and have them fit? When I hang up my new size 16 pants I look at them and think of "how tiny" they look to me. I suppose in a few months I'll think, "how big they look". LOL. Meredith, hope you're walking a lot and getting rid of the gas. Thinking of you and sending love and healing thoughts your way. Doodlebug, you're doing so well, congratulations on your success. I've been at a plateau for a month -- I didn't realize it until I checked my weight loss record this morning, but i've only lost 4 pounds the entire month of June! That's just 1 pound per week. This is the longest plateau period I've had and it's a struggle getting through it cause I work so hard to try to lose those 2 lbs. per week. But, I'm not complaining cause I've lost so much, but still, I wish the scale would start moving at 2 lbs. per week again. I'm very careful with my calories and exercise 2 hours per day 7 days a week. I don't think there's anything more I can possibly do. I constantly change up my exercise routine and intensity levels, I change up my calorie intake (some days less some days more), I log all my calories and exercise. I know we have to just accept that our bodies are only going to lose what it wants to lose when it wants to lose it, no matter what we do, so we just have to always stay positive and "keep on keeping on" (I think Joann coined that term). Well, I will close. I bet Long is halfway up those stairs by now. Linda

Linda - GF I am going to kick your butt - 4 lbs in 1 month is good - we are only expected to lose 1 -2 lbs a week - you have done better than average and it the end it all averages out -

Yep I was thinking about Long this morning - Can't wait to see the pics

Linda...So sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Is it better or about the same? When did you say the results will be in?

Meridith, hope you are feeling ok and no complications. I love my band so much, I couldn't have lost this weight without it.

Charlene, when will hubbys results be in? Keeping you both in my prayers...all of you guys are in my prayers. You lapband buddies mean so much to me

Peas...I know you're having so much fun with your parents visiting. Anxious to hear everything you all did.

Joann, Lori, anxious to hear about your camping trip. Hope to see pics on Facebook.< /span>

Well..going to visit 2 goodwill stores today. Sure hope I can find something since I am down another size and closests are getting empty.

Have a great day everyone !!!!

Hugssssss

PJ have fun shopping !!!

Afternoon all,

It's raining here again... We need the moisture, but it has changed my day.. Was done with all my things and wanted to help DH as he was working alone today on DD's new deck.. Thought I could hold boards and use the level... Anyway, we've been rained out twice now.. I'm finally giving up.. He is in the shop cutting boards so if it's fit tomorrow we can finish it up then... I did get a project finished that I have been putting off. Had to draft a proposal for the sale of our farmstead.. What a headache dealing with family and all their different feelings. I know Janet understands this, don't you??!!!... I have 3 brothers and they all have different ideas and argue about it.. The proposed buyer is one brother's son!!!! So there is the rub.... Do you give the nephew a deal and piss off 2 brothers or go with the going price and piss the other one off... and his son and his wife... Anyway, my proposal is ready to mail out.... we'll see how the fur flies!!!!

Going to jump in a nice bath and get cleaned up and then make a light supper. Friends are coming for supper and pinochle... they want to go 4 wheeling tomorrow, but I think it'll be too muddy...

Still no weight loss... I'm starting to think I'll never start losing again... gets me down some days... I'm anxious for Monday and my next fill.. Maybe that'll do the trick... Congrats to all you girls who have listed losses.. It does feel so good to put on something you think won't fit and miraculously, it does!!!!! Enjoy every minute...

Take care all and have a good evening... Julie

I post then hit sumbit and my computer just keeps on reloading the page - wtf is up I have lost 2 post today

I signed out now back in let see if this works.

Mrs Bubba, so sorry that you are having to go through that with your brother. What if you told them, if you all can't come to an agreement you will sell to an outsider? lol. that would make 1 brother really mad, better forget that idea. Hope I never have to go through this with my brothers. My cousin went through that with her sister, and they didn't speak for years, they are very close now.

I went to 2 GoodWill stores today and couldn't find anything I liked. I'm going to spend a couple of days at Moms tomorrow, plan on looking at some over in Ft Worth.

Finally bought me some Calcium pills today. It may be too late. I bought the Citracal calcium citrate with Vitamin D. They are petites, easier to swallow. I just took 2 and they went down with no problems.

Mrs. Bubba forgot to mention to you, hang in there, the weight will come off. I have been there. I lose very slow, but at least I'm losing. I'm at my sweet spot now. Went to Lubys for lunch and I couldnt eat all of my Lu Ann plate. :)

Hi guys~

I am up early this Sunday morning helping my parents get ready for their trip home to NC. They are early risers these days! But also when flying a small plane in Florida, you have to leave before all the rain clouds wake up! So making sandwiches/packing a snack for them. coffee time! Help them load the car.

We had a good time, although it wasn't long enough (never is). I got a baby sitter last night. Nael and I took my parents out to dinner (nice Chinese place) and to a movie. I shared Nael's dinner and a bite of Mom's and I was done! LOL DH joked that I am such a cheap date these days. We saw the Denzel Washingston/John Travolta movie. (pelham 123) It was a bit on the violent side, but ok. It's hard when you need to find a movie that will please the ages and sexes!

What else did we do: Saw some friends, went to the beach (forgot my camera- can you believe it?!), hung out at the house- swimming in the pool, talking, watching Nelson play. We didn't really do anything too exciting. Sometimes just BEING is all you need. : )

They leave and then my sister and her daughter will come Friday! It will be my sister's first time away from home since surgery. It's always nice when that time can be to a "safe" place. : )

Hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there Mrs Bubba and Linda and anyone else who is frustrated! It will happen! You are doing great! Keep chuggin (see my train!!!) LOL

Afternoon all,

It's raining here again... We need the moisture, but it has changed my day.. Was done with all my things and wanted to help DH as he was working alone today on DD's new deck.. Thought I could hold boards and use the level... Anyway, we've been rained out twice now.. I'm finally giving up.. He is in the shop cutting boards so if it's fit tomorrow we can finish it up then... I did get a project finished that I have been putting off. Had to draft a proposal for the sale of our farmstead.. What a headache dealing with family and all their different feelings. I know Janet understands this, don't you??!!!... I have 3 brothers and they all have different ideas and argue about it.. The proposed buyer is one brother's son!!!! So there is the rub.... Do you give the nephew a deal and piss off 2 brothers or go with the going price and piss the other one off... and his son and his wife... Anyway, my proposal is ready to mail out.... we'll see how the fur flies!!!!

Going to jump in a nice bath and get cleaned up and then make a light supper. Friends are coming for supper and pinochle... they want to go 4 wheeling tomorrow, but I think it'll be too muddy...

Still no weight loss... I'm starting to think I'll never start losing again... gets me down some days... I'm anxious for Monday and my next fill.. Maybe that'll do the trick... Congrats to all you girls who have listed losses.. It does feel so good to put on something you think won't fit and miraculously, it does!!!!! Enjoy every minute...

Take care all and have a good evening... Julie

Julie, hang in there! You had a major setback in your health. You body is still healing.