Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey Cathy, nice to hear from you again. I am sure the beginning of your fall semesters are crazy. Just don't forget about us though. Sorry to hear you have to have surgery. I have had friends that have had the same and they said it wasn't bad at all. I hope it's the same for you.

I am going nuts not being able to do much. At least I can cook for the farmers. That gives me SOMETHING to do. I just make sure that if there is any lifting to do, the guys do it b/4 they leave in the morning. Even when I was at my heaviest, I was a very active person. Never one to sit in one place too long. So, looking at things that I can't do are killing me.

Our guards unit (the one my sons were in) got called up to go back to Iraq and will leave in April. I will be heading up the Family Readiness Group along with another person. I was the secretary for the group when my son was in Iraq. This time my son is not going because he is done with his 8yrs and I feel like I need to do more. We got the ball rolling a couple of months ago and cannot wait to get some fund raising things underway. This will be a huge part of my life for the next couple of years. I certainly do not want to see these men leave again but at least we will be able to have our group functioning long b/4 they need to leave. I was pretty much frozen in time the last time around. Now I feel like I will have the capacity to actually function within the group.

You guys don't mind hearing all this, do you? Another thing I will be busy with is a volunteer job at our local hospital. About 15-20 hours a week. (You get calls when people hear that you do not draw a paycheck). I have always volunteered but only a few hours a week. Looking forward to this venture also. Being as I work for the farm, I do not see people on a daily basis and it drives me nuts. Volunteering is good for the soul and good for my sanity. I had my own business for years and when I sold to come home and work with my husband, I missed my clients so much I thought I would die. Now I just do things to get me off the farm and I get to see people again.

I don't know where this long story came from or why I felt I needed to share it but now you all know me a little better. OK?

well, when it rains it pours. I lost my mom this morning. It was expected, but still a blow to the heart. She is not suffering any longer and is with her parents now. I am glad that I got to see her last night and know that she understood that I loved her and my son got to give grandma a kiss good bye which brought a smile to her face for a few seconds last night. I won't be online for the next few days need to take care of a few things and get through the services. See everyone next week.

Gail

Good evening. I just got home from my support group too, BeckyO, it was a good group, lots of changes happening though.

CathyChatts, nice to see you here, good luck with your surgery. My bladder issues seem to have improved with the weightloss though not perfect.

Gail, sorry for the loss of your mom.

Well today was an eventful day. My over repair guy came and to fix it was going to cost between $400 and $500 so I said thanks but no thanks. And I went shopping and the new one will be delivered on Friday. I had a tough time deciding. All my appliances are bisque (not my choice came with the house), I so wanted to get black or stainless but then they wouldn't match. I ended up getting the bisque and it was hard to find as it's not too popular anymore.

Tomorrow my parents arrive who know nothing of my weight loss or surgery. I'm nervous but think I have my head together now and am not going to let her negativity rain on my weight loss success. How can she argue with 70 lbs and no more blood pressure meds?

Hi Everyone!

I have been so crazy lately and have such a hard time finding time to post. I am going to have to read for a month to catch up on this thread.

Janet: I know you are helping so many people! I get the updates in my mail box, and see bits of it from time to time:cool2: We have been so busy at work and they actually expect me to teach a little. Given the economy, I expect the Vocational Colleges will get even busier.I guess that is job security!

There are some of my June bug friends here and two great buddies, Long2bethin and Apples! Hi Gals!:laugh:

I have been doing ok. I went to the doc for a checkup and got .5 ccs added. I now have restriction. I am also trying to train for the Walk for a Cure, Susan G. Komen Walk. That is 3.1 miles. Janet: I walked the 3 miles to my sister's house again on Sunday and made her bring me home again. I know she gets tired of that, but it is so much easier to walk to "someplace" than just to walk. :) Isn't that crazy! :laugh:

I am enjoying the wonderful weather here in the mountains of East Tennessee, the leaves are just beginning to change and it is so nice to walk!

Glad to reall about all of you and I will try to pop in here more! Long and Apples: I still go to the June thread, a few more seem to be checking back! I haven't heard from Kerry either, but Hunzi is back and ready to have her band put back in.

Oh, I too am going to have a little more surgery. I am going to have the netting put under my bladder wall, I for got what that is called, but I am tired of having to change clothes if I laugh or cough! The Lapband helped some, but the doc said it wouldn't matter how much I lost, the problem will still be with me. So I am going to have it on the 6th of November. Not a biggie I will not even have General anastheia.

Thanks, Janet, for letting me ramble on here! I love ya!

Cathy

Ramble all you want... I gotta say my bladder problems have improved 95% - I use to have to wear a pad 20 hrs a day - now I rarely do -I would most like wear one if I had a cold & cough but on a day to day basis don't need them anymore but I will tell you before - if my bladder was full and I got a coughing attack I would pee my pants... :eek:

Heck I would do the same (get a ride home) 3 miles is enought - heck I don't do more than 3 miles...

Hi tonight. I went to a lap band support group tonight and there was a plastic surgeon to explain all of the surgeries. It was pretty interesting. It isn't cheap though as you all know. Anyway, it was a good meeting. I was looking for Freedom (don't know her name but she posts on here alot) but no one matched up with her. Anyway, today was uneventful. I did so much yesterday that I was tired today. It was rainy so I didn't get my walk in either. Its just one of those days where I want to cheat on food. It is getting late so I know I won't but it is a mindset that you have to ignore. WE all keep plugging away at this weight loss and it is hard. I don't know why but at home I think I am thinner and then when I go somewhere I think I look large. You are right Janet. We still want to think like a fat chick. Catch ya alll later!!!!!

Beckyo:thumbup:

Becky - Rainy weather = comfort foods - Make a pot of Soup or chilli Beans -

Hey Cathy, nice to hear from you again. I am sure the beginning of your fall semesters are crazy. Just don't forget about us though. Sorry to hear you have to have surgery. I have had friends that have had the same and they said it wasn't bad at all. I hope it's the same for you.

I am going nuts not being able to do much. At least I can cook for the farmers. That gives me SOMETHING to do. I just make sure that if there is any lifting to do, the guys do it b/4 they leave in the morning. Even when I was at my heaviest, I was a very active person. Never one to sit in one place too long. So, looking at things that I can't do are killing me.

Our guards unit (the one my sons were in) got called up to go back to Iraq and will leave in April. I will be heading up the Family Readiness Group along with another person. I was the secretary for the group when my son was in Iraq. This time my son is not going because he is done with his 8yrs and I feel like I need to do more. We got the ball rolling a couple of months ago and cannot wait to get some fund raising things underway. This will be a huge part of my life for the next couple of years. I certainly do not want to see these men leave again but at least we will be able to have our group functioning long b/4 they need to leave. I was pretty much frozen in time the last time around. Now I feel like I will have the capacity to actually function within the group.

You guys don't mind hearing all this, do you? Another thing I will be busy with is a volunteer job at our local hospital. About 15-20 hours a week. (You get calls when people hear that you do not draw a paycheck). I have always volunteered but only a few hours a week. Looking forward to this venture also. Being as I work for the farm, I do not see people on a daily basis and it drives me nuts. Volunteering is good for the soul and good for my sanity. I had my own business for years and when I sold to come home and work with my husband, I missed my clients so much I thought I would die. Now I just do things to get me off the farm and I get to see people again.

I don't know where this long story came from or why I felt I needed to share it but now you all know me a little better. OK?

Apple - don't worry about a long post - i don't know why pple are always apoligizing for long post - it takes words to explain things and who we are - you can talk about anything you want

#1 - I am confused here (easily done:lol:) - You cook for farmers ???? Do you own the farm and cook for your farm hands/family - or are you a cook on a farm = What do you grow..

#2 Is your son going back to Iraq??? Or are you just supporting those who are getting called back - At our office a gf DH in the marines and we sent packages to his platoon - He's back safe and sound now we have a producer's nephew over there... Can wait til we don't have to send our family to these awful wars..

#3 It's great that you have the time to volunteer - If I ever get to retire I would do that too..

well, when it rains it pours. I lost my mom this morning. It was expected, but still a blow to the heart. She is not suffering any longer and is with her parents now. I am glad that I got to see her last night and know that she understood that I loved her and my son got to give grandma a kiss good bye which brought a smile to her face for a few seconds last night. I won't be online for the next few days need to take care of a few things and get through the services. See everyone next week.

Gail

Gail - I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mother :tt1: My heart and prayers are with you and your family... Love Janet

Good evening. I just got home from my support group too, BeckyO, it was a good group, lots of changes happening though.

CathyChatts, nice to see you here, good luck with your surgery. My bladder issues seem to have improved with the weightloss though not perfect.

Gail, sorry for the loss of your mom.

Well today was an eventful day. My over repair guy came and to fix it was going to cost between $400 and $500 so I said thanks but no thanks. And I went shopping and the new one will be delivered on Friday. I had a tough time deciding. All my appliances are bisque (not my choice came with the house), I so wanted to get black or stainless but then they wouldn't match. I ended up getting the bisque and it was hard to find as it's not too popular anymore.

Tomorrow my parents arrive who know nothing of my weight loss or surgery. I'm nervous but think I have my head together now and am not going to let her negativity rain on my weight loss success. How can she argue with 70 lbs and no more blood pressure meds?

Lori - Your parents will be so happy to see that their daughter is getting healthy...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry gang this is short - but I just finished watched the debates - and am pooped....

I will ck back in the morning to see what I missed..

xoxox

janet

Gail, you have certainly had more than your share of sorrow these last few weeks. My heart hurts for you. You remain in my prayers. May God bless and comfort you and your family.

Joann

Gail

I am so sorry for your loss......I will be praying for you and your family.

Gail

Dear Gail,

I am so sorry for your loss. You are right. It doesn't matter if it was expected, you still lost your mother and that is a painful, sad loss. I am glad that you can take comfort in the fact that she is at peace and that you had those final few moments with her. Please know that you are being thought of and that love is being sent your way.

Ellen

Well today was an eventful day.

I so wanted to get black or stainless but then they wouldn't match. I ended up getting the bisque and it was hard to find as it's not too popular anymore.

Dear Lori,

Truthfully, you aren't missing out. I have a small kitchen and have black appliances which make it look even smaller. I liked the bisque when it was in style. It had a clean, open look to it. As for stainless, my refrigerator JUST has a stainless handle and it is already dented and shows EVERY fingerprint and smudge. I am waiting for one of two things: Either I will fall so out of love with food that I won't even need a refrigerator or they'll come up with something new!!!!! Good luck with your new oven. I just had to get a new one last week and got black for the same reason you got bisque. It was just too expensive to change everything.

Lori, they are going to be in for a wonderful surprise. You are healthier; you look and feel great!!! Don't let anything rain on your parade and just remember that the "little girl Lori" inside of you is just a part of you, not the whole of you. You are a wise and competent woman and that's the lady who's going to great her parents at the door!

Be well and enjoy the ride.

Love,

Ellen

Be well and enjoy the ride.

Love,

Ellen

Ahh, shucks, thank you Ellen for the kind words. So far visit is going well. Will post more when I have time.

Thought I'd cross post this here since I haven't had time to be on the computer much:

Well my folks have arrived and the cat is out of the bag as to my weight loss. They noticed my loss right away at the airport, just said you look like you've lost weight and I replied, Yes I have a lot! That was it. Then later this afternoon mom asked me how I was losing. So I told her, it was pretty much a non issue. She wasn't negative but she wasn't positive either. Basically it was just like an 'Oh'. Conversation came back to it a few times and as I told her more about it she was a little more interested especially when it finally registered that I was telling her I had surgery in June and have lost a total of 70 lbs and 60 of that was since surgery. that piqued her interest more. So guess I was worried for nothing. Ideally, I'd have loved more enthusiasm or congrats or something but this was better than the negativity I expected.

Edited by Great2BThin

Janet... we own a 2000 acre grain farm. Corn and soybeans. I sold my business in 1997. Too stressful for my husband not to have me around. We also own a business together on the side which my son is involved in also. Son is also employed by the farm. I cook every day for a number of help. I do the books for farm and business also. Love my job but feel the need to be out in public also. DH would never say I could not work outside the home but I just know this is what works for us.

My oldest son that works for us is now done with the guards. He will not go back with his unit. He will be involved in the group that I am heading up. He saw a lot of action in his year over there. Lost three of his good buddies. He was a gunner. Basically a sitting duck on top of the Humvee. He is doing well but will forever have the after affects of what he saw. My youngest son (25) is in the FL Airguard. He has 4 yrs remaining. He is a commercial pilot and his full time job is as a chief flight instructor.

Now you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple - Yep now I have a little history - now lets see how much I remember by next week :eek:

Lori - Glad things are going better than you expected. My Mom has been dead 38 yrs and my Dad & Stepmom 16 yrs.. My Aunt in Texas who's 92 was ok about it (Dad's Sister) and so was my Uncle (My Mom's Bro) he's 64.. Those are the only elders I have left - Oh well my Big Sis - who's 59 - No one gave me crap and everyone is happy for me to be so much healthier

Gail - Hugs

Ellen ,Becky, Charlene, Jill, Mia, Joann, PJ, Cathy & Kathy - How are you all doing today (if I forgot someone - please forgive me it wasn't on purpose Old age) Do we have any fills this week - how's everyone restriction - better or worse - food choices & exercise - any issue going on??

I had a good day - work was work - yogurt/granola for bf - Soup for lunch - soy Protein puffs for snack - one pot wonder for dinner and 1 hrs weights (arms) ...

I am ready for the couch and some t.v. :)

Well just cking in - will cbl - Hugs Janet

Gail, I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. My prayers are with you and your family. Just remember that she will always be with you no matter what. God bless you and your family.