Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hope everyone is doing well today! I am GREAT!

I had my second fill yesterday! It was easy and quick and I have good restrction noW! I can only eat a few bites and I am full:biggrin2:

I have walked a lot in the past 2 days. 1.5 miles yesterday and I walked 3 miles :thumbup:to my sister's house this morning (I made her drive me back):scared2:

That's Great Cathy.... I would have had her drive me back too :wink2:

Edited by IndioGirl55
forgot attachment

If you do your part and the band does it's part - this is the results..

Dear Indiogirl,

I just came upon your thread and am so excited. Another grandmother! And you are so successful, too! I am having my surgery Monday and I am scared to death. I have tried EVERYTHING to lose weight, including wiring my mouth shut AND being on the Dr. Phil show his very first year. I actually gave up until I found myself with diabetes a few months ago. That's when I knew that I had to do something!

I have one day to choose between the Realize 9 band the regular 10cc and still don't know which way to go. Any suggestions. Thanks for being so supportive. This is a nice place to be.

Ellen

Ellen,

Indiogirl(Janet) is our inspiration around here. She keeps us going with encouraging words and some tough love at the same time.

Good luck on your surgery. I really can't advise you on which band to pick. I'm not sure what the difference is. I have a 10cc LapBand and feel fine. I had my surgery on April 8 and my weight loss has been slower than some of the girls here, but I'm getting there. You will be in my prayers. Check in with us and let us know how you feel.

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/236.5/150

Dear Indiogirl,

I just came upon your thread and am so excited. Another grandmother! And you are so successful, too! I am having my surgery Monday and I am scared to death. I have tried EVERYTHING to lose weight, including wiring my mouth shut AND being on the Dr. Phil show his very first year. I actually gave up until I found myself with diabetes a few months ago. That's when I knew that I had to do something!

I have one day to choose between the Realize 9 band the regular 10cc and still don't know which way to go. Any suggestions. Thanks for being so supportive. This is a nice place to be.

Ellen

ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember me? Lori from Dr. Phil??? This has got to be the same Ellen I remember there are too many coincidences if not. I just got banded last month. I was so embarrassed I gained all my weight back from the Dr, Phil show that I sortta dropped off the face of the earth. I am no longer in DE and in CO and much happier and doing great! I can't believe it's you!! WELCOME!! Good luck Monday!! I got the 14cc band (10 wouldn't fasten right so doc puton 14 and filled it with 4 cc to make it a 10 anyway). Recovery isn't too bad but once you start getting fills, it's great! Oh and Janet is an awesome mentor!! She has made me her Jedi knight/warrior whatever it is!! LOL

I was reading back a little and Janet, I forgot to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your 148 weight. You just keep going strong. Well today is Saturday and my first real day on solids and I did not know exactly what to do. This morning I had 1/2 c oatmeal and Decaf coffee. lunch was one egg salad sandwich (with two pieces of light wheat bread) which went down fine. I was full on that. Later I had a Protein bullet. Then a little pudding. Tonight I had a light string chees with a slice of light ham wrapped around it. I have been extremely tired today and did no exercise. I don't know why I am so tired but the rain is moving in and maybe thats why. I think I will go back to WW for structure. Right now I feel like I can pretty much eat anything in limited portions. Yesterday I was starving, today I am full. I am glad everyone is doing so well. This band is a good thing for me except I think I will need a fill soon. Good luck to everyone for the weekend:thumbup:

Beckyo

Lori,

Yes, it's me!!! Oh, my gosh, what a small world. My e-mail is still the same, if you have it. Please, please contact me!!!! We have so much to share.

Love,

Ellen

Dear Indiogirl,

Ellen

Hi Ellen & Welcome...

Yep Grandma's can do this too :thumbup: For us it's about our health and being around for our grandkids.

Just remember this is not a diet - this really is a lifetime lifestyle change in our eating & exercise habits - the band is the tool that will help up accomplish those new habits.

As far as the band goes - I am prejudice - I have the new AP band (allergen - that came out last July ) I really don't know anything about the realized band - I would say it's up to your doctor..

ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember me? Lori from Dr. Phil??? This has got to be the same Ellen I remember there are too many coincidences if not. I just got banded last month. I was so embarrassed I gained all my weight back from the Dr, Phil show that I sortta dropped off the face of the earth. I am no longer in DE and in CO and much happier and doing great! I can't believe it's you!! WELCOME!! Good luck Monday!! I got the 14cc band (10 wouldn't fasten right so doc puton 14 and filled it with 4 cc to make it a 10 anyway). Recovery isn't too bad but once you start getting fills, it's great! Oh and Janet is an awesome mentor!! She has made me her Jedi knight/warrior whatever it is!! LOL

Lori - Ok you and Ellen - we have t.v. stars among in our little group - how cool is that - and you are the jedi knight (really all you are) cuz you are listening and repeating my mantra - this is a tool it's about eating healthy - exercising and planing... Taking hope our and replacing it with I will..

I was reading back a little and Janet, I forgot to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your 148 weight. You just keep going strong. Well today is Saturday and my first real day on solids and I did not know exactly what to do. This morning I had 1/2 c oatmeal and Decaf coffee. lunch was one egg salad sandwich (with two pieces of light wheat bread) which went down fine. I was full on that. Later I had a Protein bullet. Then a little pudding. Tonight I had a light string chees with a slice of light ham wrapped around it. I have been extremely tired today and did no exercise. I don't know why I am so tired but the rain is moving in and maybe thats why. I think I will go back to WW for structure. Right now I feel like I can pretty much eat anything in limited portions. Yesterday I was starving, today I am full. I am glad everyone is doing so well. This band is a good thing for me except I think I will need a fill soon. Good luck to everyone for the weekend:thumbup:

Beckyo

Becky - Sometimes we just get tired (we do have to face our age issues:tongue:) I was beat yesterday - I hadn't sleep well for a few nights between GS coming in late - dogs barking tooth etc) Yesterday got nails done and food shopping (made abondagas Mex Meatball Soup with ground turkey) and that was it - I was beat - a girlfriend came over for dinner - we gabbed - she left and I was in bed by 10 - finally got some rest - I slept in til 7 which is late for me...

Eating everything but in limit portions means your band is working.. Your dinner didn't sound like enough to me just a piece of cheese and ham but again I am a dinner person - I guess it goes back to my childhood when we all sat down together and ate..

Yes as you all know I am a total WW girl as I think it is the most balanced eating plan out there - you get Protein - starches - veggies - dessert -

You get real food

Yes, you most likely need a fill at your next appointment - depending on your weight loss (good girl on weight only 1 week) and the amount of food you can consume at one sitting - You need to try some hard Proteins like steak, chicken even hamburger - to test your restriction - and you need some veggies - are you taking your chewable Vitamins??

Question on feeling since fill:

Since my fill on Monday I've been doing great. however, I've noticed sometimes when I eat I get a pain behind my breastbone. It feels like something is stuck. However, it generally passes in about 10 min at the longest. Is this food getting stuck? I'm I eating too fast, too big of bites? I think I am being really careful, this morning it happened on scrambled eggs. I now have to cut my Calcium plls in half. Is that normal? I don't feel I'm too tight but yet I don't want to do something that would cause slippage later either.

Question on feeling since fill:

Since my fill on Monday I've been doing great. however, I've noticed sometimes when I eat I get a pain behind my breastbone. It feels like something is stuck. However, it generally passes in about 10 min at the longest. Is this food getting stuck? I'm I eating too fast, too big of bites? I think I am being really careful, this morning it happened on scrambled eggs. I now have to cut my Calcium plls in half. Is that normal? I don't feel I'm too tight but yet I don't want to do something that would cause slippage later either.

Lori yes that's normal and it's a stuck - most pple are tight in the mornings (I'm not I get tight after exercise) and can have a hard time with eggs.. I am like you I only get stuck for a short time - it either goes down or comes up - I'm not like some who seem to get stuck for hours.. It could be eating too fast or the bites - you just gotta remember what you did before it happens = we eat on auto pilot so sometimes its hard to remember - but when you first start to eat pay attention - that's usually when I get in trouble - those 1st few bites when I am hungry...

Didn't your doc tell you to change to chewable Vitamins & calicum?? I have some petiti calicum pills - but I take them in the moring when my stomach is empty - I also have some small vit b pills but I just make sure that I take them before I eat or along time afterwards (after I know food had gone through pouch)

Hi tonight, Janet I have been taking all of my meds faithfully and trying to get all Water in faithfully. Its this hot weather that makes me so tired. This morning I went for a walk at the park with a very steep hill and then I came home and went swimming for a while. Today I had Decaf coffee and unjury smoothie with yogurt and some fresh fruit for Breakfast. lunch was a half ff ham sandwich with a string cheese. Later a bullet. Supper was a small hamburger (without bun) half cup of fresh corn off cob and about 4 bites of fresh Tomato out of garden. This fresh summer food is going to get me good but I love fresh fruits and vegetables. Do you think this was a pretty good hard Protein day? I feel like I ate too much (in my mind) but I dont know. It was hard to stop eating tonight and I am having one hell of a time slowing down. I put my fork down but man do I fight that. I felt like eating more cause it was soo good but I did not. I have also noticed that my bowels are moving alot right now in a very strange way. I keep having blowouts, Never had that before. I hope its just because I am reintroducing food back into my system. Is my eating going to slow way down again when I get a fill. Dr. says 4 weeks.:ohmy:

Beckyo:tt2:

Lori yes that's normal and it's a stuck - most pple are tight in the mornings (I'm not I get tight after exercise) and can have a hard time with eggs.. I am like you I only get stuck for a short time - it either goes down or comes up - I'm not like some who seem to get stuck for hours.. It could be eating too fast or the bites - you just gotta remember what you did before it happens = we eat on auto pilot so sometimes its hard to remember - but when you first start to eat pay attention - that's usually when I get in trouble - those 1st few bites when I am hungry...

Didn't your doc tell you to change to chewable Vitamins & calicum?? I have some petiti calicum pills - but I take them in the moring when my stomach is empty - I also have some small vit b pills but I just make sure that I take them before I eat or along time afterwards (after I know food had gone through pouch)

Thanks, Janet. I will have to be even more mindful of how I am eating, I think I am but then get distracted or out of habit take a big bite. I do have chewable vitamins and I have the petite Citracal, they are the ones I still have to cut in half, I didn't prefill. I'm taking Biotin as well as I heard it helps with hair loss, I've noticed a lot in my comb lately. But those are smaller and generally go down okay.

Hi tonight, Janet I have been taking all of my meds faithfully and trying to get all Water in faithfully. Its this hot weather that makes me so tired. This morning I went for a walk at the park with a very steep hill and then I came home and went swimming for a while. Today I had Decaf coffee and unjury smoothie with yogurt and some fresh fruit for Breakfast. lunch was a half ff ham sandwich with a string cheese. Later a bullet. Supper was a small hamburger (without bun) half cup of fresh corn off cob and about 4 bites of fresh Tomato out of garden. This fresh summer food is going to get me good but I love fresh fruits and vegetables. Do you think this was a pretty good hard Protein day? I feel like I ate too much (in my mind) but I dont know. It was hard to stop eating tonight and I am having one hell of a time slowing down. I put my fork down but man do I fight that. I felt like eating more cause it was soo good but I did not. I have also noticed that my bowels are moving alot right now in a very strange way. I keep having blowouts, Never had that before. I hope its just because I am reintroducing food back into my system. Is my eating going to slow way down again when I get a fill. Dr. says 4 weeks.:ohmy:

Beckyo:tt2:

Becky your food intake for the day sounds good and nothing wrong with fruit and veggies I consider them all most free food - especially veggies even corn - I know all the diets say to stay away from corn and carrots but heck 1/2 cup of them is better than 1/2 of tatos or Pasta or rice and not as many calories.. If you are hungry eat extra veggies - I have always done that - and for me it works - I also eat those 100 calorie packs of popcorn at night when I need that munch factor..

Also, Becky you have to eat to lose - we equate no eating to losing weight but really you just have to eat healthy (you get more food when you take out all the fats & sugars)... Me personally I have to be able to eat 1 to 1 1/2 cup for dinner - I would die on half a cup of food per meal..

As far as your restriction with your 1st fill - it will depend on how aggressive your doc it - mine is - but my 1st fill only lasted about 2 or 3 weeks and I had to go back for another one. but that 2nd one was my sweet spot..

Tmi subject I had the runs for the first few weeks after surgery - I finally took some imodiom and it stopped..

Thanks, Janet. I will have to be even more mindful of how I am eating, I think I am but then get distracted or out of habit take a big bite. I do have chewable Vitamins and I have the petite Citracal, they are the ones I still have to cut in half, I didn't prefill. I'm taking Biotin as well as I heard it helps with hair loss, I've noticed a lot in my comb lately. But those are smaller and generally go down okay.

Lori the Hair loss issue - My hair dresser says its the lack of fat in our diets that causes the hair loss - and I seem to beleive her - I have a gf who did just medifast and lost her hair - she got plenty of Protein and no surgery so we can't blame that - but when I ask her about the fat issue she said yes she cut it out almost entirely... Keep healthy fats in your diet - I did and was lucky not to lose any... Thankfully cuz I have fine hair to begin with - really can't stand to lose any...

I have some chewable calicum that I really like it's not the citrate kind but it's still calcuim - and someone said that their doc said that really it's the bypass pple who need the citracte - I'm not a doc so don't take my word for it and never take my word over your doc -but I am the kind of person who does what works for them.. My biggest problem is with the chewable multi vitimans - I don't care for them and I need to take them more often cuz I a bruising...

And I'm off to have my surgery! I'm still scared to death, but I wanted to take a minute to say thanks for the inspiration and good advice I've gotten here. Wish me luck.

Ellen