Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

BBRRRR its cold out there this morning!!

G2BThin, well prob. met ya then, cant remember what you were wearing tho. What church do u go too? I go off n on to Orchard Church. Went for that walk yesterday, whew, was hot out there. Son & I had a snowball fight, he won.

Yes, I got the childcare issue taken care of, friends I met at church on Easter will take care of him!! So called Dolly left her a msg.

Thanks for info on Thornton support group will plan on it for next week, Can kids go? Where is the Civic Center. Sorry bad sense of directions. :)

Congrats on getting your surgery scheduled!! Hopefully Dolly still has that opening and gets you on the schedule, I'd keep calling, and be sure. I go to Orchard church too. As for the support group, it meets tomorrow night (1st and 3rd Tues of the month). I've seen kids there a couple times but generally there aren't any there. The Thornton Civic center is at Thornton Pkwy (which turns into 92nd) and I-25 (kindda right off Grant st and behind Sam's club if you know where that is).

Laura, so glad that clerk had your wallet. I bet she will really appreciate that letter you sent on her behalf!

Julie, yep most of my snow is gone.

Well therapy went much better today. Actually the actual therapy didn't go bad last time either it was afterwards that I got so bad. This time I took 2 Vicodin before and one after and my PT guy didn't push things too far today. Though I did move up the the 6 inch step from the 4 inch one and was able to lower the bike seat a tad and still get the pedals around. he thinks my troubles stemmed from on Friday my lack of pain pills and we had upped some exercises. Also, today I came home (after meeting DH for lunch) and didn't go by Grandma's and do extra running around. I told her I would take her tomorrow instead.

Hi Janet.

I have been on this board for months and I am being banded on Wed. Today is the first day I have read this thread of yours.... thank you. I look forward to reading more! I am in So Cal too! Love it here.

Hi Janet.

I have been on this board for months and I am being banded on Wed. Today is the first day I have read this thread of yours.... thank you. I look forward to reading more! I am in So Cal too! Love it here.

Happyhomecc

Welcome & congrats !!!! IMHO we have a great group here - just jump on it... I think I am the only Cali girl - Eva is AZ but everyone else in east of us..

Prayers for a safe surgery & speedy recovery...

Latte - forgot to tell you Congrats too..

Laura - ya forgot to tell you ya - it's a good thing about getting your wallett back ... It's a pain to have to replace stuff and not everything is replaceable.

Great - WTG on your pt... you are doing great...

Hi....I need advise! Had to have gall bladder removed past friday for lapband surgery scheduled for wednesday!!!! Has any of you had this done in this order? Is the lapband as bad as having gall bladder out? Man i am so sore!!!!! HELP!!!

Hi....I need advise! Had to have gall bladder removed past friday for lapband surgery scheduled for wednesday!!!! Has any of you had this done in this order? Is the lapband as bad as having gall bladder out? Man i am so sore!!!!! HELP!!!

I know one of us had gall bladder (great??) out after lapband but not before.

I would say they are about the same - the only diff is where they put the port is the sores after surgery..

Good luck!!

I am actually posting from school. I decided to stay because the kids left my room at 4:25 and i have a Promotions Committee meeting at 6:30. Over an hour's commute to get home and back so I walked around the gym and climbed stairs for 45 minutes. Just finished a sm. V8 and 3 oz. can of chicken for supper. I also have a small applesauce I can eat. This meal should help get me back into my food protocol after my high calorie Halloween weekend. I really enjoyed the chocolate but now it must go. At least my evening Kashi bar has some chocolate in it as does my morning Protein Shake.

Laura you seem to be doing much better, though I'm sure you're still grieving and anxious. Nels and Mimi and Brooks were so cute for Halloween.

Miss you Apples.

Wish some of you were from Chicago area. Particularly the south side. It's cool the way some of you have connected.

Actually saw the sun yesterday and today, tho today I was stuck indoors, my room was still lit up. I walked outdoors in front of the school for 10 minutes but I don't dare venture farther. Very bad neighborhood. The kid who was killed with a 2 by 4 (it made the national news, Obama sent a big shot) was only a few blocks from my school. Our kids were safe inside in afterschool care.

Let's not talk about Christmas presents! Yet!

Happy posting!

Apples - I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.

Peas - sorry your dad had to postpone Chemo I hope the infection clears up soon

I had my gall bladder removed years ago and I'd say that was worse than the lapband placement. Port site is irratating the most.

Laura K

LCDragna..........I had my gall bladder out in July, after I started having severe attacks of pain... I had to have a full insicison, so had lots of pain.. Hope yours went well.. I agree, the port thing is the hardest about the lapband... good luck........

I did have my gall bladder out exactly 2 mos after my lap band surgery. The gall bladder was a tougher recovery. However, I don't know if that was because it was a tougher surgery or if it was because it was so close to my lap band surgery and my body just hadn't fully regained it's strength from the first surgery. My lap band surgery did both surgeries and he used most of the same incisions for the gall bladder that he made for the lapband, needed one new one.

Any Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) shoppers out there? Some of the ads are being leaked already, www.black-friday.net is one of the websites that has them. I will be in SD and unable to go to the sales this year again. I like to have most of my shopping done by then anyway. Plus we are cutting way back this year.

My knee is still feeling pretty good today after therapy, so it must've been the lack of pain pills last time and then over doing it a bit after therapy. Thank goodness. I am feeling much more encouraged.

Janet, hope you handle all the candy outside your door.. We went to Wal-mart yesterday and DH stocked up on all the half price stuff... Just what I needed...... but it doesn't really bother me that much.. Especially the chocolate... I can have one peice and be done... He, on the other hand, can eat a whole bag... And weighs in at a whopping 160 most of the time... It's just not fair!!!!!! Glad you had a good time with your family... Yes, Brooke looked just delightful and happy... Nice pictures of your babies, too.... Adding some pictures of my Mimi, the lady bug, with her Paw Paw!!!!! Hope all the rest of you are happy and healthy.. TTYL.......Julie

Yeah, your DH IS disgustingly skinny!! LOL! Cute pics of your two darlings!

Great.... glad you had a better PT day!

Janet... don't forget me... I'm a part-time SoCA snowbird!

Just checking in with a thank you for the kind words, everyone. I've read each post but headed for bed and just want to acknowledge and let you all know I appreciate the luvs sent my way.

Long sad day but also celebrated her life. I am still in shock over how this family has included me every step of the way. At funeral this morning it was their wish for me to walk behind casket with her only daughter. Daughter's DH and her two brothers and the rest of the family followed. I will forever be grateful for this gesture. I am still numb that they, as a family, would make the decision to place me where they did.

Doing thank yous with family tomorrow. Apt. is rented till the end of the month but will be helping with some packing, etc. so will not be around much to post. Will check my threads in the evenings. I'm spent and heading to bed with a book. (Hoping I don't even get to the second page).

You are all so great and I felt the love that was sent my way. For those of you who sent cards, thank you and I will PM you in the next couple of days. Good night and God Bless.

Apples, I don't know your family situation but obviously this family thinks as much of you as you of them. You said this lady was a mother to you and obviously the family considered you their kin as well. They are very lucky to have you as part of their 'family'.

Well tomorrow is a busy day for me. My Grandma (she's 100 remember) has a dr appt tomorrow. She is very very nervous about this one. Her last tests said she had the beginnings of pulmonary hypertension, not exactly sure what that is I know pulmonary is lungs and hypertension is high blood pressure, but I googled and that doesn't sound well. She is so worried about being put on oxygen or something like that. Please say a prayer that all goes well for her tomorrow. Apples, for me to lose this grandma is probably like you losing this special lady in your life. I dont' have a great relationship with my mother but my grandma has had a big impact on my life. I am grateful for every day I still have with her.

Julie, the pictures of Mimi are so cute!! Is that your DH? Looks like you both have a great time with her.

Janet, yes, that was my DH and my sister. She's the one with the lizard eyes. I used to think gift cards were so impersonal, but now, I really appreciate them.

Laura, wow sounds like you had one heck of a day. I've thrown stuff away that I just couldn't stand to have in the house. I feel like it's such a waste, but better it than me. It's interesting that you have the same issue of not being able to say "no" to whatever it is. Really happy to hear your wallet found it's way back to you. That sure saves a ton of trouble. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Lori, glad to hear your therapy went better. Those pain pills are nice...but a little scary. Can't you shop in SD? Where will you be? I can't stand shopping with so many people. I get people claustrophobia.

HappyHomeCC, welcome and good luck!! Why did you fire your top surgeon?

Had an interesting day today. A "letter from Human Resources" came out late this afternoon to let all Management employee know they will no longer have a retirement. After December 31, 2009 the company will not long contribute to any retirement accounts. Which means what ever is in my retirement account as of 12-31-09 is what I get when I retire. Period. I've worked for 33 years for this company and stayed here because of the retirement. Guess that incentive is gone....and oh by the way, there will be no wage increases next year either. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm very grateful to have a job. I also realize that most people don't get a retirement paid for by the company, but when I started here in 1976, that was one of the benefits to working here. It's one of the reasons I've stayed here. I will get what's in my account when I retire, but I can't do anything with that money now....like invest it so it will grow. I would have to retire to do that. I could find another job, but that means starting over with vacation....yuck. I get 7 weeks vacation and I won't get that anywhere else. So now I get to work for my paycheck and that's all. Gives me a lot of incentive to work those 45-50 hours a week for 40 hours pay. Guess that's not going to happen anymore. Okay, I'm done whining. I'm still lucky and employeed.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Eva

Hey gang - this is going to be a drive by post

my computer took a crap - it won't turn on

I am using my bros laptop which I have but i'm not use to it - it's 8:15 and I need to eat :0)

Apples - how very special - but from what I know about you - you are special and I bet the family appreciated you.

Laura - I must have missed that part on the chemo - hugs - you have been in my prayers too

Phyl - Oh you are so right :)) you are my winter bird ;o)

Cheri

No choc for me - no sugar for me - for 3 days

wtg on the exercise

Great -

I thought it was you but you know how the 50 brain works sometimes ;0)

Well I am signing off

talk to you all in the morning