Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Well you are doing good on the protein- hows the sodium?? Is it that time of the month and forgive me I forget - but are you weighing every day :0)

Take a couple days off on the exercise and it might help - I know that for me the weeks that I exercised hard the scales didn't move that much then if I took a couple days off the would move

Glad your baby is back to his self...

it's 7:47 here so I have another 15 til Dance - better go start dinner...

Ttyl

Hugs Janet

Janet~

Excellent question. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my sodium totals on the Realize web site. Does anyone else use realizemysuccess.com? I love that i have all my info in one place. It has my fills... it has my exercise diary/cal burned... and my food diary. I have not missed ONE day of documenting what I eat. It has really helped keep me in check. There is a lot of data in there... but no way for the average patient to access it. I wonder if my doc's office can pull data like that from their log in. See, that's the other great thing about their site, is the office can look at whatever you allow them to.

It looks like sodium is not that bad. I am eating VERY VERY little ready made foods. And I don't cook with a lot of salt. I do know the bariatric supplements have a lot of sodium. It cracks me up that a Healthwise Cappuccino drink has 115 mg Na!!! 90 cal/15 grams of Protein. I would guess I am around 1500. But it is also ending my TOM.... so, maybe the Water weight will pour off in the next few days. I think I am going to take the entire weekend off from the gym. : ) I am going today for a 1030 with my trainer. Although I am TIRED! We had wicked thunderstorms here and DS was up all night wanting someone to come protect him! awwww... there aren't too many more nights of those requests left. I know I better eat them up while I can. My baby is growing up!:thumbup:

TGIF... have a good friday everyone!!!

Janet, as always, thank you for being such an inspiration and a support. You help us all in ways you don't even know! That goes to all of you. If I haven't thanked you for being my online/LBT friend... THANK YOU! You guys have been instrumental in my success! It's such a comfort knowing someone has been in your shoes. Well, not these stinky NB... but you know. :lol:

peasout~ Laura

Morning..... I'm having a blue day!!! Don't know why, just feel the weight of the world on my shoulders... Had to drive to Bismarck yesterday for errands and to see my chiropractor... My leg has been hurting so much... You'd think after a 95 pound loss the aches should subside........ but no!!! Anyway on the way down DH called and told me to enjoy myself... That hit me hard as I realized I haven't been enjoying much for quite some time... Most all avenues of my life are strewn with troubles and concerns and I rarely just really enjoy things.. Even my little one, although a joy all the time, has become a big responsibility and concern as I worry about overdoing and such.... Enough wallowing... But I'm definitely having one of those days.....

Can't go to swim aerobics today as the cable guy is to be here this morning... Need a bit of work done and this was the earliest time available when I called... Was hoping he'd be here already so I could still go.. have to leave by 9:00 and it's already 8:30... guess not!!

What's everyone doing for the long weekend? DH is going th the farm to help out with cattle working day tomorrow.. Don't think I'll go.... Then we have a Memorial Day program at our church on Sunday and then a graduation to go to in the afternoon.. Monday we will attend the annual Memorial Day program in our town... DH is a veteran and belongs to the Legion so usually is in the parade in his uniform... After that will have some friends for a picnic type lunch at our house.. Just burgers and brats on the grill... DD has to work so will have baby from noon Sunday on..... But DH will be there, too, so that takes some of the strain off me...

Laura, I tried Facebook, but just can't get into it.. How do you find all those fun things to do? I guess I need my daughter to give me a lesson or something.. Glad your little one is feeling better.. It's so hard when they aren't well...

Well, guess I'll find something else to do... Trying to get a bunch of little things caught up today... We had a little thunderstorm during the night so it's wet outside right now, but the wind isn't blowing, so maybe we'll have a nice day... I may go for a walk... Asked DH to get our bikes out finally.. Maybe he can do that this evening and get my new, more appropriate, seat put on mine... I need a better understanding...oops... underseating!!!!! Bye for now and have a great weekend.. Julie

Edited by Mrs. Bubba

Janet~

Excellent question. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my sodium totals on the Realize web site. Does anyone else use realizemysuccess.com? I love that i have all my info in one place. It has my fills... it has my exercise diary/cal burned... and my food diary. I have not missed ONE day of documenting what I eat. It has really helped keep me in check. There is a lot of data in there... but no way for the average patient to access it. I wonder if my doc's office can pull data like that from their log in. See, that's the other great thing about their site, is the office can look at whatever you allow them to.

It looks like sodium is not that bad. I am eating VERY VERY little ready made foods. And I don't cook with a lot of salt. I do know the bariatric supplements have a lot of sodium. It cracks me up that a Healthwise Cappuccino drink has 115 mg Na!!! 90 cal/15 grams of Protein. I would guess I am around 1500. But it is also ending my TOM.... so, maybe the Water weight will pour off in the next few days. I think I am going to take the entire weekend off from the gym. : ) I am going today for a 1030 with my trainer. Although I am TIRED! We had wicked thunderstorms here and DS was up all night wanting someone to come protect him! awwww... there aren't too many more nights of those requests left. I know I better eat them up while I can. My baby is growing up!:thumbup:

TGIF... have a good friday everyone!!!

Janet, as always, thank you for being such an inspiration and a support. You help us all in ways you don't even know! That goes to all of you. If I haven't thanked you for being my online/LBT friend... THANK YOU! You guys have been instrumental in my success! It's such a comfort knowing someone has been in your shoes. Well, not these stinky NB... but you know. :tt2:

peasout~ Laura

Laura - How kind you are !!! I have been worrying lately cuz so many post a couple times then leave... Does my breath stink or am I to ridge..

I never really count salt but am like you 99% of my food is home made - I don't use alot - but things like Tomato sauce even frozen spinach has salt in it and all that adds up - when I wake up in the morning I can tell if I am retaining cuz under my eyes are really puffy..

Morning..... I'm having a blue day!!! Don't know why, just feel the weight of the world on my shoulders... Had to drive to Bismarck yesterday for errands and to see my chiropractor... My leg has been hurting so much... You'd think after a 95 pound loss the aches should subside........ but no!!! Anyway on the way down DH called and told me to enjoy myself... That hit me hard as I realized I haven't been enjoying much for quite some time... Most all avenues of my life are strewn with troubles and concerns and I rarely just really enjoy things.. Even my little one, although a joy all the time, has become a big responsibility and concern as I worry about overdoing and such.... Enough wallowing... But I'm definitely having one of those days.....

Can't go to swim aerobics today as the cable guy is to be here this morning... Need a bit of work done and this was the earliest time available when I called... Was hoping he'd be here already so I could still go.. have to leave by 9:00 and it's already 8:30... guess not!!

What's everyone doing for the long weekend? DH is going th the farm to help out with cattle working day tomorrow.. Don't think I'll go.... Then we have a Memorial Day program at our church on Sunday and then a graduation to go to in the afternoon.. Monday we will attend the annual Memorial Day program in our town... DH is a veteran and belongs to the Legion so usually is in the parade in his uniform... After that will have some friends for a picnic type lunch at our house.. Just burgers and brats on the grill... DH has to work so will have baby from noon Sunday on..... But DH will be there, too, so that takes some of the strain off me...

Laura, I tried Facebook, but just can't get into it.. How do you find all those fun things to do? I guess I need my daughter to give me a lesson or something.. Glad your little one is feeling better.. It's so hard when they aren't well...

Well, guess I'll find something else to do... Trying to get a bunch of little things caught up today... We had a little thunderstorm during the night so it's wet outside right now, but the wind isn't blowing, so maybe we'll have a nice day... I may go for a walk... Asked DH to get our bikes out finally.. Maybe he can do that this evening and get my new, more appropriate, seat put on mine... I need a better understanding...oops... underseating!!!!! Bye for now and have a great weekend.. Julie

Julie

I think we all forget to enjoy the moment - we are all always in a rush to do this or that - we take everyone elses problems and add them to ours - this is when we have to step back and let others fix their own problems - I know that with our kids we want to protect them - but how are they ever going to learn if we keep doing that - they need to stand on their own two feet at one time or another..

We think we can control everything in our lives and truly we can't really control a darn thing - life happens and all we can do - it do our best at copping and realizing that this is just a moment in time and that it will get better.

So Have a little pitty party for 1 hour - then say I am going to be happy I am going to go out and enjoy the spring weather and take my baby for a walk.

Say to yourself - I will smile - I will look at the sky and truly wonder of its beauty - these things that we take for granted - think of all the things that you do have in your life to be grateful for - and remember it could always be worse...

My plans this weekend - Rock Yard tonite coverband "Prince" (drinking and dancing) Tomorrow - dogs to the groomer - hair cut - nephews wedding at 2 - reception at 5 (more partying)

That leaves me Sunday & Monday to recoup for all my partying :lol::lol::party:

Janet, do NOT worry you are fabulous! No stinky breath -- just pure love and inspiration. I think everyone is just busy with their own lives. Even I'm busier than usual with my exercise regime. Everyone have a great long weekend. Even I'm off on Monday. Whoo Hoo! Linda

Yeah 3 day weekend woo hoo!!!:thumbup:

Hello everyone, and Janet I sure miss reading your posts, and your breath does not smell. Sorry I have been away so long but things have been very hectic for me. First I lost my job of 30 years. I have worked for the same attorney for 30 years and business has been so slow that I could not justify him paying me anymore. I told him that he had to do it. It was really hard on both of us but in my heart I know it was the right thing to do. I feel lost. Than the following day I took my mother in law to the doctor and we found out that her cancer is back and has spread to her liver. She is scheduled for surgery on June 4th. Than today my mother (that lives with me because she is very ill) has bronchitis and upper chest infection. Its been very very hectic and like I said I am in a fog.

Sunday is my babies 21st birthday and I am having a bbq for her with family and friends it has been hard to get into party mode but I have to do it today.

Glad to see that everyone is doing well.

Rose

Morning everyone, it's a nice day here in North Dakota, finally!!! Have a few preparations for the rest of the weekend, but otherwise a leisurely day ahead I hope....

Rose, I'm so sorry for you... It sometimes feels like the world is sitting on our shoulders..... I guess God made your shoulders very strong because you have a lot right now... Be strong and carry on..... there's not much else to do... Your 21 year old will be so happy for your attention to her.... It'll be worth it... Try to relax a bit yourself and enjoy the day.... And try to check in with us more often... We're here for you, girl.... Take care....

Time to get some things done around here.... gotta do some baking.... company coming for a picnic on Monday and tomorrow is a full day, too... Have a great day.. Julie

Hello everyone, and Janet I sure miss reading your posts, and your breath does not smell. Sorry I have been away so long but things have been very hectic for me. First I lost my job of 30 years. I have worked for the same attorney for 30 years and business has been so slow that I could not justify him paying me anymore. I told him that he had to do it. It was really hard on both of us but in my heart I know it was the right thing to do. I feel lost. Than the following day I took my mother in law to the doctor and we found out that her cancer is back and has spread to her liver. She is scheduled for surgery on June 4th. Than today my mother (that lives with me because she is very ill) has bronchitis and upper chest infection. Its been very very hectic and like I said I am in a fog.

Sunday is my babies 21st birthday and I am having a bbq for her with family and friends it has been hard to get into party mode but I have to do it today.

Rose

Rose, I am so sorry you are going through so much. I can relate to the job. I was employed by one of my best friends, and he had to retire me years ago. It was difficult for both of us. We have remained good friends. I will pray for your mother and you. Please keep in touch!

Hi Everyone! Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Julie- Sounds like you are feeling better. Everyone has a blue day once in a while.Glad yours past.

Rose- I am so sorry for all you are going through now. When it rains-it pours,doesn't it? Taking care of our elders is so hard-hang in there!

Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend and has an easy time staying on track! We are taking the kids and their friends to Playland amusement park. Will check in soon.

Barb

Hi guys~

It seems everyone is busy busy with their memorial weekends! I actually PURPOSELY did not commit myself to anything! I just cannot be around party food and BBQs. So, I just chose not to go anywhere. Nelson was invited to a pool/bday party for today.. but the weather rained it out.

Rose~ I don't believe we have met. I just feel like giving you a hug. Just remember, tough times never last but tough people do! Hang in there.

Julie/Mrs Bubba~ You sound better than last week. Just try not to over extend yourself.

Ljv~ looks like you are continuing to do amazing! way to go girl!

My band seems to be settling down a bit. I was finally able to eat some chicken breast tonight. I only had 1.5 oz.. b/c I had made some lima Beans and winter squash. Some nights I have some of the weirdest combinations of foods- things I would never eat together before. But, hey, I guess we do what we need to do.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe... and stay healthy!

peas out~ Laura

Janet, do NOT worry you are fabulous! No stinky breath -- just pure love and inspiration. I think everyone is just busy with their own lives. Even I'm busier than usual with my exercise regime. Everyone have a great long weekend. Even I'm off on Monday. Whoo Hoo! Linda

Linda I know what you mean about being busy - it's just that we get those 1 time only posters who never come back...

Rose

Oh Rose - Hugs Hugs Hugs - so sorry !!! Sounds like you have a very very full plate -I wish I had something to say that could help - just know that my thoughts are with you right now- Hugs & Prayer !!!

Morning everyone, it's a nice day here in North Dakota, finally!!! Have a few preparations for the rest of the weekend, but otherwise a leisurely day ahead I hope....

Rose, I'm so sorry for you... It sometimes feels like the world is sitting on our shoulders..... I guess God made your shoulders very strong because you have a lot right now... Be strong and carry on..... there's not much else to do... Your 21 year old will be so happy for your attention to her.... It'll be worth it... Try to relax a bit yourself and enjoy the day.... And try to check in with us more often... We're here for you, girl.... Take care....

Time to get some things done around here.... gotta do some baking.... company coming for a picnic on Monday and tomorrow is a full day, too... Have a great day.. Julie

Julie -You do have a full weekend - how are you feeling

Hi Everyone! Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Julie- Sounds like you are feeling better. Everyone has a blue day once in a while.Glad yours past.

Rose- I am so sorry for all you are going through now. When it rains-it pours,doesn't it? Taking care of our elders is so hard-hang in there!

Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend and has an easy time staying on track! We are taking the kids and their friends to Playland amusement park. Will check in soon.

Barb

Barb -a few drinks staying on track for the most part - I only drink socially - so it's my treat :0)

Hi guys~

It seems everyone is busy busy with their memorial weekends! I actually PURPOSELY did not commit myself to anything! I just cannot be around party food and BBQs. So, I just chose not to go anywhere. Nelson was invited to a pool/bday party for today.. but the weather rained it out.

Rose~ I don't believe we have met. I just feel like giving you a hug. Just remember, tough times never last but tough people do! Hang in there.

Julie/Mrs Bubba~ You sound better than last week. Just try not to over extend yourself.

Ljv~ looks like you are continuing to do amazing! way to go girl!

My band seems to be settling down a bit. I was finally able to eat some chicken breast tonight. I only had 1.5 oz.. b/c I had made some lima Beans and winter squash. Some nights I have some of the weirdest combinations of foods- things I would never eat together before. But, hey, I guess we do what we need to do.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe... and stay healthy!

peas out~ Laura

Laura You band will keep you in check for the most part at the BBQ - well except for slidder but I try and stay away from those..

Hi everyone! Laura thanks so much and high five back at ya! You're also doing a fantastic job! This is the first week where I did exercise every day for 7 days straight. Usually I take Sun. off, but I managed to do about 45 mins. of step aerobics this am before it got too busy (I work on call from home from 8 a.m. until I come in the office at 4 p.m.). I'm trying to make sure that scale moves this week more than the one lb. from last week. I forgot to mention that finally people are starting to notice I've lost weight. LOL. I took my pic to put in my lap band book and it was an incredible difference. Rose, I'm so so sorry about all your troubles, I too will keep you in my prayers. DD and DG will be over tomorrow for barbeque -- I'll eat my own food and make them some goodies. Seedless watermelon was on sale so that will definitely be on the menu.

Have a lovely and safe Memorial Day everyone!

Linda

Good evening. Checking in quick in the midst of a busy weekend. I went to Laramie, WY on Fri/Sat to a Beth Moore conference (a Bible Study teacher) with 32 gals from my church. WE had a good time and lots of laughs. Today it was to the in laws for a BBQ and to look at cruise photos. Tomorrow I work. GRRRRR The pool opened this weekend so we don't get the summer holidays off.

I did get a new workout toy this weekend. Anyone hear of the EASports 'Active' program for the Wii?? It's AWESOME! I had tried Jillian Michaels workout program for the Wii Fit and it was awful. This one comes with workout bands, a pouch you put on your leg with the numchuck and you jog, box, do biceps, etc. etc. It tells you how many calories you are burning etc. I am following the 30 day challenge workout but then after that you can customize the workouts. It works with the Wii Fit balance board but can be modified to work without it as well.

Hi everyone!

Sorry that I haven't been on to update you. When I'm not in class I tend to not go on the computer very much since I live on it every semester.

Well, here is the update......

I called the office manager on Wednesday and left her a very polite message asking why and if it was normal for my chart to be in dictation for two weeks? I also asked her to call me back at her earliest convenience.

I then called my insurance company just to make sure that they did indeed NOT get anything from my surgeons office. They assured me that they did not and then told me again exactly what I needed to get pre-approved, and additionally the fax number to give to the surgeons office in order for things to move more quickly.

Then, I called the woman who is in charge of the lap band at the surgeons office yet again! I gave her the fax number and she was kind of rude and I could tell annoyed that I was calling again. Well, if I'm not going to keep tabs on things, no one will! She again told me that my chart was STILL IN DICTATION!!!!! I reminded her, very politely that it had already been two weeks. Well, she informed me that she would call me as soon as she knew anything. Ok, so I thought that was that.

50 minutes later I got a call from her angrily accusing me of talking to the office manager about my chart being in dictation. I told her that I did not actually speak to the office manager, but rather I left her a simple message asking her why it was taking so long. The woman then told me that she had miraculously found my chart out of dictation and on the surgeons desk! Wow! Imagine that?! Then she told me that she already had sent it to the insurance company. It's about time! But, she told me it wasn't signed. What the heck? So, now I'm really annoyed. Oh well, there is still nothing that I can really do until I hear from the ins co. I am going to call them on Wednesday just to make sure that the process on their end is moving along.

Thats how that went. I cannot wait to let the surgeon know what kind of treatment his staff is giving to future patients! Oh, and another thing, Saturday I received a bill in the mail from the office for 260 dollars! My insurance covers these visits 100 percent so I should not have gotten any type of bill at all! They didn't even try to submit it to insurance! In any other circumstance I would be seeking out another surgeon to do the surgery, but I really like this surgeon and have heard only amazing things about him. Plus, my father and his best friend have both had surgeries done by him laproscopically. Anyhow, that is all of the venting I'm sure all of you can take for now.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic day off tomorrow. Enjoy!

I will keep everyone updated after I call the ins co on wednesday. And, of course I will check in before then. I will not be such a stranger this week.

Take care, Meredith

Appples, I have been lurking around since last fall. I started on the band journey in October with my six month diet plan and have been jerked around with some of my doctors and appointments for the testing I needed done. I have some of the problems you had, like I have skipped heart beats, bad knees, hips & shoulders. I also have diabetes, high blood pressure and bad circulation in my toes. I have been so discouraged jumping through all of the hoops and lately have wondered if it all will be worth it. After reading your post, I feel there is some hope. All of the women who post are so kind and helpful. I will be keeping in touch and thank you for being there.