Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi, I got banded on March 27,2009 and definitely need advise. The surgery went well. I am willing to listen to any advise you can give me. Thanks

Welcome, and tell us how we can help.

Best advice... follow the rules your doctor and dietitian gave you. Walk to alleviate gas pain.

Hi, I got banded on March 27,2009 and definitely need advise. The surgery went well. I am willing to listen to any advise you can give me. Thanks

Well it's kindda hard without knowing more, are you looking for advise on foods (softs, mushies, etc) or exercise, etc. Generally I'd say be a stickler for following the bandster rules, 1/2 cup portions, Protein first, mini meals, etc. Welcome, and tell us more so we can help you. You'll find lots of help and advice here. Janet is great but on vacation this week and will be back soon, but many others here will be happy to answer any questions.

My goodness, this is a quiet site recently... I'm hoping everyone has been out enjoying spring weather and having fun.... It's 6:30 am here and we are in the midst of yet another blizzard!!!! I'm really so tired of snow I could scream...... And I don't usually have to go out in it... DH is the one with all the work, shoveling walks and driveways and keeping all our rental property clean... We are supposed to be in Bismarck for DR. appointments by 9:00 this morning, but don't know if we can go or not.. This is when the 4-wheel drive pick-up comes in handy around here.... I hear him getting up so I'd better go check things out.. You all have a safe day and I'll talk to you later... Julie

My goodness, this is a quiet site recently... I'm hoping everyone has been out enjoying spring weather and having fun.... It's 6:30 am here and we are in the midst of yet another blizzard!!!! I'm really so tired of snow I could scream...... And I don't usually have to go out in it... DH is the one with all the work, shoveling walks and driveways and keeping all our rental property clean... We are supposed to be in Bismarck for DR. appointments by 9:00 this morning, but don't know if we can go or not.. This is when the 4-wheel drive pick-up comes in handy around here.... I hear him getting up so I'd better go check things out.. You all have a safe day and I'll talk to you later... Julie

Julie.........not much to report. It is beautiful today.....just finished walking. I am sorry you have to endure all that snow. I hope you get relief soon. By the time it gets here it is thunderstorms.

I started back on pepcid yesterday, and I didn't slime or pb. I think the acid in my stomach was causing excessive gas which made me feel stuck. We will see. It sure was nice to eat and not feel stuck. I took pepcid for years and stopped a month after I was banded. I guess because of stresses in life I started having an over acid stomach again.

Janet...........WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPLES.........YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOPS!....I do have news. My new grandson will be born today by c-section. Please say a prayer for my daughter-in -law. They are taking him early because she has kidney stones. She had gastric bypass two years ago so she only gained 15lbs. The baby weighs over 6lbs now. He will be 3 weeks early.

"When are they coming back?" she whined...

We are getting pretty bad when we just can't take care of ourselves for a few days. How pathetic are we?

Hope everyone is doing okay this Monday morning. Mrs. Bubba - my complete sympathy for facing the snow again this morning. Our snow on Saturday was about 7" of VERY wet snow. Even the snowblower couldn't handle the slush factor. It was beautiful in the sunshine yesterday morning, by noon was half gone. Today's sun and temp in the 60's should get rid of the rest of it. Usually our March winter blast is an ice storm - I'm thankful it was snow this year (and hoping we don't still get the ice!).

We are leaving for Korea a week from tomorrow. Our tonight (Korea's Tues a.m.) DD and DGS leave for Seoul to await the baby's arrival near that Army hospital. As always happens, things start to move more quickly as we near the date of departure - and delivery. I am just hoping and praying this baby decides to really be an Easter baby - and not come early... My somewhat overachiever DH has already packed his suitcase... As long as he does not ask me to pack mine a week ahead of time, I guess that's okay. 48+ years of marriage, I hope we are adjusting to each other's timeclock by now. I am hemming pants (HIS) today so he can pack them... Apples - does this sound familiar? I know you are proactive, but please tell me you did not completely pack your suitcases a week before your trip... please tell me that...

Also finishing up the quilting on new baby's quilt. I will probably be handsewing the quilt binding while on the airplane (not really!).

I wish everyone a good Monday...

Wow - Charlene - you will have a busy day! Are they local? Your family is in my prayers today for a successful delivery of this precious little child.

Good Morning Gang !!!!!

I'm Back.......................

Haven't really read what has been happending this last week - will go back and do that in a few - but wanted to let you all know I survived 1 week at sea with 2 boring teenagers.

OMG they don't know how to have fun - they slept more than me - I did get them in the Party mode in Mazatlan ...

I survived zipling and repelling !!!! For me this was such a great accomplishment - it's like running a marathon...

I will post some pics tonite and go into more detail later - just a quick ck in.

Charlene - Hugs & Prayers on surgery for DIL today -

Going to go back and read now :0)

Hugs & Love - Janet

P.S. I DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT !!!!

Yeah!! Janet is back! Glad you had a nice time and didn't gain any weight!

Charlene, congrats on another grandchild!

Joann, I never pack til the evening before a trip no matter how big a trip. Ido laundry the day before that, so everything is clean and then decide what to take then.

Well we are getting more snow today too. Those darn weather folks can't get anything right. They said some flurries this afternoon and no more than an inch. Well at 4am it was already white out, and when I left for work at 5am we had more than an inch already. They must've looked out the window as now they are saying 1 to 3". LOL It's the wet slushy kind and blowing so hopefully it's not as bad as last week. We had a week of almost 80 temps just to tease us into thinking spring was coming, this is the most winter we had all winter.

One of the trainers at the rec center measured my body fat % this morning. Any idea what is good? mine is 28%, she also measured my hip to waist ratio and that was .81 any idea if that is good? She's going to email me some info. but I'm just anxious. She was surprised at how little body fat she got in the calipers and said it was good. So I am hoping that's good.

Long - I don't remember all the numbers but that is good. I think the ideal body fat percentage for a woman is somewhere around 23-25%. WOW. and WOW.

Welcome home Janet!! You are something else. Repelling and zip line? Gutsy Girl….

How wonderful two new babies on their way. Best wishes to all. Joann Love your quilt. I have done that binding traveling thing before it works with baby quilts.

Scales not moving this week. Bad choice yesterday BBQ spare ribs. All the snow and wind here makes exercising excuses come easy. Holly

March exercise 19/22

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/img]

I'd like to report that I lost the 2 of the 3 lbs additional gain when I weighed myself yesterday. Even though I haven't lost all 3 lbs, I am still happy about it.

Wow - Charlene - you will have a busy day! Are they local? Your family is in my prayers today for a successful delivery of this precious little child.

Thanks to all for prayers. I just hope this helps her get over the kidney stones. She has been in alot of pain. They live in Houston. So I am only about 30 minutes from the hospital. This will be number nine for grandkids.....only the second grandson.

Joann.........HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JANET............WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home Janet...... glad you're back.... We've tried to keep going in your absence... I don't care how skinny I get, I'll never be able to do a zip line or go repelling......... Not on my "bucket list"!!!!

Hey, everybody is getting new grandchildren... Isn't it grand!!!!!!! Best of luck for that DIL......

We made it to Bismarck and back today... The roads were okay, but in the city of Bismarck things were pretty tough.. They were closing everything.. Got my appointment moved up from 1:30 to 10:30 and got my fill.... Only .6 cc t his time... Hope it helps me feel more secure.. She was very happy with my loss since last time.. Still snowing out here... We are on the norther edge of things, but have a bunch and it's wet and heavy... This will make the floods kick in again I'm afraid.....

Found Little Debbies 110 calorie Snacks today.. They were on sale so I tried one... The Nutty bars are good and taste like a candy bar without all the guilt... Will have to use these for my occassional treats I guess....

Company for supper and cards tonight, but I won't be eating anything but soup....

Congrats to Emma and Long.. It's so good to have such positive results.. I put on a pair of pants today with a zipper... I could button them, but was a little touch on my stomach, so need a few more pounds before they are comfortable.. But I'm still taking the good feeling for getting them on....Maybe next week....

Take care all.... Julie