Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET I hope you have a wonderful time tonight. Palm Springs is one of my favorite places the husband and I travel there oftern just to get away as it is only about an hour from us. My favorite steak house there is Ruth Chris. Where did you go for you birthday? Where ever you went or did I am sure it was wonderful. Rose

Its great to meet everyone I am so happy that I was invited to this tread. What a great help and inspiration that all of you will be. I am so looking to have a great new journey with my band. I sometimes get discourage when I see the numbers that others are loosing compared to mine......but I try and not compare its just not that easy. I am doing everything the way I am supppose to and I am exercising. Lets just hope the numbers keep going down. Thank you again and its great to be a part of this group.

Good Morning Gang....

Thanks for the Bday wishes gang - You all will never really know how special you are all are to me - you say I am helping you - but you don't really know how much you are truly helping me. I am blessed to have all of you in my life..

Gotta share this - the receptionist calls me around 3 and tells me I have a delivery at the front desk and that it's an Eatable Arrangement - and the first thing I think - is who in the hell would send me a cookie bouquet !!! That's just bad bad mean terrible thing to give me... But when I got up there it was a floral arrangement made of fruit !!!! (well it did have a few choc cover strawberries), And guess who it was from - My X-DIL :rolleyes: (my GS mom) - Just a great testament on what a GREAT MIL I was to her.:w00t:. But truly I love that little girl - her mom didn't have much to do w/her when she got pg w/gs and even after her & my ds broke up and she needed help, I was there for her - She will always have a special place in my heart... I took a pic an will post it - I had to take it apart to fit in the fridge - and I have fruit this morning for my breakfast... And one of the choc strawberry's for this afternoon :eek:

Went to a place called Mimi's for dinner - really couldn't make up my mind - so picked that - it's sorta like a Coco's I guess - but a little better.. Has seafood fettuccine - shrimp and scallops - did well ate my seafood and just a little Pasta didn't have a martini cuz I wanted CAKE - and the trade off was so worth it.. My GF who I have been friends with for 30 yrs now - was shocked to see that I could eat the whole piece of cake but just a little of my dinner - I told her the bad stuff goes down with no problem it's the good stuff that makes you full... So another indication that I am doing the work 75 % of the time and it's not just the band - Not that she doubts that I have made changes in my lifestyle - but just a little affirmation as to my dedication to making healthy food choices...

The transformation that I have gone thru in the last 18 months has been unbelievable even to me.. Like Apples will contest to.. I feel so much better - healthier - stronger - more confident (and I was confident even fat) and the icing on the cake - is size 4 pants even a couple of 2's...

Again - Ladies thanks you for all the love that you show me and for all the great birthday wishes - it's so very much appreciated !!!!

:wub:Love & Hugs :) to all of you - Janet

Trying to post a pic one is of me at 95 lbs lost, don't have a new 100 lbs picture yet, but I am holding out the jeans I am wearing in the night before surgery picture.

post-349546-13813142318089_thumb.jpg

23_32_7.gif

Trying to post a pic one is of me at 95 lbs lost, don't have a new 100 lbs picture yet, but I am holding out the jeans I am wearing in the night before surgery picture.

[ATTACH]16197[/ATTACH][ATTACH]16196[/ATTACH]

Awesome! Long, You look GREAT!

How much have you lost in the beginning, i fill like i have not lost as fast or as much as others any suggestions

[/ATTACH]

:thumbup: LOOKING GOOD THERE GIRL :thumbup:

:thumbup:- KEEP IT UP:thumbup:

:redface: - ONE HOT MAMA :)

How much have you lost in the beginning, i fill like i have not lost as fast or as much as others any suggestions

Welcome Velvet !!!

We need a litte more info - see this is your 1st post - when where you banded - what's your starting weight - how much have you lost to date - what are you eating - are you exercising...

You weight loss will depend on your bmi - your eating and exercise - but most of all know that this isn't a race - some have very good metabolisms - and some work extra hard to get their weight off

Good afternoon all - Welcome Rose, Happy Birthday Indigo (Janet), Long - wow, you have to feel great looking at those pics. Welcome Velvet. Doing pretty good today so far. It's Saturday, one of my favorite pig out days - not this Saturday :thumbup: Nothing much too report, last day of full liquids and tomorrow - on to mushies. I'm looking forward on progressing on, but to tell the truth, I actually think I was starting to adjust to liquids. The Soups have been a god sent - even though I had to blend them up until they were like Water. However, blending doesn't change contents so I've been able to get somewhere near satisfied. Still struggling with Water. I've tried Crystal Light but my problem is I've never been much on sugar free products - even those with artificial sweetner. I'm working on it. Haven't started exercising yet - for a while I haven't had the strength to do much but go to work and come home. Pretty sedentary life. A mini goal for this week is to walk on treadmill at least 2-3X week. Eventually I'll learn how to add this ticker tracker to my post and begin to track any losses. Right now, I'm just trying to continue to follow my eating instructions; which that in and of itself has been challenging. I finally removed all my bandaids from the various incision areas. They seem to be healing ok - itchy. I have doc appt Monday morning so I'm hoping my doc and his staff will approve of my progress so far. I am, cause I haven't gotten sick yet and for the most part have followed the liquid diet plan - though I did have some flavored milk and some high calorie (blended) Soups. For me that is good, because I'm almost certain if I didn't have the band, I would have eaten a whole hog by now :lol: Oh wel enough out of me, I hope everyone has a great day and another pound or two less.

I understand how you feel Rose looking at everyone else's numbers. I wish I was there too - but I guess I have to do what they do, which is why I make checkin in here part of my plan - get encouragement and much needed support.

Good luck with your doctors appointment Sharaon on Monday. Yes I agree that these support group is a great help to keep up the motivation that we need for this journey.

Long --- great JOB wow what a difference.

Can I ask all of you at what weight loss did people start noticing changes in your body. I am not sure if it hurts when people that you have not seen in awhile don't notice or don't say anything. Some people will say you look difference did you do something? But they are not sure what it is. I do feel it alittle in my clothes but not a huge difference. Well I am off to ride my stationary bike for 45 min. Have a great day everyone

MRose, people didn't start noticing my weight loss until I had lost at least 40 lbs and then it was more like, 'did you cut your hair? ' or something looks different comments. It was probably closer to 50 before I got comments about wow you are losing weight. I think it was because I started out so large. Also to lose that first clothing size I had to lose a lot more weight than I do now. Probably 20-30 lbs to drop a size and now it's closer to 10 or 15. I guess at the larger size it took more to lose a percentage of weight, etc.

I just took my monthly measurements today. Most areas went down at least a half inch but my butt and thighs went down a whole inch. I was ecstatic about that as they have been losing the slowest. Those and my calves. I have the hugest calves. Many times I can't get into the smaller size jeans because I can't get my calves through the legs. And they seem hard I suppose I have big muscles there from carrying all the weight around.

Good Morning Gang !!!

I got up late this morning - 6:28 a.m. but was at the gym at 7 a.m and did 4 miles this morning !!!! My normal is 3 miles but last night I had the rest of my seafood Pasta and then an very small real ice cone (cookies & cream - gs brought it home :tt2:) so since I ate the Pasta and had that ice cream I thought I needed the extra mile :eek: - Just paid bills :thumbup: and now am sorta broke - but gotta say I loved my car gas bill only 96 for 2 cars - it was quadrupal that a few months ago..

Plus I had xmas bills to pay off :lol:

Good afternoon all - Welcome Rose, Happy Birthday Indigo (Janet), Long - wow, you have to feel great looking at those pics. Welcome Velvet. Doing pretty good today so far. It's Saturday, one of my favorite pig out days - not this Saturday :thumbup: Nothing much too report, last day of full liquids and tomorrow - on to mushies. I'm looking forward on progressing on, but to tell the truth, I actually think I was starting to adjust to liquids. The Soups have been a god sent - even though I had to blend them up until they were like Water. However, blending doesn't change contents so I've been able to get somewhere near satisfied. Still struggling with Water. I've tried Crystal Light but my problem is I've never been much on sugar free products - even those with artificial sweetner. I'm working on it. Haven't started exercising yet - for a while I haven't had the strength to do much but go to work and come home. Pretty sedentary life. A mini goal for this week is to walk on treadmill at least 2-3X week. Eventually I'll learn how to add this ticker tracker to my post and begin to track any losses. Right now, I'm just trying to continue to follow my eating instructions; which that in and of itself has been challenging. I finally removed all my bandaids from the various incision areas. They seem to be healing ok - itchy. I have doc appt Monday morning so I'm hoping my doc and his staff will approve of my progress so far. I am, cause I haven't gotten sick yet and for the most part have followed the liquid diet plan - though I did have some flavored milk and some high calorie (blended) Soups. For me that is good, because I'm almost certain if I didn't have the band, I would have eaten a whole hog by now :thumbup: Oh wel enough out of me, I hope everyone has a great day and another pound or two less.

I understand how you feel Rose looking at everyone else's numbers. I wish I was there too - but I guess I have to do what they do, which is why I make checkin in here part of my plan - get encouragement and much needed support.

Sharon - I didn't start exercising till after my 1st post op visit if I remember correctly and then it was 4 or 5 times a week but like only 1 miles those first few weeks - that was so long ago - I would have to pull out my food diaires to see what I did

Ok got my books - 7/30 30 minutes 1.5 miles and here's what I ate that day Protein Drink 70 c 15 pt - oatmeal 130 c 5 pt - 1/2 c refried Beans 130 c 6 pt - v8 35 c - 1 pt - 4 oz fish 130 c 27 pt- 1/2 c mash tato 75 c 4 pt (skim milk) - Peanut Butter 100 c 5 pt - pudding 60 c 2 pt = 730 calories and 65 Protein

Yep if you want the numbers - you gotta walk the walk and do the work and you will get them !!!

Good luck with your doctors appointment Sharaon on Monday. Yes I agree that these support group is a great help to keep up the motivation that we need for this journey.

Long --- great JOB wow what a difference.

Can I ask all of you at what weight loss did people start noticing changes in your body. I am not sure if it hurts when people that you have not seen in awhile don't notice or don't say anything. Some people will say you look difference did you do something? But they are not sure what it is. I do feel it alittle in my clothes but not a huge difference. Well I am off to ride my stationary bike for 45 min. Have a great day everyone

Rose

I really can't say when pple noticed - my gs who lives with me saw me everyday and he never really commented on my loss - I guess cuz he loves me no matter what - but I think that pple noticed after about 2 months - and again it will depend where you carry your weight - mostly they won't notice til you get new clothes in smaller sizes - and some pple won't say anything at all...

Don't let pple not saying anything about your weight loss affect you - you aren't doing this for them - you are doing it for you - and if you use the excuse - oh well aunt jenny didn't notice I lost 20 lbs - so I guess I might as well eat that candy bar - what's the use... Don't go there...

Oh - I saw my commercial on t.v. last night - they really didn't do it like I thought they would - it's almost like a commercial for the station's health section and doctors - weight loss surgery they show a pic of doc bobby talking (but you don't here his words) then the couple's before pic and them dancing - then the other lady throwing her big pants awat - then my before pic and then me standing there talking (but again not hearing my voice but the voice of the commercial saying - go to their homepage to check out the doctor) I look ok - you can see the diff between the before and after - but you don't here me talking - ... and the one guy who filled with us didn't even make the commercial ..

Well need to go fold clothes and do my weekly food shopping so I will cbl - have a great Saturday ..

MRose, people didn't start noticing my weight loss until I had lost at least 40 lbs and then it was more like, 'did you cut your hair?' or something looks different comments. It was probably closer to 50 before I got comments about wow you are losing weight. I think it was because I started out so large. Also to lose that first clothing size I had to lose a lot more weight than I do now. Probably 20-30 lbs to drop a size and now it's closer to 10 or 15. I guess at the larger size it took more to lose a percentage of weight, etc.

I just took my monthly measurements today. Most areas went down at least a half inch but my butt and thighs went down a whole inch. I was ecstatic about that as they have been losing the slowest. Those and my calves. I have the hugest calves. Many times I can't get into the smaller size jeans because I can't get my calves through the legs. And they seem hard I suppose I have big muscles there from carrying all the weight around.

Long my calves were the last place to go down - for the longest they stayed the same - but heck I have always lost weight like I tan (well use to ) head to toes !!!

Long - I am so glad you posted those pictures. You look great, girlfriend! No wonder that hubby of yours is up at 4:00am to Celebrate with you! I know from the stories you have shared with us that he has always seen your beauty, but he must be absolutely overjoyed to see you blossom into this wonderfully confident woman right before his very eyes! Congratulations on your amazing success. You are truly changing your life and I am so happy for you.

I have also decided to save at least one pair of those pre-band jeans!

Janet, thank you...you always make me feel so much better and give me the encouragement I need to make this journey. I just finished riding my stationary bike for 30 minutes and did some free weights. I am also starting to do sit ups. Like I have said you are my inspiratation. I am staying at 1200 cal a day sometimes 1100 I am eating my Protein first.

Janet, thank you...you always make me feel so much better and give me the encouragement I need to make this journey. I just finished riding my stationary bike for 30 minutes and did some free weights. I am also starting to do sit ups. Like I have said you are my inspiratation. I am staying at 1200 cal a day sometimes 1100 I am eating my Protein first.

Rose

Awe you are too kind :0)

Have you been cleared by your doc on the sit ups?? You are what about 6 weeks out - I would check w/them before you do any situps/crunches - you want to make sure that your port site has healed... How it is feeling.

Doing good on food - when is your 1st fill around 2/15 ??

Ok I am getting ready to get out of the house - do my grocery shopping etc - so will cbl:wink: