Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I GOT APPROVED!!! Or so i thought!

Ok so I called my dr. office on Mon. to fuss because as of the 19th it was 3 wks since they were supposed to turn my paperwork in for approval! Well when I spoke to my coordinator she stated that she rcvd my approval that same day! I was so happy I broke down crying and did my little jig! We made my appt to see the dr. on 5/27, and my pre-op the week after and I would get my surgery date at my appt on 5/27! I was so ecstatic! Then the craziest thing happened, I get a call yesterday from my coordinator and she's telling me about the endoscopy or something, then she says,"So yep you've been approved for your (wait for it!) GASTRIC BYPASS!! In my mind I thought "Aww naw, hell naw! Boy ya'll done up and done it!" But I politely said excuse me? This heffa repeated herself! I calmly explained that I did not, and do not want the GB. She started telling me that Medicaid doesn't pay for the fills( I already knew that!) She was basically talking to me as if I couldn't possible afford to pay for a fill! So me trying to be nice, I explained to her that I do not want that. She again tried to convince me to talk to the dr. and see if he could basically convince me to get GB! She said if after my appt. I still wanted the band she would call in and have MA change it. I was so mad I just agreed! Then I called my mom and told her she told me to call my aunt who had RNY. I called my aunt and she screamed at me DON'T DO IT! She says there are too many complications(well duh!) Then I called 2 other friends who had GB, one said don't do it, the other said the surgery had been worth all the sickness she is currently having and the Iron IV's she takes 2 times a week.

So basically after these conversations, I called the coordinator back and firmly told her, I DO NOT WANT GB, I WENT TO THE LAPBAND SEMINAR, I HAVE RESEARCHED THE LAPBAND;I CAN AFFORD A FILL AND I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND! After that she was like... ok(with slight attitude) if that's what I wanted she would contact MA and try to have it changed! I am now so anxious! I had an anxiety attack last night just thinking about it! How dare she assume that because I have MA, I couldn't possibly afford adjustments! I have worked my whole life, paid into the system and I'm now trying to say my life. I made sure to try and cover all bases during this phase of my life, I have MA to have this life saving surgery! I do not intended to spend my whole life w/ MA, I start back to teaching in Aug and hopefully some of my tax dollars will go to help some other single mother w/o insurance who is basically dying on her feet! I'm sorry I'm ranting but I'm so upset! Please guys keep me in your prayers and I will do the same! I could really use some encouragement right now before I, in the words of Tanisha from the Bad girls club"POP OFF!! LOL"

I know this may sound contrite, but God is in control. I truly do believe when we feel like just throwing up our hands and giving up, we've probably already won the battle!

Ok so I called my dr. office on Mon. to fuss because as of the 19th it was 3 wks since they were supposed to turn my paperwork in for approval! Well when I spoke to my coordinator she stated that she rcvd my approval that same day! I was so happy I broke down crying and did my little jig! We made my appt to see the dr. on 5/27, and my pre-op the week after and I would get my surgery date at my appt on 5/27! I was so ecstatic! Then the craziest thing happened, I get a call yesterday from my coordinator and she's telling me about the endoscopy or something, then she says,"So yep you've been approved for your (wait for it!) GASTRIC BYPASS!! In my mind I thought "Aww naw, hell naw! Boy ya'll done up and done it!" But I politely said excuse me? This heffa repeated herself! I calmly explained that I did not, and do not want the GB. She started telling me that Medicaid doesn't pay for the fills( I already knew that!) She was basically talking to me as if I couldn't possible afford to pay for a fill! So me trying to be nice, I explained to her that I do not want that. She again tried to convince me to talk to the dr. and see if he could basically convince me to get GB! She said if after my appt. I still wanted the band she would call in and have MA change it. I was so mad I just agreed! Then I called my mom and told her she told me to call my aunt who had RNY. I called my aunt and she screamed at me DON'T DO IT! She says there are too many complications(well duh!) Then I called 2 other friends who had GB, one said don't do it, the other said the surgery had been worth all the sickness she is currently having and the Iron IV's she takes 2 times a week.

So basically after these conversations, I called the coordinator back and firmly told her, I DO NOT WANT GB, I WENT TO THE LAPBAND SEMINAR, I HAVE RESEARCHED THE LAPBAND;I CAN AFFORD A FILL AND I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND! After that she was like... ok(with slight attitude) if that's what I wanted she would contact MA and try to have it changed! I am now so anxious! I had an anxiety attack last night just thinking about it! How dare she assume that because I have MA, I couldn't possibly afford adjustments! I have worked my whole life, paid into the system and I'm now trying to say my life. I made sure to try and cover all bases during this phase of my life, I have MA to have this life saving surgery! I do not intended to spend my whole life w/ MA, I start back to teaching in Aug and hopefully some of my tax dollars will go to help some other single mother w/o insurance who is basically dying on her feet! I'm sorry I'm ranting but I'm so upset! Please guys keep me in your prayers and I will do the same! I could really use some encouragement right now before I, in the words of Tanisha from the Bad girls club"POP OFF!! LOL"

I totally know how you feel about researching the bypass vs band. I have twin brothers that both had bypass two different types. One had his stomach made smaller the other had the reroute. The one that had the reroute has had really bad dumping syndrome which has put him in the hospital twice for passing out. The other hasn't had any complications and after quick weight loss even got a Tummy Tuck for the skin hanging and causing a hernia. So I had seen them and everything they went threw and felt the band was a lot less drastic and removable if any complications. The bypass is FOREVER and that scared me. If the band is what you want then you fight for it. You can find a great fill doctor in your area just be careful who you choose. I have a bandster girl that is in my support group that had a doctor put her band in at UCI in LA and was having fills done by him threw her insurance. She lost her job and lost her insurance and he wanted to charge her 1000.00 for a 3 min fill that is with SALINE!!!!!!! CRAZY so that is what he had been charging the ins. co. So she now goes with me to my Dr. in Mexico that charges 150.00 for a fill and he uses the gel saline that is a lot stronger for a fill. The other crazy thing is her port was side ways and she kept getting fills from them and they said she was at 5cc and did not use the floro machine which is like an x ray. They just put the fill in and that was it. When my Dr. went to take out the Fluid in her band........there was nothing in it!!! They were putting the needle in and not poking it into the port because it was tilted and putting the saline into her body.........but charging 1000.00 each time!!! Now she is at 5cc and says she can REALLY fill it now. She has had great weight loss. So just make sure you find a doctor that cares for his patients not just in it for his Mansion payment. Good luck girl!!! It is so worth it to finally get the help to loose the weight. I love my BAND!!:crying:

...in the words of Tanisha from the Bad girls club"POP OFF!! LOL"

Pop off son, pop off son!

Naw I'm just kidding. Don't let them get the best of you. You told them to change it and just keep on them to make sure they are doing the changes. They shouldn't have the decision to decide which surgery to do. If you look on the bright side at least she told you now instead of in the recovery room. LOL