Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can't get motivated.

Laura, that is exactly what I do. I tell myself just walk in and do a little something and pretty soon I am doing a complete workout.That is the same thing about walking. If I just put on my walking shoes my dog knows we are going to the park and then she just goes nuts and I can't disappoint her. I always play little games on myself like if I don't want to clean house I just tell myself that I am getting unexpected company and I better just tidy up a bit. The next thing I know I have the rock and roll blarring and I am running the vacume. Hey, whatever it takes. Becky

I'm going to jump in here with a different point of view. Banded on 4/10 with a wgt. loss of 31 lbs is quite a lot for a body to adjust to in such a short period of time.

Give yourself time to adjust, and start out working out say in another week or so, but do set a time, a plan, and a goal!

Good luck! You're doing great!

Hello Penny, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. You really touched a cord in me and I feel uplifted. Best wishes to you. Becky

Well ---so far so good. I have managed to do at least something every day even if it's only a little. The trainer at the gym told me something the other day that I have found helpful. She said having good days and bad days is part of being a human being and it's OK to be a human being. She said that there will be days that I won't feel so good ---that I'll be weaker---or tired. She said that she is a physical fitness nut and she still has plenty of days she isn't up to a full routine. On those days it's OK to cut back a little (but still do something).

Yesterday was 1 of those days for me. I'm struggling with a very painful dental problem this week. I just feet tired. cranky and and very low energy. I had been at the gym the day before and I was embarrassed because I only had the strength to do 1 set (out of 2 sets) of the very light weight lifting routine that was set-up for me. I also could only do 20 mins of the 30 mins of cardio part of the program. For a minute, I thought ---"oh, I'll skip the gym." Then I thought about what the trainer said and I thought more about my "resistance" to going to the gym. I decided to do SOMETHING even though I felt like doing NOTHING. I decided to go out and just make sure my pedometer was set correctly. I measured out .5 miles with my car and then got out and walked up and back to my car (1 mile). It wasn't right so I walked another half miles to get it right. Other days I can walk 3 miles and feel fine but I gave myself permission to do the 1.5 I was still tired but I did notice that I sort of enjoyed it a little and I did feel proud of myself for not just blowing off exercise that day.

As I'm thinking about all of this today -- I'm wonder if part of my tiredness and resistance to going to the gym yesterday was because I was embarrassed and a bit demoralized when I needed to quit in front of several younger and physically fit people who were around me at the gym.

I ought to know better than that type of stinkin' thinkin' at my age! They are NOT concerned with me! They are there for there own health! If they even noticed they probably thought "look at that heavy older lady trying to take care of herself --- that's cool" And if any of them were looking down on me --- then why should I care about what someone like that would think in the first place.

the gym is closed for the holiday today but I'll go back tomorrow. Now I'm heading up to a little local tourist town about a half hour drive from my home. I'm going to do a brisk walk around the town and stop at the local lake. I'll stop in at Subway and get a salad with tuna for lunch.

Come on gang! Let' do this for US(!!!) because we want our lives back ----Because we are sick and tired of being sick and tired!!

Don't let it get you down. Sure, diet and exercise will boost weightloss and even make for a better body and lifestyle...however,

the lapband system was designed to work without diet and exercise.

You are not alone! Just tinker around with different types of exercises, walk if nothing else. I've not ever exercised and don't plan on it either. (everyone is different)

Let me rephrase before I get flamed,

I'm disabled and can't move large muscle groups.... does that mean I'm doomed? Of course not!

I do some walking when I can, I 'move'...but not a gym, personal trainer, or equipment.

WOW Penny......you go girl!! Thanks for the pep talk....I needed it today. I am heading out for my walk in the park with my doggie, Lola. Becky

Hey Penny.....quit calling yourself a little old lady....heck, I am 2 years older than you and I don't feel like a little old lady.....We're fabulous fifties! Becky

I did something that I always wanted to do and that is take dance, I took a hip hop class and I am 49. I had always wanted to do dance and I finally did it and was in the recital at the end of the year. I get alot of excercise from that plus this summer I will be taking belly dancing. I have a hard time making it to the gym plus I don't like to go in the area where the weights are because there are so many guys, but I have decided to get back into the swing and make myself do it starting now.:unsure:

WOW

You guys really know how to motivate. I have not been on here in awhile and maybe this is just what i needed. I just hate to exercise and am thinking about getting a Wiifit. I have a gym membership and love to go when i do go. Thanks again. pam

These guys motivate me so much I have been walking at least 2 miles every day some days up to 5 miles :thumbup: It's becoming easier I do it in spurts throughout the day and it's actually really energizing I feel sore after but really motivated. :tt2:

I have the Wii Fit and it's the best investment I have made, I was even thinking of canceling my gym membership. It teaches you yoga then there is aerobics. I come home every day and do at least 30 to 60 minutes. I did the running course yesterday, plus you earn points to get move things. I have truely been motivated since I made the purchase. Now if I could get the right fill I will be on my way.

Also I joined weight watchers with my niece it was to help her to get healthy so with all these things hopefully it will get me back on track.

WOW, Marie I was thinking about joining a gym but maybe I will look into the Wii Fit. Do you need alot of room? I have just a small den where my t.v. is. How much does it cost? Becky

You don't need alot of room for most of the excersises they are done on and off the board. You run in place and others you need the length of your body, for the push ups ( 3feet around the board) would be plenty. The cost for the board and game are $89.99 and I'm sure they will be adding more in the future. Then if you don't have the system that will cost $249.00.Hope you enjoy the experience as much as I do.

It is difficult to get up off the couch and get started but my husband and daughter bought me a new IPOD for Mother's Day and I have loaded some sings with great beats and just make my way to the treadmill.........I can't sit down to do something beforehand or I never make it to the exercise plan. I can fill my body slowly toning up and remembering where the muscles are..........it is a good feeling. I just hate the sweat!!! (I know, I know it's good for me!!)