Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have any good low carb recipes or food items that are quick and satisfying?

I'm getting so burned out on all the things that are staples for me cause they're quick, easy and mostly cheap. Anyone have some tasty ideas for me? Thanks

I take split chicken breastseason with mrs dash, brown them, remove the skin and brown again.( I hate touching raw chicken...lol) Then I throw it in a crock-pot and throw in a jar of Walmart Brand Black Bean and White Corn Salsa, turn it on high and its done in a few hours. Its so tender and juicy. Yummy...

I also do the same with the chicken and instead of salsa, I add a tiny amount of Water and Franks Red hot sauce.

I then measure out my TBS of Blue cheese Dressing and add more Franks Red Hot Sauce and have my version of hot wings.

* I don't do the bleu cheese often because of the fat content. I prefer the light and not Fat Free because I do want to enjoy the little amount I eat and I do account for it.

I just love the BumbleBee Sundried Tomato and Basil Tuna... Its sooo good. You can buy a 5 oz. peel lid and a 3 oz. that also comes with 5 Ritz crackers. I have to divide both portions because I cannot eat even 3 oz. and my boys eat the Ritz Crackers.

I hope you enjoy these.

Both of those sound really yummy. Thank you. Can't believe I haven't seen that tuna before. I will definately grab some as soon as I find it. And I'm going to Wal-Mart today so the salsa is on the list. Thanks.

chicken noodle Soup, get an egg and just scramble the egg in a bowl, then bout it in the Soup to cook ,put it in the soup in different sections, you can also put some cabage or chinese bacchoy vege in it.

Plain yogurt, stir jarrah light chocolate through it, i like the white chocolate best.

Low cal biscuts broken up and put through natural yogurt.

Chicken noodle Soup, get an egg and just scramble the egg in a bowl, then bout it in the soup to cook ,put it in the soup in different sections, you can also put some cabage or chinese bacchoy vege in it.

Ohhhh, yummy! Sounds like egg drop soup and it sounds delicious. Thanks.

Boy do I know my low-carb recipes! (Too bad I could never stick to the low-carb diet for long enough to keep off the weight!) =)

Before I start listing a ton of things, are you doing Atkins style or South Beach style? I'm asking because most of my low-carb recipes are high on the fat side.

Boy do I know my low-carb recipes! (Too bad I could never stick to the low-carb diet for long enough to keep off the weight!) =)

Before I start listing a ton of things, are you doing Atkins style or South Beach style? I'm asking because most of my low-carb recipes are high on the fat side.

I don't really know the difference. But I'm not overly concerned with the fat at this point. I just really want to keep the carbs low and then when I get a hang of that I'll worry about reducing the fat. Thank you.

Alright then, if fat content is not an issue, I can give you a low-carb pizza recipe that will blow your mind. The crust is made out of egg, parmesan cheese, and (hmmmm, is that it?) Can't remember exactly but you can pick it up like a real pizza, it doesn't taste "eggy" AND it will probably go down super easy for us banders. (Adds "find recipe" to my list of things to do today.)

Anything that you deep fried in breading before, can be deep fried with flaxseed and egg and parmesan cheese. Oh my gosh, it sounds gross but honestly, I'd rather have that than real floured breading. You can use flaxseed for salmon cakes, chicken tenders, fried mozzarella sticks, even as the breading in meatloaf!

One of my favorite low-carb sweet treats was half a cup of cottage cheese, one packet of splenda, and a Jello cup. It was low-cal, low-carb, sweet, and filling and it looked/tasted like a parfait!

I think I'm going to low-carb this summer while I'm off school and can exercise really regularly. I'd like to drop a significant amount of weight in the two months I'm off so a lot of people will notice the loss when I go back in early August.

Keep this thread bumped and I'll keep adding to it. A great site for low-carb recipes is LowCarbFriends, by the way.

That sounds really yummy! Plus, I just bought some flax seed and was going to use it in my low cal oatmeal Cookies but thought it might not go so I had no idea what I was gonna do with it. Woo hoo - meat loaf! Thanks Gibson!

By the way, I made that Salsa chicken that Blessed mentioned above. It was to die for! I did it basically the same but used some different spices to brown it and simmered it in a dutch oven on the stove instead of the crockpot. Goodness!

I'm doing the low-carb thing too, and here's a bunch of stuff I keep handy.

String cheese (with 2 or 3 mini rice cakes for crunch)

Cottage cheese (with 1 T. of Fiber One yogurt)

tuna - mix with 1 T mayo & 1 oz cheddar cheese and nuke for 30 sec.

Salmon Pinwheels - find them at Target, with crab filling. Yummo!

Bags and bags of "steam in the bag" frozen veggies - I toss them with a little butter & feta cheese crumbles and eat 1 cup almost every night.

Lettuce wraps - wrap turkey or ham and provolone cheese in a lettuce leaf with chopped Tomato and mayo. Delish!

Veggie dips - raw yellow pepper strips, cucumber and baby carrots go down really well - with a little sour cream mixed with dill.

Sausage & Cabbage - simmer hunks of polish sausage with chopped cabbage until the cabbage is fork tender.

I also buy a lot of pre-marinated pork loin - just heat and serve w/ veggies. I go to Sam's Club and buy huge bags of frozen chicken breasts and have about 20 low carb chicken recipes I make with them. Here's a few of my family's favs....

1. Marinate chicken in Greek dressing - Saute, then toss with steamed spinach & feta cheese.

2. Coat chicken with a mix of mayo & garlic salt, then roll in parmesan cheese (w/ a spoonful of breadcrumbs tossed in, if you like). Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

3. Marinate chicken in Italian dressing. Saute w/ red & yellow peppers & chopped onion. Toss w/ parmesan cheese. I serve this to my boys over Pasta - but serve mine just with a salad.

Hope a few of these sound yummy!

Dang Becca, those sound so good my mouth is drooling even though I'm stuffed from my Breakfast of Salsa chicken (which I'm renaming Pollo Bendito which means Blessed Chicken) :biggrin2:

Are apples high in carbs?

Sadly, yep. Most fruit is bad but they say I can have fruit of veggie carbs cause they're healthy carbs. I was gonna eat a small pear today but couldn't bring myself to do it since it has 20-25g carbs. :(

One of my favorite things to get are small filet mignon's and have them with scrambled eggs with grated cheese melted in them. I really feel like I'm splurging! I'm also a big tuna person whether it be tuna salad or seared ahi tuna. I have also started making sugar free/fat free Jello instant puddings and keep them in the fridge along with a couple of tablespoons of cool whip. Extra yummy and a good way to satisfy my very persistent sweet tooth.