Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a fill on 04/16 (Help)

I had a fill on Saturday 04/16 and when I got my fill the doctor gave me a .5cc fill, then I go an unfill, checked again and I was still to tight, another unfill, checked again and it was okay so I was left with a .2 fill (now I am at 2.2cc).

I was able to drink liquids okay but yesterday at 3:00 I tried to eat and my second spoon of food just came back, after that I visited the restroom about 4 more time each time coughing and with some food out. When I left on my way home I had that slimy stuff coming out and after that I was foaming, this happened for about an hour. Am I too tight or did I just eat to fast and not chew good enough???? I am afraid to eat because I don’t want to go thru that again.

Any suggestions?? I am back on liquids (tea, Water and Ispopure).

Hi Esmerelda,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hear tell that the first days after a fill are a bit difficult and you have to baby your stomach for a few days. I hear tell further that with the disruption to the stomach and the general trauma can be troublesome for a while...give it a few days of swigging Protein and i'm sure you will be as good as new. I get my first fill on 4/29 and already know that its back to liquids for me. Feel better!

Sounds Like You Had A Bad Pb........... I Would Keep Doing What Your Doing And If It Dosn't Get Any Better I Would Call Your Dr. Good Luck To You And Please Keep Us Posted....

You definitely need to stay on fluids a bit longer, my doctor recommends doing three days of liquid, three days of mushies and then slow with the solids after a fill, I haven't followed his advice with my fills and have regretted it very much. Next fill, I am most definitely following his advice. Hope it works out. As long as you can tolerate fluids, there is no need to panic, give it a couple more days and if you still can't tolerate food, get a hold of your doc for a slight unfill.

After that episode on Sunday I was scared to eat so I went back on liquids for another half a day and yesterday I did Soup in the morning and for dinner I went to Pollo loco and had a chopped chicken salad (it has chicken, rice, Beans, lettuce and salsa) and I could,nt even eat half. I really do feel full with very little food. I am doing alot better, Sunday just wasnt a good day for me.

Esmeralda - Glad to hear you are doing better! Be careful on the rice though, it has a tendacy to swell up after we eat it and some bansters do have trouble with it.

Thats what I ate on Suday when I had that BP episode, my chicken bowl hardly had any but I picked out the chicken and the Beans, I did put some of there watery salsa just to make it moist! I am realy watching it because that was a scary feeling.

Im glad ur feeling better honey and with all that retriction, u should drop a few pounds with a quickness!! :)

I don't know bandit, I got a fill 2 weeks ago and only dropped a 1-2 lbs, and I can hardly eat anything that will stay down. I couldn't even get a milkshake to stay down today. I'm considering getting some taken out Thursday, I'm sooooo tired of pbing.

I am doing good, I really notice the difference in the amount of food I can eat. Today I had 2 bites of toast and about 4 spoons of oatmeal and that was it, I was really full.

I have been able to drink my liquids like I am suppose to but when I eat and my stomache is full I feel like I am going to throw up and that is with very little food. I have not felt like I did on Sunday so I think it was the chewing and the big bite!

Thanks everyone for your quick response and for caring!