Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something disturbing happened last night, and I want to share it with you all. Warning...this may be a long post.

I was asleep in bed, and it was about 10:45 pm. I got a private phone call (*67). It was a woman. She asked me if I was Joan F., and I said yes. She asked me if I was Joan F. who lived on my street name, and I said yes. (It sounded like a middle aged or older lady.) She said her name was Betsy, and she was calling because she wanted to let me know her nephew was spying on some of the local neighbors, and I was one of them.

She said her nephew was back from the war, and has surveillence equipment. She told me he has naked pictures of me. She said she wanted to call because she said that I ought to know about it. Mind you, during this time I was kind of in shock, and I was like...What??? I asked her where she lived. She asked me if I would tell the authorities if she told me, and I said no. I said I just wanted to know so I could protect myself. Then she hung up.

Well...I got on the phone first thing and called 911. After that, I called my husband, who was at his friends house. He was already on his way home at that time. The police came, and are doing an investigation, and in the meanwhile I am kind of a wreck. The worst part of the story is that the phone company says that they can't retreive the number that called me because I called 911, and another number. They said that I should have called the number *57 right after the phone call. I guess that is the only way they can retrieve it. If anyone has any information that can help me, please share it.

In the best of circumstances, this could have been a prank-although an evil one. In the worst...some creep has naked photos of me and is spying on me. In the meanwhile I would like to remind all of the really cool women and men on this board that you should never take your privacy for granted-because I did.

Joan

Call the phone company and ask for a private call block. This does not allow private calls to your house unless they identify their phone # to you.

Maybe it is just me but hell, if some guy wants naked pics of me right now I would actually feel flattered because I can barely stand to look at myself! This of course is being said in jest and in no way do I mean to diminish the violation that has occurred.

Unfortunately, it is correct. Unless you had done an auto call back or had that caller ID privacy block there is not much they can do (I am a police officer too). My recommendation is to change your curtains to something that is not see through. Also to make sure your doors/windows are locked at night. Most peeping toms will not re offend where it is not easy or available to view. And I don't know if it makes you feel better, but generally voyeuristic style offenders are non violent.

I am wondering... whose name is listed in the phone book? You or hubby? That might lend a clue if it was your name. Also, do some of your own detective work to find out who has a nephew home from the war around your neighborhood? If they don't call back, I would chalk it up as a prank and not dwell on it. But it is a terrible thing to imagine so I would just try and assume the best case scenario.

Oh Joan! I cannot imagine how you feel! I had my car broken into and I felt terribly violated, I cannot imagine the scale of something like this.

Gosh Joan, what a horrible feeling... (((hugs)))

When I was a teen there was a guy that I became friends with that was a little on the weird side. One night I was sitting in my room with my window open, listening to my music. I got the funnist feeling that I was being watched. When I turned to the window, I saw him peeking in.

Either was I think it stinks. Is there any reason you can think someone would pull a prank call on you? If it wasn't a prank I have to commend the women on calling you, she is probably very afraid. How did she get your phone # are you listed and is your address listed with your number in the phone book? Such and invasion of privacy, do you really think someone could of gotten pictures like that? Like I said earlier either way it stinks

What a creepy thing to happen! I agree, keep your windows and doors locked and the curtains closed! Hopefully this was a crank call, but in today's times we just never know. Please keep us posted!

I ask the same question as Shamrock -

1. How did she know your name how is it listed in the phone directory??

2. Is your house number and street address listed there also??

I hate to think that there is someone actually really stalking you and others like that it's pretty scary.

Since she says she is a neighbor I would start checking around for a Betty with my closest neighbors and see if anyone else got a call like that or knows her.

Take extra precautions you just never know.. ;)

There was a thing on dateline last week or mayby 20/20 with a similar stalker who was photographing women thru their windows. Bet it's a sick prank--copycat thing.

Hugs for you--must be terrible to get a call like that!