Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Cold Feet

Day 3--What are these gurgly sounds???? (I am not hungry, but I make sure I am getting liquids in..)

So nice to hear from all of you...no regrets with my decision! The abdomen is stiff and sore. Duh! When does that go away?

Day 3--What are these gurgly sounds???? (I am not hungry, but I make sure I am getting liquids in..)

So nice to hear from all of you...no regrets with my decision! The abdomen is stiff and sore. Duh! When does that go away?

jb I didn't even notice the date when I 1st reply - dumb me - I should know better :0)

The sounds are just your system recovering and digesting your liquids.

I was feeling better good day 3 - day 4 washed the patio down - did things slowly but was up - I was back to work day 6 -

Port site hurt the longest - couple 3 weeks if I remember correctly - by the time you are 9 1/2 months out you will forget - just like a having babies - you remembered it hurt - but not how much...

I just think about pants size 8---you are our cheerleader!

(Clean the patio??? I don't think so!!)

If I can do it anyone can - I haven't been an 8 since my early 20's..

This is the 1st time in all my years of dieting that I have made it to goal

My trainer is so very proud of me and it's great having someone who was a complete stranger a couple of months ago - telling me how good I am doing - If you can afford it - I highly suggest that you look into getting one once you have healed - muscle burns more calories just being than fat does -

I took a hose and washed off the paitio - no great work - it just felt good to be outside. I had company come to visit me that Friday (day 4) so the house had to look good :biggrin:

Hi. Judy: Well, I go in tomorrow for my band surgery. I'm excited and nervous about the whole thing. I know I have to do this for my health, so it makes it a little easier. I have 75 pounds to loss. I have lost weight over and over, but I can not keep it off. At 51 I have health problems from my weight. My legs are sore all the time too. I have a lot of things I would like to do yet and do not want to die young because of food. I get to retire at 55 and would like to travel. I want to be able to walk. Hang in there and good luck

ja--wishing you a safe and speedy surgery and recovery. We are all rooting for you. I too only (only!) have 85 to lose, but I knew 185 could be around the corner--my mantra is--Who am I Kidding?? So my band is partially preventative. It is a nice feeling to know that diabetes is now probably NOT in my future!

Also, I am ready to be cute again!! haha--it will have to be 56-year -old-lady-cute, but I am tired of being matronly! It just does not match my insides. I retired at age 52 and I cannot begin to tell you how great it is! You will have lots of energy for travel--maybe you'll come to FL one day!

Follow your doc's order to the T. It will be so worth it. I just read a post from someone 2 days out of surgery and is asking permission on this board to have mashed potatoes. I feel compassion for that person, but we just have to suck it up! I am hungry too, on Clear liquids for one week, one more to go--bandster hell, remember? We are worth it! And I've lost 21.5 lbs. in 3 weeks.

I want to hear the same success from you! God bless and I will look for you.

judy

Ja, I would have sworn that I wrote what your did. Everything you said is the same for me. My surgery is friday and I hope your surgery goes well.

How did your surgery go? Remember the key to feeling better is to walk around and get fresh air. Then rest.

Hope it went well...

Tessa1

I made it through and yes I had some 2nd thoughts on thursday but friday I was calm and looking forward to gettig the weight off.

I will say the hospital staff was only so so. I had the compression legs on but nobody connected them. I had to ask twice to have somebody help me up (disconnect the wires). I was in a room by 11:30am after recovery and didn't start walking till 4pm. I was due to be discharged at 7pm. And only at 6pm did anyone ask how much I had to drink. I was kinda glad not to stay overnight. Doing okay just feeling more discomfort than pain. Have my pain meds though. Hopefully everyone is doing great.

Hi Judy, the decision must be yours. I am 54 yrs old and have had a weight problem ALL OF MY LIFE! At the age of 23 I lost 68 lbs in one year by starving myself and got down to the lowest I have ever weighed in my adult life "180". At age 25 I found love and got married. Ahh....contentment! I put the weight back on plus until my husband became ill with pancreatic cancer. At that time I weighed in at 293 lbs and three months later when he died I weighed 243 lbs. I was 41 years old and alone. Four years later I met a wonderful man to whom I am now married. When I married him, I weighed in at 273 lbs. We have been happily married now for seven years. Remember...contentment? Three weeks ago I weighed in at 334 lbs. During my two weeks pre-op I lost 16 lbs. I had LB surgery last Monday, May 19, 2008 and as of today I have lost three more pounds for a total of 19 pounds. There I just gave you my life in a few words. I don't know about yours Judy but when I look back, my weight kept me from enjoying manying things. I am tired of making excuses and sitting back while everyone else partakes. What time I have left on this earth I am going to live it to the fullest! My motto and you can make this yours:

NEW HOPE. NEW CONFIDENCE. NEW LIFE.

By the way, surgery was a snap. Nothing to it. I never threw up, no gas pains, nothing. Just felt like I over exercised my stomach muscles. Good luck in whatever you decide and know that I will always be available if you would like to talk more on a one to one.:biggrin:

If you go to the first message of this thread, you will see ME as the author. Well, I conquered the confusion and anxiety as--

I just got home from the hospital! day 2 and I feel like I did 9495448 situps.

More to come.

Judy who is now in The Band! (I want to name my band and so far, all I can think of is Phillip----fill up?)

That is funny that you named your band. Me and another woman who had the lapband surgery done last week named our bands. Hers is Lily and mine is Loooooosssssiiieee...LOL By the way I am 54 and I am so happy that I was banded and would advise anyone who is looking to do it .....DO IT!!!

If the request for update is for me--

I am fabulous! And you will feel the same way. I have lost 48 since the beginning of this journey, off of BP meds, and feeling great! I have gone from a 20 to a 12. Of course, I am exercising daily which helps. I have had 2 fills and though learning not only WHAT to eat, but HOW to eat is an omnipresent challenge, it is possible to succeed. I wish the same for everyone.

No regrets. None. Not one. Not even a little bit.

JB,

I'm glad you posted. I always wonder after a while how some people are doing. You were before me in May and you have done wonderfully. Size 12 I can only dream.....

I'm hoping to get my approval and surgery date next week. It is so nice to see everyone support each other. You have all done so well and give me so much hope that I can do as well as you! I have 100 pounds to lose and I'm looking forward to being able to do things with my family again. I have a VERY sedentary job.......I literally do NOTHING but answer the phone and monitor a security system, so I can't even get up and walk around. I spend most of my time surfing the web. How much work do you think I'll miss when I get banded? I'm hoping to have my surgery on a Thursday and be back to work on Monday. Does that sound possible? Thanks.