Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Becky~

After the first 3-4 days I found no need for the pain meds---I did take one at night occasionally....but have not had any in several days. As soon as I was off the narcotic pain meds, and had my drain tubes removed, he give me the ok to drive.

My incision runs from my hip bone on an angle down to my pubic bone, across, and then angles back up to the other hip bone, and then my belly button is a circular incision---for lack of a better word.

Today I went to a sale at JC Penney's and bought some pants (capri's) that might stay up--and with bandages and everything the 12's fit with ease, and a 10 was snug with all my binding and what have you. I was shocked!! I will be in an easy 10 when this is said and done. I actually bought 2 pair in a size 12 and 2 pair in a size 10---different materials etc.

I was doing little happy dances in the dressing rooms--well as much dancing as I am doing so far!!! I did walk through the mall for a ways, and had no problems at all.

My drainage is way down for today----yay!!!

Going to try to walk through part of a carnival and watch my grandkids have fun tonight----but coming home early to bed. I do not want to over do and set myself back. So far so good, and want to keep it that way!!!

I have noticed towards evening I begin to swell....my compression binder seems much tighter in the evening. I have read of others swelling like that at night so figure it is normal.

Have also been fighting off the sneezes again today! Sooner or later it is bound to happen, I am working to make it later!!!

Kat

Kat,

I am amazed at how quickly you rebounded from this surgery and you sound so happy and excited -- Congratulations!!!

Don't go too crazy on clothes right now because if you can fit into a 10 snugly now even with the swelling and compression garments, you might actually drop down to an 8 by the time you are completely healed.

Congrats on all the successes Kat! Glad you are feeling so well and are able to do fun things... bet you look great in your new capris. Very much looking forward to seeing your pics.... bet you look fantastic!

I cannot even wrap my head around the idea of me in single digit sizes!!!

I had a great day yesterday! The drainage is continuing, but he said to expect it to, it is remaining the same, no change in color or tenderness etc. It is extremely annoying though. I cannot wait for it to be finished, and just allow myself to heal!

Went with my kids, and my best friend and her family to the little town celebration we are having where I live. We took our grandkids to the local carnival. My DH and the kids were all there, so I did no lifting, nothing but laugh and take pictures of the grandkids having so much fun!

By the time we come home, I was tired. I had been out shopping, and to dinner, and to walk around amongst the vendors and the carnival. I showered, and went straight to bed, and slept like a log! I think that has been part of my problem, with healing, and taking it so easy, I have been doing nothing, so am not sleepy at night. Last night I slept good--because I had actually wore myself out!

Just relaxing this morning, slept in, got up and read the paper.....not getting in a hurry to do much of anything yet! I think my friend and I are taking the kids back to the carnival today. They have a one price arm Bracelet special going today---so we are taking the 3 year olds. She is big enough to get herself on things and off, and I do not have to pick her up or anything----and my friend Becky will be there if she does. It is from 1-5 today, so we will go for a couple hours, and let them enjoy themselves. There are benches around, I can always sit and rest if need be.

Weight dropped yesterday to 175----then today was back at 177. Probably all the salt in the chinese we ate yesterday!! At any rate, I am ok with it, since I have no fill, I am just glad to not see the scale soaring up!!!

Kat

Well I had a nice long post-----and lost it to cyberspace!!

So just a quick note to let you all know....I am well, but going to be MIA for a few days. We are making a quick run to our place in TX. We will be back late Saturday night or Sunday.

Hoping I travel ok!!

Kat

Travelling down was not great, my compression band was really irritating! It is heavy, and it creases, and put pressure right on the ends of my incision! While I was in Texas, I went shopping, and found a firmest control type of high waisted compression he told me I could move to after 2 weeks, and let me tell you it made a HUGE difference!!! It is made of soft sleek material, as opposed to the other that was stiff. I bought 1, to see how it did, and have already been back to buy another! I am allowed to move to less firm control after 4 weeks.....so will see what I do then.

Other than that the trip was uneventful. I was concerned about weight gain! I am on antibiotics---so have to eat 3 meals a day with the pills to avoid making myself sick at my stomach. Since we were there such a short time, we didn't really open up the house much, so did not turn on appliances---so ate out the entire time, or with relatives. But I only come home 2 pounds up, and when the swelling from the heat went away so did the 2 pounds. But that means I am still sitting at 177----time to get busy I guess!!!

I did end up with some infection, which he said was highly common when the fat necrosis begins, due to the moist areas. It was grown and only shows a strept type infection, no staph type grew. It is still oozing, and has some open areas.

My incision is not curved, it is more angled, following the angles of my body. It begins on one hip, and goes down on an angle to the "corner" of the pubic bone, then straight across, way low, right at the pubic hairline, then when it gets to the other side it angles back up to the other hip bone. From the edge of the pubic bone on both sides up to the hip bone it looks awesome! Healed almost invisibly!!! BUT the straight across part looks horrible, oozy, and has a couple of holes in it. He says it is ok, but I am concerned, and looking forward to my appointment Wed. to see if it should still be this way. I want it better!!!

It does not hurt. There is no real pain left. Occasionally I stretch further than before and a muscle twinges, but nothing bad.

I went for a motorcycle ride last night!!! It felt wonderful! Didn't go far, just a maiden voyage since surgery!!! DH said he sure could feel the difference in room on the bike!

My size 12's are still what I am wearing, they are loose enough to be comfy and yet look like they fit.

One of the biggest differences in the compression garments is how my clothes work with them. The old one was made with this ace bandage kind of like texture, so it helped hold up clothes that were too big. The new one being slick----does not!!! Almost lost a pair of pull on capris! I was walking in a store in Brownwood Texas, and felt like the crotch was twisting----nope, they were almost falling off!!! I would have been so mortally embarassed!! LOL!!!

Anyway, gonna go check on the girls coming up!!! Just wanted to let you know, the travelling was fine----I did get my Dr.'s ok first though!!!

Kat

Kat

I am glad to hear traveling went well! I am sorry to hear you got an infection. Did antibiotics work?

I am not happy with my hip either. Mine is crooked. It is only even when I lay down. I hope yours get better! Hugs

Glad your feeling better. It makes sense what your husband says about the room on the bike. I am the same size post op, but look totally different. Congrats and glad your doing well :biggrin:

Hi Kat,

Welcome back!!!! I thought about you several times last week, and hoped you were enjoying yourself -- although I can totally relate to how you felt being away from Internet access.

You are doing SO WELL Kat -- Wow!!! Less than 3 weeks after surgery and you're already riding with DH on a motorcycle? Good for you girl!!

Gosh, 177 for your height is great isn't it? I'm thinking you don't want to lose too much more. I'm sure you're still pretty swollen now too, and once that goes away you will be fitting beautifully into your size tens!

Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday and let us know what the Dr. says!!!

Kat,

Brownwood, Texas? No kidding? My husband is from Brownwood. We still have a little place at the lake there. I've spent a lot of time in that God forsaken place, lol. No really, we've had lots of good times there over the years. Small world isn't it?

As I said on the other thread, I'm so glad that you are doing as well as you are. I know you still have some issues and I hope they clear up soon, but you are just remarkable. You're attitude is great and you are coping so well. I'm really encouraged by your progress and am going to try to be as positive and up beat as you are. I'm anxious to hear about your upcoming doctor's visit. Good luck, Becky

Hey Kat... we are ready for some pictures, pretty please! It sounds like you are doing wonderfully well (yeah for that!!!) and healing beautifully. Such good news! So pictures, please oh please.

I still have not taken a single after shot! I want to do them in the morning, when my swelling is less---but the only one around besides me in the morning is a 3 year old granddaughter!!!

I am also still oozing a little on the bottom of the incision. Although I made an amazing discovery! When it first began with the fat necrosis and the leakage, my PS told me to use an ointment on it, like Triple Antibiotic ointment or first aid cream---to help keep the gauze from sticking as much as anything he said. So I bought the Triple Antibiotic ointment, a double pack at Walmart, and used it as directed by the Dr. changing my bandages 3 X a day. Well the other day I was running out, and come across a tube of Neosporin, so I tossed it in the box full of my supplies, and when I used it---things began healing MUCH better! I have several drug allergies, including many antibiotics, so now I am wondering, if I have been making it worse as opposed to better. I am going to go buy more Neosporin and see if it continues to improve!! Can you imagine!? I have been fighting with it for 3 weeks!

Anyway, DH is off starting tomorrow for 4 days, I promise to get him to take a few pics....swollen or not!

I also figured out the binder at night, is causing my reflux to be horrible---so am wearing less tight compression at night, which is making my swelling increase, but the PS said it was preferable.

Other than that, I am back to my normal life, go, go, go!!! Today I plan to mow the lawn!

Thanks for checking in--I appreciate it bunches!

Kat

Kat, I'm always so encouraged by your posts. You're doing great and have such a good attitude in spite of the troubles you've had. I hope the Neosporin is just the magic you need. Don't get overheated when you are mowing. Becky