Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I ate a pretty big lunch yesterday, and when I got home (about 1 hr later) I drank a big glass of tea. When I bent over to pick some clothes up out of the floor, all my lunch and tea came spewing out. (gross, I know). So I was wondering if this was the big "PB" I keep hearing so much about? I did not have any pain, and did not wretch or heave, it just spewed out that one time while I was bent over and then it was over.

Any thoughts????

It sounds like you just drank too much liquid for your stomach ajusting to the fill.

PBs vary in their intensity. Sometimes it is like a simple burp or hiccup and the food comes back up with no pain, etc. Sometimes, things get stuck pretty bad and there can be hours of sliming, spitting, discomfort, sweating, etc. Just be careful with the "BIG" lunches and gulping too much fluids too soon after eating. Sounds like your first PB! Welcome to banded life! Hopefully they will be few and far between.

It sounds like a PB to me. The nurse at my doctor's office said that happens when you fill your pouch too full. It sounds like the drink pushed you over the top. Had you had any pain, sliming, etc before it came up? That usually happens to me before it comes up so I have enough time to grab the trash can. :lol:

ok, something to look forward too huh?

I'm wondering how you were able to eat such a "big" meal? Do you measure your meals? I was told that the small pouch can be stretched by overeating. Also, according to my doctor, the number one cause of band slippage is overfilling the pouch. I eat no more than 4 ounces per meal and have never had any problems with pb or slime. Also, did you wait at least an hour before drinking?

I'm wondering how you were able to eat such a "big" meal? Do you measure your meals? I was told that the small pouch can be stretched by overeating. Also, according to my doctor, the number one cause of band slippage is overfilling the pouch. I eat no more than 4 ounces per meal and have never had any problems with pb or slime. Also, did you wait at least an hour before drinking?

My Dr.'s instructions are to wait 30 minutes before drinking after a meal, but yes, it was actually more like an hour before I drank anything. When I say a "big meal", I mean a big meal considering. My "big meal" was about 10 chips with salsa, 1/2 of a chicken enchilada, a few bites of Beans and rice. I know that is probably more than most people eat, but I still do not have very much restriction. Until this point, I had never slimed or PB'd either - at least not to my knowledge, and am still not sure if I ever have - hence, this post! And since I was eating lunch out, NO, I did not measure my food before eating.

Congratulations on your first PB!:lol: Just kidding, although I'm glad it wasn't painful for you.

I had my first today too. I was eating a banana and just forgot I had joined the band.

Oh my, that is uncomfortable.... It felt like I had swallowed a tennis ball!

I was over it pretty fast and it didn't taste so bad the second time.:lol::lol:

I finally know what you guys were talking about PBing... Its not pretty... It has happend 2 times after my first fill... I took big bites and ate too quiclky... I am learning the hard way... now even I taco I cut with a knife and fork... I still get very hungry even if I know I've eaten the amount of food I should have.. so I am waiting for my next fill in one week..

I know PB is a bad thing, but it is almost like I am excited to have my first PB. I guess I am just glad to experience for myself what everyone else has been talking so much about.

PBs vary in their intensity. Sometimes it is like a simple burp or hiccup and the food comes back up with no pain, etc. Sometimes, things get stuck pretty bad and there can be hours of sliming, spitting, discomfort, sweating, etc. Just be careful with the "BIG" lunches and gulping too much fluids too soon after eating. Sounds like your first PB! Welcome to banded life! Hopefully they will be few and far between.

Hey, this just happened to me today and silly enough I was excited about it! I previously had 5cc's in my band and felt absolutely no restriction - could eat whatever without even being uncomfortable. Yesterday I had and additional 2.4cc's added - now I had my first PB! Woo Hoo... it made me finally feel like things were working as they should.