Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Daily Plate

Has anyone used the calorie calculations from My Daily Plate and had success with weight loss?

I have started tracking my food and exercise on this site and I really like it. I haven't weighed yet because I am trying to give it a week to see if it will really work.

Anyone else use My Daily Plate?

I was trying to use it but I always forget or just dont have time.. But when I do use it I think it's close to accurate.

I do and I LOVE IT!! I only started it in the past 2 weeks when starting my preop diet. However, it is great for keeping me on track and not letting me forget anything... I have successfully been losing a pound a day. I just always confirm that the item I pick is the same as what my box says. After that, it is in my "items' so I'm assured that it is right.

I log everything I eat into dailyplate and have since before my surgery. I manually set my daily calorie limit to 1,200, but I rarely get above 1,000. I like the fact that almost all the foods I normally eat are already in their database, and if I have to add anything the format looks just like the nutritional info panel we're so familiar with.

I've tried their calorie intake calculator, and I think it's accurate IF you use the sedentary lifestyle setting. I'm pretty active, hauling hay and riding horses daily, but even so I can't justify eating 1600-1800 calories (recommended for an active lifestyle) and still hope to lose weight like I want.

I would consider becoming a GOLD member (more features), but their forums are so anti-WLS that I don't feel comfortable supporting their website.

I use Spark People, which is similar I think and really have enjoyed it, but plan on checking out Daily Plate since reading about it on here.

I use sparkpeople.com and I love it. I love the feature on sparkrecipes.com that allows you to enter a recipe and then gives you the nutritional info. Also it lets you enter "food groups" and since I have the same Breakfast most days, it saves typing.

I started using Daily Plate about a week ago. I really enjoy it. It has really Enlightened me about the nutritional value of what I am putting in my mouth. It suggest almost 1700 calories a day for me. So far, I have not been able to eat that much. I average between 1500-1400 a day.

I have used the Daily Plate for more than a year. It is very helpfula and feel it has beeen a major factor in my weight loss success.

I love the Daily Plate. Been using it approx. 3 weeks and I feel it really does make a difference. Makes me take a second look at things I'm thinking about eating and hopefully make better choices.

Thanks for everyones input. I will let you know later this week how the first week went on the scale. I am really hoping for a loss. I really like the Daily Plate and like being able to track my nutrition.

I LOVE that site! It's one of my latest addictions (I started using it when I went on the pre-op diet, so it's been about a month). :) I track my foods, weight, calories, exercise, etc. I also totally love that you can enter in a recipe and it breaks it down for you. This morning I figured out how you can enter in something that you eat on a regular basis (for instance I tend to eat the same combination of foods for Breakfast, so I don't have to manually enter in the same sequence. It's kind of like a macro with everything grouped together now and labeled how I want it).

I have the Realize band and have been completely spoiled by dailyplate.com. The Realize site is pretty pathetic in comparison. I just can't see switching over!

-m

Edited by dancinglamb

Marisa,

Please, please tell me how you are entering something you eat on a regular basis? I eat the same thing every morning and it would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Marisa,

Please, please tell me how you are entering something you eat on a regular basis? I eat the same thing every morning and it would be really helpful.

Thanks.

On the right panel, under the pie chart for calorie breakdown, there is a section called 'My Saved Meals'. Click Create a New Meal and follow the directions.

On the right panel, under the pie chart for calorie breakdown, there is a section called 'My Saved Meals'. Click Create a New Meal and follow the directions.

Yep, that would be it. And then it takes you to your list of foods that you eat on a regular basis, where you can click off the list of them (and adjust the serving amts).

For instance, I put in that I regularly eat:

1c. Cheerios

1/2c. 2% milk

1-1/2tsp Trader Joe's evaporated cane juice sugar (I know... too much :) )

And then I named it 'Cheerios Breakfast'. This morning, I just went to that little box below the pie chart and clicked on Cheerios Breakfast and it appeared on my list, and I entered '1' and it was all there, all done.

Cool, huh?

-m

Well, I weighed this morning 1 week since starting to log on DP and I haven't lost...still maintaining. However, I am a few days from my TOM, so I am attributing the "no loss" to TOM. I feel thinner and my clothing seems to fit better and my energy is definitely better, so i am going to give it a few more weeks before I readjust (again) what I am doing. I am afraid my body has just decided that this weight is where I am supposed to be and I can't accept that. I'll update later after the TOM and see if it makes a difference. In the past I would generally drop consistently for 2 weeks and gain or stay the same for the other 2 weeks. Damn hormones!