Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:rolleyes2:Hi guys, I'm so glad I found this site it's awesome. I just started the process and hope to have the procedure within the next 9-12 mos. Any suggestions, comments, encouragement welcome.

hey there i'm also from pa i have been banded for 3 months now. best thing i ever did. you will be so glad to have this done.

Hi, I am from Pa too, I hope to be banded within the next 1-2 months. I am having Dr Bono in Hazleton do my band, who are you going to? Welcome and good luck!

Started the process (6Mo program) last week.who did your surgery.I have time to decide who to use.My ins. and the lehi Valley program require the 6mo.and I personally think it will help me.

Hi, I am from Pa too, I hope to be banded within the next 1-2 months. I am having Dr Bono in Hazleton do my band, who are you going to? Welcome and good luck!

I'm going to Weight Loss Clinic in Harrisburg with Dr. DiMarco or Dr. Currie

Hi all....I'm from PA also....near Johnstown. Had my surgery 8/07 in Windber. Starting wt. 191....current wt 156....goal 125-130 :blush:

I'm from PA too!! 40 miles east of Pittsburgh. My doctors are Dr. Quinlin and Dr. Means at Pittsburgh Bariatrics.

I'm to be banded in July.:biggrin2:

I'm from PA too!! 40 miles east of Pittsburgh. My doctors are Dr. Quinlin and Dr. Means at Pittsburgh Bariatrics.

I'm to be banded in July.:biggrin2:

Dr. Quinlin is doing my surgery in the morning! You're the first person I've heard from on these boards from Western PA.

Good luck to you in July!!:wink2:

Hi PA,, great to hear from someone back east, I miss it. I was just banded in March here in Houston Tx,,but I am from York PA, and Rehoboth Bch De.. am homesick. Anyway,, take this time to read, read, read, all you can about what you are embarking on. I don't know the particulars of your situation but I would say knowing exercise will have to become a regular part of your new life, start now even it its slow. Start slowly looking at your eating habits, and making some little changes so you don't go thru shock later. I was told I was borderline diabetec last summer and that was all it took for me to give up soda that day for good. It was the start that helped me when I went for my lapband consultation and surgery. I didn't have to do pre diets or qualifying so I had mine pretty quickly after going, I was also self pay so I didn't have the insurance hassels.

Next big thing, find good support groups in your area and start going before your surgery and keep going after. I go to the one my doctor holds twice a month and then I go to one every week a bunch of us have from many different dr's that live in the same geographic area. They help a lot.

Most importantly research very well all the Dr's you are considering for your procedure. Go to their seminars, ask questions, even go back a 2nd time and ask more questions. Many here in Texas have free seminars (dr one on one is a fee) so I took advantage to go to several and compare. I googled them, looked at backgrounds, went on sites and asked people to give feedback, etc.

Lastly for now, I will tell you, this is "your" journey. What works for you may not be the same as what works for me, that doesn't mean it is right or wrong, you have to feel good about your decisions and progress. Sometimes slow and steady is better, if you have series health issues you may need to lose a little faster in the early months. Don't heavily compare your losses with others. The pounds are only one measure of success. There are the inches, pounds, less meds needed, better health, better emotional outlook.

Remember we all deserve the best we can do for ourselves.

Goodluck,

sugrbear:thumbup:

It was great to see so many respond from PA, I will be interested to see how you all make out with the Dr's you choose. I am looking for a Dr. experienced with lapband in the York Pa area for emergencies should one arise and to use when I relocate back to the area. My husband grew up their and we were married their in Red Lion. My daughter and two of my grandkids live in the New Oxford area in Adams county.

Dr. Quinlin is doing my surgery in the morning! You're the first person I've heard from on these boards from Western PA.

Good luck to you in July!!:confused:

Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes!!!:wink2: