Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do hope the lady I spoke to was wrong, I have her phone # and name @ work if you would like me to send it to you. Honestly Annie I have never heard of anyone from NS being covered totally for LAp Band Surgery, Gastric Bypass yes, let me know if you want the name and # and I will private message it to you, when I called I specifically asked to speak with someone in the know on WLS in their office. I did have to leave a message on her voice mail and she did call me back promptly. NB started covering the Band for patients in that province earlier this year and the province was aslo reimbersing some patients that already had the procedure up to a certain date, that is why I am so intrested in NS MSI. Good luck

hello there .. all i know is that they told me if the doctor wrote a note and I have the requirements for med .. Iam diabetic and have high blood pressure and calesteral and high bmi and bunch of other stuff... but I have company now if you want me to call anyone leave your number in private message and I will get back kto you . Thanks Annie

Annie, I am simply saying that I don't want you to have your hopes up and be crushed . NS MSI does not pay for Lap BAnds for patients, they will cover the procedure only not the band itself, I don't need you to call me I am simply offering you a phone # to contact the lady I spoke with at MSI. I have been through the process I was banded a year ago, I don't want people out there thinking MSI Pays for The Lap Band, if they did there would be a lot more chatter about it on the WLS websites, and I check and read all the time , there is no chatter about it. Put it this way if NS was paying for banding the flood gates would be open and we all would be talking about it. Sherry

Yesterday I called MSI and you have to ask them to transfer you to assessment there the person will tell you that they will pay basically for everything BUT the band itself, which you would still have to pay. However, you still have be referred by your Dr. and meet the criteria. This information is for nova scotia residents only. They will not pay for the band and they do not know when it will change.

Edited by Pearl

hello thanks for the heads up ... At least now I will know what to expect and not be shocked! .. Can you tell me the cost of the band ..I know its 16000 for the whole thing ... thanks ...

hey sherrylynn and annie55,

When I talked to Dr. Beausoleil two years ago he said it would be just under 5000 for everything. The divice I believe was 4500, so I thought 5000 would cover it. He would of done it in three monthes but I needed the 5000 and my sock was empty. So I am hoping I will have the money this year some time then I'll get my Dr. to send letter to MSI and hope they will accept me then off to Moncton I will go.:w00t::ohmy:

I thought that there was a very long wait in N.B. that is why when i get the approval I will have it done in T.O. cause there is no waiting list .... so after all the holidays I am getting it done sometime the end of april....I hope:scared2:

Hi girls, Pearl I suggest you get all the preliminary paper work done asap, I mean approval from MSI for the procedure. And keep saving and have you band money in the bank. The total cost for the BAnd is 4500.00 and there is a charge of 250.00 for the anesthetiologist (spelling). Have your doctor get the approval now, it does not expire. Keep your name on Dr. B waiting list and if your turn comes up and you are not ready financially just tell Natalie and she will postpone you temporarily. MAybe possibly consider taking a small loan. Just some suggestions for you.Where in NOva Scotia are you from Pearl? Sherry

Thanks Sherry, great advice I'll take it. I do have a file in Moncton already and have just called them mmmm about a week ago and they told me to just get the approval from MSI and they will sit another appointment with the Dr.

I would love to sit with you and get the whole scoop on all you went through and how things are now and is it all worth it. I live in Lower Sackville. Where do you live? Thanks again.

Edited by Pearl

I live in Sydney, would love to have a chat with you. This has been the best decision I have ever made for myself. It is not always easy but the benefits are fantastic. you can call me any time , When you are ready to chat let me know and I will PM you my ph#,Sherry