Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May exercise challenge

Thanks again jm, I've worked hard to get up there over the past 8 mos.

Last night was legs-12 reps. Makes that 40 minutes very looooooooooong.

This morning was treadmill work. Ran 3.1 miles in about 32 minutes with the first 2.25 at inclines btwn .5 and 1.5%. Then walked for 28 minutes. All told, 5.1 miles. Gonna keep up that until I am able to run the entire 3.1 at inclines. Want to make sure the next 5k goes better.

No lifting tonight. SOFTBALL! Managed last weeks games with only 1 beverage. I think I can accomplish the same tonight. Back to the grind tomorrow. Only 2 more days of lifting for this cycle, then off for a week to recoup.:tongue2::thumbup:

Thanks again jm, I've worked hard to get up there over the past 8 mos.

Last night was legs-12 reps. Makes that 40 minutes very looooooooooong.

This morning was treadmill work. Ran 3.1 miles in about 32 minutes with the first 2.25 at inclines btwn .5 and 1.5%. Then walked for 28 minutes. All told, 5.1 miles. Gonna keep up that until I am able to run the entire 3.1 at inclines. Want to make sure the next 5k goes better.

No lifting tonight. SOFTBALL! Managed last weeks games with only 1 beverage. I think I can accomplish the same tonight. Back to the grind tomorrow. Only 2 more days of lifting for this cycle, then off for a week to recoup.:thumbdown::w00t:

It sounds like you are working on some kind of program...what is it? I'm interested...

It sounds like you are working on some kind of program...what is it? I'm interested...

It's a program I got from a personal trainer about a yr prior to my surgery. I just never got into it the way I am now.

The original premise is to build both strength and endurance with the same program. You are supposed to do it in 3 wk cycles, I've adjusted it to make it a 6 wk cycle. You start off doing circuits of 7 reps, one day upper body, the next lower. Next time you go in for each, you up the reps to 8. Next time, 9 reps. Continue until you get up to circuits of 12. 9 exercises for upper, 7 for lower. If you want, I will PM you the program. Pretty easy. Best part is, you are not sore most of the time afterwards because you are working with weights you can handle early for the 7 reps and by the time you get to 12 reps, your muscles are used to the weight.

That sounds pretty good! You're burning fat and gaining strength at the same time!!!

Ceradad...I would love to get my hands on a copy of your regimen, if you don't mind? Sounds like an awesome switch for me to keep from letting my body aclimate to my workouts.

Ran 5k today!!! I ran the whole thing :thumbup:

I was someone who walked a bit so I slowed my pace when she needed to walk so I averaged 15min miles.

Went for another 30min walk/jog with my DD. She has decided she wants to jog now and wants to strengthen her upper body so she can do push ups!! She's 11 and is concerned with Jr High next year and PE requirements.

At least with me jogging earlier in the day, I'm not worried about my workout and I can do what is comfortable for her :party:

Ok- my shins are burning though! I haven't had that in a long time! It hurts to just touch them - ugh.

today -

2mile warm up bike

50min trainer session - all body workout

2mile run

sv- i saw 139 this morning, but am going to give a few days to see if it's "real" & lasts at least a wk,

cheers~

JM!!!!!!!!!

Your BACK!!!!!!!

YOu rock for getting back into it.

I just got my Triathlon clothes and treid them on and boy do i look scary. I had my wife take a picture but its way scary.!!!

Just came across this thread. You guys are doing great!! Think I"ll join for accountability. Just started working out so may seem like an ameteur, but have to start somewhere!

welcome bamboobabe!!

friday -

20min stair master

20min walk

20min elliptical

sat -

3hr mountain bike ride around lake

sun -

nothing but hanging by the pool

hope everyone had a good wkend~

Awe - brutal run today. It was 95 degrees today.

5k total - I ran the first half great until the heat got to me. I had to walk / run that last half. UGH. I think I'm going to have to head back indoors or switch to mornings!