Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4cc bandsters, how much was your first fill??

4cc bandsters only, how much was your first fill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 4cc bandsters only, how much was your first fill?

• .5 cc
    • 1 cc
    • 1.5 cc
    • 2 cc
    • Other

:smile2: What was your level of restriction with your first fill? How many cc did it take to get you to your "sweet spot"?

Edited by TxChelsey

Mine was 1.5ccs, and that was still pretty loose. I'm at my sweet spot now at 3.5cc.

It completely depends on the person though. I'm sure if I had gotten 3.5cc right away it would have been way too tight. You'll lose weight around your stomach as you lose, and need additional fill.

My first was 1.7. From what I have heard, my surgeon's clinic usually gives 1.6 or 1.7 for the first fill.

I am at 1.9 after a second fill, and doubt I will need any further ones before I reach my goal.

:smile: What was your level of restriction with your first fill? How many cc did it take to get you to your "sweet spot"?

Just got my 3rd fill 2 weeks ago to2.5 and think this may be the sweet spot!

My first fill was 3cc and I have had 2 add'l fills of 1cc each. Have 5cc in my band and I think I am at my sweet spot now! Lost 2 pounds since 4/28.

My orgional sweet spot was at 2.5 and I accheved that on my second fill.

That lasted me for 5 months. Then last month I had another .5 added and

now I have good restriction again and I hope it lasts another 5 months or more. Just remember everyone is different.

I was banded on 10/25/07. You can see my fill schedule below in my signature.

I had some restriction with no fill. I could eat up to about a cup of food at a time, but I was getting hungry after 2-3 hours.

After my first fill of 1cc, I had better restriction and was eating about 1/2-3/4 c per sitting. No side effects of PB's or stuck feelings. did good the first month with a fill. then at my next appointment I didn't get one in Feb and my weight loss plataued.

In March I got another 2cc's putting me at 3 total now. That fill I could REALLY tell the difference. I got the stuck feeling (horrible), drinking Water got harder and so did taking pills. After almost two months with this fill though I think i'm doing pretty good with almost 10lbs p month average. It's slowing down now though, so we will see.

I think I could use maybe another .5 to get to a true sweet spot.

I'm happy to see a 4cc band thread. This is great. I can really relate! Thank you all for sharing.

Emily~

My first fill was 3cc and I have had 2 add'l fills of 1cc each. Have 5cc in my band and I think I am at my sweet spot now! Lost 2 pounds since 4/28.

So you are at 5cc's in a 4cc band? :biggrin:

I have 2.4 in a 4 cc band. pretty tight. I'm hoping its my sweet spot. i can hardly get anything down. lost 4 lbs in 2 days. I'm a very slow weight loss person so I hope this is it.

I had my first fill April 17th with 7cc fill. Surprising, don't feel much different. Of course my intake has drastically decreased since the surgery on March 3rd.

:thumbup: I had my first fill April 17th with 7cc fill. Surprising, don't feel much different. Of course my intake has drastically decreased since the surgery on March 3rd.

i was banded on 10/15/07. i have 1.5cc in my band now and had good restriction, but i am starting to be able to eat more than i should. i will have another fill hopefully this coming tuesday.

Inamed recommends patients receive 2 cc for their first adjustment 6 weeks after surgery.

That's what I got.

They then recommend .5 cc every 4 weeks until you reach that spot. I got that with 1 fill of .5 cc.

Inamed really knows their stuff.

Inamed recommends patients receive 2 cc for their first adjustment 6 weeks after surgery.

That's what I got.

They then recommend .5 cc every 4 weeks until you reach that spot. I got that with 1 fill of .5 cc.

Inamed really knows their stuff.

That would have been way too much for me. I'm at 1.9 now, 7 months post op, and if anything I need an unfill. Everybody's different.