Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UHC has my paperwork!

When I started this whole process I ran into someone that told me to make sure that my paperwork gets to the "Care Coordination Department" @ UHC. I just called and they received it on Friday and it's in review status with the correct department. He said it can take up to 30 days but that it's usually quicker and that I should call back on Friday so see if it's been approved yet. UGH! I'm soooooo excited with visions of tiny Old Navy clothes dancing in my head!! LOL! I sure hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment

I have UHC and it literally took less than three weeks. You are way ahead of the game!

hi guys. i start my porcess on april 13 i also have uhc. i pray mine will be quick also . whne is it sent to the insurance comp. do you have to have the phyc/ exam & visit with the nutristist 1st. how long does everything take to happen. i am 5;4 1/2 wrigh 210 mbi is only 36 but i have sleep apena so i pray i can have this any ideas. sandie

hi guys. i how long does everything take to happen. i am 5;4 1/2 wrigh 210 mbi is only 36 but i have sleep apena so i pray i can have this any ideas. sandie
I had my consultation on 3/22, my doc said that all UHC requires is bloodwork. the Friday after my consultation (3/25) the order form to get my bloodwork done came in the mail from the doc. The following Monday morning(3/28) I had my blood drawn and I called the Dr. Tuesday (3/29) afternoon and they said they already had the bloodwork back and would be mailing it off to UHC. When I spoke w/UHC this morning they said they had received it on Friday (4/1).

I'm hoping that it only takes UHC 2 weeks or less like my doc said that UHC usually does so that'll give me 2 weeks on my pre-op diet and my band at the very end of april and a month of recovery and into mushy food time b4 my trip to Vegas on June 2nd smile.gif

My paperwork was turned into UHC on 1/6/05. I had the approval by 1/28/05. They were real easy to work with through the whole process. Good Luck.....

See if you can find out the nurse's name that is reviewing your case. That's what I did. I called her once a week, and each time I had to leave a voicemail...but she ALWAYS returned my calls. After a couple of weeks, she returned my call to tell me that I had been approved! I didn't actually receive the paperwork for a week, so I was VERY happy to know this ahead of time. My doc let me start scheduling based upon her verbal OK. That put me a week earlier than I would have been if I just found out from checking the mailbox.

Also, for those that are in the beginning process: Make sure that your doc FAXES the paperwork instead of mailing it. This makes things go by MUCH faster.

Good luck!

UHC is great! I submitted my paperwork with the doctor on 2/18 and was approved by 2/24. Surgery was 3/25 but the longest part of the wait was getting an opening with the surgeon!! Good luck and you'll be fine!!!! Laura

*sigh* stiiiillll waiting. I just called UHC and my file is showing pending. They received my packet on 4/4. The girl I talked to last week said that she shows a surgery date of 5/10 though! I'm hoping I can get a verbal approval so I can get the surgery date moved up since I'm going to Vegas the first week in June and want to be at least close to choking down solid foods. I hate the hurry up and wait game ;)

Brandi & Sandie- Don't give up hope- be patient & persistant & it will all come together in the end! Hoping you both here soon:0)

Brandi- The surgery dates are givin by the surgeon so they can at least have you in the books & than move the date forward or backwards according to what was needed. I have had two dates already & both have been post-poned. Just try her again next Wed. & I am sure you will have better news. Chin Up!

Just keep calling and calling.. Make sure 3, 4, even 5 times that it is in the right Department. I have UHC and I called all the time they told me oh its pending... little did I know that it WAS in the wrong Department once it went to the right dept. it was approved within hours! Just keep on them!!! Good Luck and Take Care

I also have UHC, it took 12 days from visit with the surgeonto get my approval letter and then 3 weeks to get my surg date. That only left me with 1 week to say good bye to all my favorite foods!! lol

Good luck!! A lot of your approval depends on what your EMPLOYER has written into their benefit package. Iwas lucky that hubby's has weight loss surg as a priority!!

Guest cahull

Hi BoxerLuv! Sounds like we're at the same place on the journey! My consultation was 3/21 and I just found out today (after calling UHC once a week since the consultation) that I am approved! So, now all I have to do is set a date! :nervous Best of luck to you!

Christina

Congrats on your surgery! I called today and my file is still "in review". UGH!! Approve me already!!! The guy I talked to says the time frame really just depends on how many files they have going at that time. Sooooo I shall call again tomorrow or Thursday. I need to find out over the phone cause they still don't have my correct address to send my letter, even though my HR department said that it should be updated by Monday (yesterday). And the way our stuff is set up, I can't call uhc and change the address myself, I have to go through my HR Dept. How stupid is that!

That's great I just had my surgery on 4/13 I'm 10lbs down from my surgery weight.

i have UHC and it was all a breeze