Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery on the 30th!!

Gwenn, I was banded 5 days ago and I'm having exactly the same thing. Kind of like a hiccup but not really a hiccup. A sharp involuntary breath - usually several in a row. Not sure what they are but I'm having them as well. I also have a little of the pulling and itching you describe. So, no answers but if it makes you feel better, we have the same experience!

I'm 7days post op I had my surgery on the 29th and I've been having pain (2 out of 10 on the pain scale) from these burp/hiccup things it hurts around my heart. I don't know how to really explain it. also I don't know if its from laying around too much or a signal that i'm too full but the middle of my back hurts alot. Other than that everything has been going well so far.

I feel a lot better today. I think I didn't eat enough yesterday because I felt blah all day. I also have that pain in the middle of my back. I think it's from over compensating for the pull I feel in the port site. I seem to walk with my shoulders forward some. Really trying to staighten up. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Laura

I had my post op office visit today. I lost 7 lbs. since April 14 when I had my pre op visit ! I cant remember the last time I lost 7 lbs!

I have been on full liquids for a couple days and have been doing well, (goodbye broth)!

But today, I really felt hunger again and it scares me. How easily my old self can return - how hard is it going to be to wait 6 weeks for my first fill? I am craving bread!!! UGGH!:confused2:

I had my f/u visit yesterday and the doc says everything is moving along smoothly and I can now move to stage 2. Still liquids but I can have cream of wheat Cereal, pudding, etc... Since I started my liquid diet (2wks prior to surgery) and including the week of the surgery I have lost a total of 22 lbs... woohooo

I feel good a little crampy sometimes, but I'm moving around. Only thing now is that I have discovered a nasty rash which the doc did look at thinking that I might be having a allergic reation to the meds or something else but again he said that wasnt the case and sent me on to my PCP to look at...now I'm on more meds for this rash..

Take care.. Jenn

I'm down 17 since pre-op visit. Went to surg for post-op yesterday. Day 6. Fill appt made for 5 weeks from now.

My trouble is my shoulder. Terrible. Walked and still walking constantly but have the pain. That's my bad shoulder also.

Anyone find anyting to disipate the gas? My belly is still very gassy as well. Please let me know of anything you've heard of that could help with this. Other htan shoulder pain and gas, I'm really feeling good.

Thank goodness for Darvocet!

Gwenn

Tell me about it my stomach is still very bloated and I can't decide if it is from the gas or just swelling from the surgery. Does any one have a sharp pain in the side of your stomach when you take a deep breath in, kind of like when you are very very full and try to breath you get a stitch in your side?

But other than that I am feeling pretty good. Trying to walk as much as possible. I am down about 8 pounds since my 1 week pre-op diet. Can't wait to see how eating is after a fill, if it is anything like right now it will be great...I fill up pretty quick.

Take care,

Danielle

I've had the same thing. It is gas. Like a stitch in the side. I get it along the left side of the port and up. The surg told me yesterday that it's because of your body getting used to the foreign object in addition to the gas they put in, the swelling and the tunnel they create to hold the tube. He said that it's great how well one can feel, but even though the outside has minor incisions, the inside has had full-on surgery. And he said the incisions are deep.

BUt your complaints are mine. I am trying to not be a martyr and skip the pain meds. The difference is huge so I'm going to cut myself a break and take them as directed.

I just came back from a nice long walk and even picked up some flowers on the way back. It's cool and cloudy in LA and boy, does work and my desk seem far away today. Feels good.

Gwenn

I really over did it yesterday. I only sat down for about an hour. So it was lights out at 8:00. Today I didn't do much and even took a 2 hr nap. Yeah!!! I feel awesome. I can get out of bed with little pain and walk upright. It's the little things huh? I still haven't figured out if my tummy hurts from the gas or if it's because I'm hungry. Trial and error I guess. Sorry about your shoulder. Hopefully that subsides soon. Glad to hear everyone is doing better each day.:cursing:

Take care,Laura

I'm finding the same. I push then fall back. Then, feel better. I think some pushing is good. The body needs to move and go. And for our heads also. But rest is good too. I haven't move this afternoon. I have a couple of friends dropping by after work. My husband went out of town for a day so the company will be nice, but then it will be nice to just climb into bed. I'm hungrier today....but that's normal also. I guess I should stop watching the food network! LOL

Gwenn

Today has been my first day without a nap. Hopefully, I am back on schedule!

I did sit with the heating pad on my back for awhile :frown:

Hi - I'm starting to fall into a routine...what I take when for example. It's great and I have a few weeks of it because I took a month off from work, but I can see that I'll have to build it all over again when I go back. I always get up as late as possible and rush to work. Now, I feel like I should get up earlier, and do things in the morning before going. I'm liking having my morning liquid while reading the paper, then walking, then hitting the computer, etc. I took the time because I feel like it's been 20 years since I've taken time to layback a bit. Now all I need is the lottery, right?

Now if the shoulder pain would just stop, I'll be thrilled!

And believe it or not, down 18 pounds. Freaky but good.

Gwenn

I had my surg on April 29th. I too am having some pain in my rib area, I took a couple of gas x and went for a walk. I had not had any gas pain until my first day back to work and I forgot my gas x at home.My biggest food craving hit me like a ton of bricks friday, I was fixing my children a snack and they wanted chips, so I opened a new bag of Lays potato chips and that aroma hit me square in the face, I thought I was going to lose it, but had some of my choc. Protein Drink and got thru the craving. I am on liquids for 2 weeks then pureed 2 weeks then soft 2 weeks. I start pureed Monday and I can't wait.Does any one else have brusing around the port area, mine is still sore on occasion, it comes and goes about a 2 or 3 out of 10, not bad just attention getting.good luck to everyone

Today, I'm having one of "those days" and have a list of complaints, but truth is, and happily, none is major.

I have sensitivity in the area around hte port- normal.

Gas and diarrahea (sp?)- normal- I'm on liquids for three weeks.

Pain in shoulder- no worst issue but it's a little better today. I'm told about two -three weeks for that one and I'm almost at 2.

Itchy skin and my little bandaid strips have not come off.

Reduced pain pills to 2 a day, cut in half. Hoping it will do it.

I know there's a future with food again, but today I'm down. I feel silly being sad, because I have so much to be grateful for, but all these little things get very big sometimes. Anyone else or am I really the only one feeling this?

Gwenn

Hi Gwenn!!! I thought that I was the only one that had taken several weeks off from work and at first I was feeling guilty but now I have no regrets. I really needed this time to recover... I feel good but I still continue to feel some pain...not sure if its gas or something else. I havent taken any pain meds since I was 5 days post op. I am tired of liquids and so ready to move to stage 3... need some real food intake here:crying:

Hope everyone is doing well.

Jenn