Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FLYLadies, step forward!

Anyone else do this? I'm pretty sure it was Marie-New Hope that linked me to FlyLady.net from here...I must say, it has been both aggravating and helpful. I ordered my Control Journal this morning, trying to get a handle on all the info.- trying to FLY! I really like this site. I'd love to see how others have used it.

What's the best thing you have learned to do/handle from FlyLadies?

I'm a FLYBaby, so I'm happy just to have my shoes on, sink shining, and I know where my laundry is. Trying to improve...how 'bout you?

Hey Kathy, I tried that for a while. It was fun but I couldn't keep up so I unsubscribed. But now every single time I clean my sink I think of being a FlyBaby!

Sorry for the confusion...my site address didn't highlight, but again, Jenna saves my day. How did I manage to get you to cover my biga$$ backside AND rescue my jade plant? You really are a Dream!!

Okay, thinking I need a Disclaimer: This is Off Topic and in the Lounge, so it doesn't have anything to do with the Lap Band. And I'm not soliciting the site, other than recommending it if you are interested, and just wondered if there are any other of you that do this FLYLady thing. I just joined and I'm getting lots of motivation and ideas (nothing new, just said differently, really) for managing my home and not getting overwhelmed by it/my thinking. If you are a FLYLady, you'll know it. If not, check it out and let me know what you think. I don't care if you hate it. If you aren't interested, don't go. :) BIG SMILE! :D

My oven is cleaning, I wiped down the screen from the French Door to the deck (ew, gross!) and my stove top is cleaned, including the knobs. WOW! And my laundry is done and folded but not put away, and my sink is no longer shining, oh well. I really do love my "job" as a stay-at-home mom. Little man fell asleep in his little feeding chair on the floor in front of the TV with a stinky diaper. He slept through the diaper change and is napping...sweet boy. :D

lol, I got a maid/housekeeper as a Mother's Day gift one time. I got 3 months of no housekeeping (she came and cleaned once a week!) IT WAS PURE BLISS! But costly :) so I couldn't keep her. But man, if I could just win that lottery, that is another thing I would do!

Hey Kathy, I tried that for a while. It was fun but I couldn't keep up so I unsubscribed. But now every single time I clean my sink I think of being a FlyBaby!

I stopped the emails from coming all day everyday and the next day, I missed them! So I started it back and if I have a yucky attitude and don't care or don't have time, I hit the delete button but fast!!! But I can see that it's helping and ordered the control journal. LBT keeps me too busy on the puter already, so having it on paper will help lots. I find that reading the email once or twice, all you have to do is see the header to know what it says and it's on your mind...I just have do dump the deleted messages bin alot more often.

I want a Maid Service SO bad!!! I can't justify it though, but I will when it's time to go back to work! Now THAT will be budgeted for every other week.

Kathy, I have never heard of "flyladies". But I need all the help I can get, so I'll be checking that site out. Thanks for the info.

We have it every other week, at $65. per day. You cannot believe the ammount of arguments that has cut down! That was one of the condtitions of me going into exile--DH and Spudboy keep the housekeepers, and I don't freakout when I go home to visit.

We have it every other week, at $65. per day. You cannot believe the ammount of arguments that has cut down! That was one of the condtitions of me going into exile--DH and Spudboy keep the housekeepers, and I don't freakout when I go home to visit.
That's about what it costs here, and worth every penny. That's great bargaining! Way to go, SpudMOM!

Okay, Marie says it wasn't her, so off to Searching I go...I KNOW I read it here.

Searched and cannot find, but it might be Donali, she said something about Flylady in a post, but it wasn't the one I read. I has to be Donali.

Flybaby here <frantically waving>

I have been a subscriber of the FlyLady reminders for a couple of years now. I am NOT NOT NOT flywashed yet. I do think about decluttering everyday, and mostly don't do it, but in spite of my lack of commitment I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff I don't need and have changed my attitude a little about housework.

I have no routines, and if FlyLady were reading this she would tell me to unsubscribe already, if I'm NOT going to do it! But I like getting the testimonials, and I just tell myself that my babysteps are so microscopic that most people just can't see them... :cool:

www.flylady.net