Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if this happened to anyone else...

Today I decided to venture out for the first time since my surgery on the 16th. I took a shower and started getting ready, suddenly I got so hot and dizzy I thought I was going to pass out. I had to rush to the couch to sit down. After sitting for about 5 minutes I was ok and finished getting ready. This happened all day, everytime I stood for any length of time I would get really hot and dizzy until I could sit down.

I go to the dr for my follow up tomorrow so I'm going to talk to him about this but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Oh my gosh...I just posted on this subject. The exact same thing happened to me today.... I am interested to hear the replies on this subject. I was afraid I was going to pass out in the shower. :tongue_smilie:

I know, I posted this and then saw yours. I just got finished reading the replies to your post. I unlike you, am not drinking that much Water or getting that much Protein. I drink constantly when I'm awake but it doesn't come to that much because I have to drink so slow. The Protein I'm using (Unjury) is making me run to the bathroom like crazy and that's with me only eating 20g a day. If I ate 60g a day I would have to move into the bathroom. This is probably my problem but I don't know how to fix it, I already have a pain just below my sternum from what little bit I eat now.

Today I had (I'm still on liquids):

Orange Crystal Light (4 oz)

sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast made with vanilla yogurt and a scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury (4 oz)

Grape sugar free Hawaiian Punch (16 oz)

Cream of Broccoli Soup w/ fat free cheese (4 oz)

Water (working on 21 oz now)

I was told to consume 70 grams of Protein daily. So I have 2 Unjury shakes plus 20 grams of Isopure protein Water daily but I don't rush to bathroom - wish I did. I guess each person's system is different. I wonder if that is why I have so much gas. Please reply - anyone. Is it too much protein that causes gas pain??

Sounds like your blood sugar dropped. Try some diluted apple juice. Has just enough sugar to pick you back up without adding too many calories.

Since you are not drinking much, you could be a little dehydrated. Try getting some gatorade (there is a new one with less calories, G2 I think) and see if that helps. Try to work up to drinking more too. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys... trying the apple juice right now! I'll try to pick up the G2 tomorrow.

Edited by StaceyM

Oh the same thing happened to me. About a month ago which would've been about 2 months post op I went to the tanning bed one evening. I work nights so I got straight up from bed and went straight to the tanning bed. I had'nt drank or ate anything all day and I got really dizzy when I was got up. Everything started getting dark, I felt like I was on fire and I got extrememly nauseated and threw up just a little. I finally figured out after thinking about it that I was dehydrated. So I think it's pretty normal for us just keep drinking as much as possible. Oh and good luck to you!

Dr said I was dehydrated and my blood pressure is too low. I take bp medicine (it was too high) so he told me to stop taking it. Hopefully that and more Water will take care of everything.