Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

-33 pounds, no dieting or walking

Don't you wish it was true! I have read a lot of posts, over the last 7 weeks. that the band is not working for me etc, no weight loss.

Did your doctors not tell you that you have to work with the band, eat slower, smaller portions, and exercise?

If you are following the rules, and exercising and eating small meals 3 x day and a few Snacks, and not loosing weight, it could be a leak? or a medical condition. I assume patients had full medicals before surgery. If you are not loosing weight and not following the rules it is not the bands fault?

This board has really gotten to be whining, and not much positive things are being posted.

The band is a tool, and not a cure.

Good luck to all

Hear hear! I have lost about 40 pounds and it has been work. I follow a diet of 1400 cals(+/-) a day and exercise EVERY DAY! I know the band is a tool and am using it.:cry_smile:

As soon as I started to exercise I started to lose weight. In the winter I was always sick with a cold, bronchitis,flu etc. It happened last year before the band too. Anyway, exercise is the key and eating healthy and don't force your stomach.

Hi, everyone, as soon as I stop hurting I will be in my cycling class at the gym.

I've found I can maintain my weight without trying too hard with my band, but not lose weight. That takes dedication to eating less and eating better. If I don't lose, I KNOW why I don't lose. It's because of what I am eating and how much I am eating. I can try lying to myself, but my scale won't go along with it!

I had my surgery in Nov. I have lost 33 lbs. I'm slow,but my doctor says it's ok.

Me too on all counts. I know I could have lost at least another 10 lbs by now if not for all the food I have been able to eat. It's not easy doing it without restriction but my restriction is getting heaps better now, so looking forward to more loss. I walk every day and go to aqua aerobics once a week which has helped. This is a process and everyone is different in how they approach it. For me, I don't want to go without some of the foods I enjoy so I'm happy to lose all my excess weight by the time my band anniversary comes around in Nov. 86 lbs lost in 12 months is nothing to be sneezed at. 32 lbs gone, only 54 lbs to go !! :biggrin:

Oh my goodness, you are so right! When I read your link title I was like "yeah, right!" I will not have a fill until nearly six weeks after my surgery date (due to my trip to Vegas, not by choice - my doc did not want me to get my first fill five days before my flight.) So, I WORK extra hard to keep the pounds away. And, I don't beat up on myself when I see that such and such lost one million pounds in two days. I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat and since I weight train every other day I am convinced that the one or two pounds that I lose and gain back are due to that. The tape test does not lie and neither do clothes. When I can wear items that I have not worn in YEARS, I know I am doing something right!

I also agree with you about the board and the state of everyone's emotions. I was really excited to find an outlet like this one where people could truly identify where I was coming from. Although I have the best support base in my home, it was nice to hear from people that were having the same experiences. Now it seems a little "whoa is me!" I wish the best for everyone and hopefully those that are not having as much success as they wish will stop blogging and start exercising! Nothing beats the feeling of accomplishing even the smallest of weight goals. To those that are doing well, keep on trucking and I hope to meet all of you in Onederland!!