Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out & eating like a horse!

Indiogirl: I appreciate your thoughtful posts. You are an inspiration to me. Your wisdom is something that I look forward to hearing. You have taken this journey and been through the ups and downs. I agree that you have to be in the right place mentally..... I am tired of letting myself down. It's time for me for a change!!

I only have 9 days to go before I get banded, but I feel like I have started this journey when I first picked up the phone in January. Once I made the decision to go through with it, my focus has been unwaivering......

I know that I will be successful at this. Failure is not an option for me.....

Thanks again!!!!:glare:

Bandfan

Yes you are 100% it's time for you !!!! My life has improved immensely.

As women we give give give and imho that's why we eat eat eat - cuz no one ever seems to give back or appreciate us - we comfort ourselves with food (we I did and boredom).

I will keep you in my prayers and keep up posted on how you are doing.

We are here to help you through the rough spots and there will be many but the band is a great tool to help make the journey a little easier..

Good Luck...

I am so glad I found this thread, I am in TOTAL band hell! I had surgery on 4/8 and I think my expectations were WAY too high. I have lost a total of 22lbs thus far which includes my 2 week pre-op high Protein low carb diet. I started loft foods yesterday and last night I had a a piece of grilled catfish and I could have eated 2 more, but I had to use MAJOR will pwer to push it away. today for lunch I had half a serving of tuna salad and had to make myself stop. I have felt no pain, restriction, nothing now for about 5 days. I can not wait till my fill. I am determined this will work for me, I paid too much money to fail!! I trying my very best to kepmy rotein at or above 60 and my carbs below 30 and my cals below 500. I will say at this pint in the journey it is not the band but my will power keeping me going.

I have another question though...I have been walking a mile a day and would really like to beef up the exercise with curves, is it still too soon after surgery?

I have several abominal surgeries and was always given the go ahead after 6 weeks. You should check with your doctor though. Don't forget, if you start lifting weights, you may not see a loss in pounds, but you definitely will in inches!!!

Maybe you should take some measurements before you start. At least you will see improvement in the measurement area which will keep you motivated!!!

I am so glad I found this thread, I am in TOTAL band hell! I had surgery on 4/8 and I think my expectations were WAY too high. I have lost a total of 22lbs thus far which includes my 2 week pre-op high Protein low carb diet. I started loft foods yesterday and last night I had a a piece of grilled catfish and I could have eated 2 more, but I had to use MAJOR will pwer to push it away. today for lunch I had half a serving of tuna salad and had to make myself stop. I have felt no pain, restriction, nothing now for about 5 days. I can not wait till my fill. I am determined this will work for me, I paid too much money to fail!! I trying my very best to kepmy rotein at or above 60 and my carbs below 30 and my cals below 500. I will say at this pint in the journey it is not the band but my will power keeping me going.

I have another question though...I have been walking a mile a day and would really like to beef up the exercise with curves, is it still too soon after surgery?

Linzluo

I agree with bandfan - you gotta ck with your doc - I was cleared to exercise after 6 weeks - but I still didn't do anything that would affect my port (no sit ups or crunches - i err'd on the safe side)

I think you are not eating enough on 500 calories a day - from day one mine have been 800-1200 - This is why you may be so hungry - you aren't eating enough food - this is a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating not a diet - diets don't work - cuz when you go off them you gain your weight back. And since I am not a Atkins girl - I eat limited carbs and always have - I usually include them in my dinner - but I consider carbs starches - I am a weight watcher girl - and that's the eating plan I follow - but if the Atkins works for you go for it - but I still would add some calories - 500 is not enough to live on and be healthy IMHO..

Great advice girls....I think if y ou are hungry the best option is to up the Protein which will up the cals a bit too.

I am not banded but I use Protein shakes a lot as my routine...does anyone who is banded use shakes after the soft stage as a routine???

My nutritionist said if they fill me I could use like for Breakfast...

Great advice girls....I think if y ou are hungry the best option is to up the Protein which will up the cals a bit too.

I am not banded but I use Protein shakes a lot as my routine...does anyone who is banded use shakes after the soft stage as a routine???

My nutritionist said if they fill me I could use like for breakfast...

Nope my doc wants you eating real food - I do have some clear Protein drinks that are like a crystal lite - that I will use every now in then if I am not getting enough protein in..

I don't find that the Protein Shakes keep me full - they are liquid and slide right thru the band.. Hard protein and foods with substantiate keep me full the longest as they don't slide thru the band..

Thanks...I was wondering about that...except...right now I drink one for Breakfast and it does keep me from eating until lunch? ??? I am allergic to eggs so I don't know what I'll eat for breakfast...also, I am not used to really "sitting" down and eating unless I have breakfast at my desk first thing in the morning...I guess I am not a big eater in the morning....that is why I have a Protein Shake because then at least I am not skipping breakfast...I teach so I have to be at school pretty darn early....lucky for me, I have a small refridge, microwave, and a blender too at school in my "office". All the comforts of home!!!

Amsderb: How about cream of wheat for b-fast? Another option is cottage cheese with the real soft canned (in water) peaches.

I know lots of people who eat the Protein shakes in the morning just because it is quick, easy and nutritious!! You are getting a good jump on your Protein for the day by starting with a shake!!!

Indio, I couldn't agree more...it sounds like we are at about the same stage...I was banded on 3/21 and i'm eating everything I'm NOT supposed to :tt2: I do fine during the day, but at night, I lose ALL self control. I've lost 14 pounds, but I know I could be losing more and I know that I could be damaging myself. I think once I realized that with no restriction there really wasn't much point to eating just liquids and mushies, I quit that whole game...but WOW Indio, you really put it into perspective for me and I'm totally inspired to start doing it right again. I get my fill this Wednesday. I am really hoping that that too will help my confidence. Thanks for this new post on this topic...we need to be reminded every now and then of this!

When you got your fill, did things change... Please update us.

Janet

Thanks...I was wondering about that...except...right now I drink one for breakfast and it does keep me from eating until lunch???? I am allergic to eggs so I don't know what I'll eat for breakfast...also, I am not used to really "sitting" down and eating unless I have breakfast at my desk first thing in the morning...I guess I am not a big eater in the morning....that is why I have a Protein shake because then at least I am not skipping breakfast...I teach so I have to be at school pretty darn early....lucky for me, I have a small refridge, microwave, and a blender too at school in my "office". All the comforts of home!!!

Amsderb

It's really about what works for you imho - I am up at 5 at work by 7:15 - It's 9 and I am eating my oatmeal (weight control) - I am not hungry when I leave home - I am hungry around this time - I always eat bf at my desk :tt2:

Props to you teachers - I couldn't do it - I would pop some smart mouth kid.. :thumbup: