Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out & eating like a horse!

Hi, I can relate. I had my lap band March 3rd, waiting for my first fill on Thursday. I am eating almost as much as I di prior to the band. I eat everything and have no problems, of course I do chew, chew, chew and don't drink and eat at the same time. I want that "full" filling from a fill. How long do you have to wait for a fill?

Guys, thanks for all the support. It is great to hear that we are all having similar issues and someone is feeling exactly the way we do. This is a life changing thing for me and I WILL succeed, as will all of you.

I had my first fill the day I was signed off by my doctor - 6 weeks after the operation. It was a little uncomfortable, but not too bad.

Now 4 weeks later I am having my second fill. Lets hope it works :lol:)

Hello everyone. I was banded 12/18/07. So far I've lost around 35lbs. I had my first fill the end of January (2ccs). I've been having a lot of trouble with portions. I can eat LOTS of food. Any kind of food. I feel like I have no band....I have a lot of stress going on in my life right now and it's becoming harder and harder not to eat, eat, eat. I was hoping the band would help me w/portion control. Is it just because I don't have enough fill? I have a 10ccAP band. HELP!!:lol:

Hi Frisky1, I have been reading a lot of the comments on this forumm and it seems that a lot of people are reporting that you may need a bandfill as you lose weight. I would contact your doctor and discuss a fill.

I have an AP Large band - 14ml, and on my first fill I had 6.5cc. This has not done anything and so I have booked for my second fill. I am looking for my "sweet spot".

Just remember, your body is changing constantly, and you have to change with it!

I know I am not supposed to be doing this but, I didn't get fat not eating...right? I usually stick to the plan by drinking a Protein shake at Breakfast and another for lunch. I drink all my Water during the day, too. By the time dinner time rolls around I am so hungry I could eat a horse! Tonight I went to an italian restaurant for a birthday dinner. I ate calamari, bread, salad, and 3/4 of a chicken cutlet with Pasta (chicken parmigiana)! I have never felt sick, never gotten sick, no pain, nothing.

Is the band even in there??? Will it ever work?? Has this happened to anyone else??

I know that some will ream me for cheating, but I would appreciate some constructive information. Believe me, my husband gives me enough grief about it...I don't need anymore! Thanks so much!

My banding date was 3/10 and it sounds like I wrote your message. I am so glad I found this site again, I forgot all about signing up on LAPBANDTALK.COM before my surgery and was feeling miserable and uninformed and worried if I was "normal" for eating regular food etc. I don't even see my surgeon until 5/9 for first fill, see nutritionist on 4/18 so I can get some answers but it is good to read about real people with the same questions and concerns as me. Thanks, everyone. Mary Ellen

Thanks for the support! I called my Dr's office and I go in for a fill tomorrow....Woo Hoo!!! My doctor tends to be very conservative with fills. (He told me to come back in May) I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks again.

So I used this as my confessional originally. I just had my three week follow up and only lost 2 pounds. Then I had to go to a support group where all the other people had lost up to 40 pounds (they all had RNY), so I felt really horrible! I get my first fill on May 5. I really need it. My doctor just asked me how the liquid diet went, and I told the truth about eating....(ok I left out the quantity!). Surprisingly I didn't get chewed out, I was just told the fills would make it better. Everyone around me is expecting some miraculous weight loss, and some are even saying wow you have lost a lot of weight already! (I didn't tell anyone it was only 2 pounds!) I know this will work for me, but I need it to start working now, before I give in to the fettucine temptation! Thanks for leaving such great replies!

So I used this as my confessional originally. I just had my three week follow up and only lost 2 pounds. Then I had to go to a support group where all the other people had lost up to 40 pounds (they all had RNY), so I felt really horrible! I get my first fill on May 5. I really need it. My doctor just asked me how the liquid diet went, and I told the truth about eating....(ok I left out the quantity!). Surprisingly I didn't get chewed out, I was just told the fills would make it better. Everyone around me is expecting some miraculous weight loss, and some are even saying wow you have lost a lot of weight already! (I didn't tell anyone it was only 2 pounds!) I know this will work for me, but I need it to start working now, before I give in to the fettucine temptation! Thanks for leaving such great replies!

You can not compare your weight loss to bypass patients - Please Please don't do they - you will set yourself up for failure. This is why imho lapbanders should have their own support group. My doc has one - but I like it better here - My month's group is great and so are my 50+ gang.

I hope you don't have fettuccine in the house - get all the junk in the house that is going to tempt you OUT.. Replace it all with healthy low fat sugar free foods. Until you have control - your really need to plan. IMHO planing is key - sit down and make a menu of healthy meals - get a food scale so that you know what 4 oz of meat or what ever looks likes.

After you have planed your weeks menu - go to the store an buy only the items you need on your list - walk right by all the junk - you didn't get banded to continue to eat the junk - then go home and throw out all the bad stuff as you throw it in the trash say "better in thee than in me" that is your new mantra. I have thrown out almost full jars of Peanut Butter cuz I kept going back for another teaspoon - ya it's Protein but 210 calories - no way jose.... In the trash..

If you have family talk to them explain you need their help - if they just have to have something like Cookies or chips - have them put it in a zip lock and take it to their room - I had my GS take his Bday cupcakes and hide them - they were calling me - I had 1 and that was enough. So I got them out of my sight - out of sight out of mind..

I am a Weight Watch girl - I don't go to meeting or count points (I still relate to the old exchange plan - I know my age show :)) but I feel it's a healthy eating plan - as I have said a million times since I have been on LBT this is a lifetime lifestyle change in our eating - we have to re-learn so much -

This is a learning process - you have to take it one day at a time and as I said before you are going to have to have some will power - you do have it in you - it's just buried right now and you gotta dig deep and get a hold of it and hang on tight.

When you want to eat - get on line - talk to us - go clean the bathroom or your sock drawer - just do something to distract yourself .

You can do this !!!!!

This is quick cuz it's 11 and I have to hit the hay - so I will ck back w/you tomorrow to see how you are doing..

Take care..

Great advice, IndigoGirl.

I have been known to go one step further and cover whatever I don't want to have with liquid soap before tossing it in the trash. All gone!

After you have planed your weeks menu - go to the store an buy only the items you need on your list - walk right by all the junk - you didn't get banded to continue to eat the junk - then go home and throw out all the bad stuff as you throw it in the trash say "better in thee than in me" that is your new mantra. I have thrown out almost full jars of Peanut Butter cuz I kept going back for another teaspoon - ya it's Protein but 210 calories - no way jose.... In the trash..

wow, I'm glad I read htrough this tonight. I was banded on 4/8 and started puree foods today. I've done really well till I went back to work last night (3p-11p shift) and when I'm at work and when I get home from work all I want to do is eat. I lost 15 pounds in the 1st 10 days but I can't help but wonder if it is going to find me again. Granted my calorie intake is still way under where I was I see old patterns emerging again. Thanks for helping me see I'm not an island in this weight loss world.

Thanks for the encouragement. My surgery was 3/26. The first two weeks were wonderful - No Hunger! It was probably from the anesthesia and the swelling. Unfortunately, as soon as I went back on mushies the hunger returned. Can't get my first fill until May 5, so will just have to white knuckle it until then. Glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat and that there is hope for the future.

Yep gang this isn't the easy way out - we have to work hard to fight our addictions to food - they banded our tummies but not our heads and that's where most of our problems lie IMHO..

I still have to fight the urge to eat one more bite cuz it taste good - I had this problem last night - I was FULL - but I wanted to continue eat.

We have had this addiction for a while (some of us longer than others) and it's not going to disappear just cuz we got banded.

Stop and think before you eat - are you hungry - are you really just bored, tired, stress etc. Plan Plan Plan - I cook on Sunday's for my lunch for the week - this week - Turkey Chili - have Weight Control oatmeal for Breakfast and taken out fish for dinner - I am on my 1st bottle or Water - gotta have one bottle before I eat breakfast..

The little bit of hunger isn't going to kill you but the fat is - skinny people get hungry too - they just don't give in and over eat like we do - they eat healthier foods - If you just have to eat - make sure it's high in Protein - low in fat & sugar. (LF String cheese - fruit - veggies)

Well, need to get my butt to work - Remember you can do this - positive think - plan - exercise - got look at the before & after pictures - they are great motivators... Make the commitment to yourself..

Indiogirl: I appreciate your thoughtful posts. You are an inspiration to me. Your wisdom is something that I look forward to hearing. You have taken this journey and been through the ups and downs. I agree that you have to be in the right place mentally..... I am tired of letting myself down. It's time for me for a change!!

I only have 9 days to go before I get banded, but I feel like I have started this journey when I first picked up the phone in January. Once I made the decision to go through with it, my focus has been unwaivering......

I know that I will be successful at this. Failure is not an option for me.....

Thanks again!!!!:glare: