Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yea Barb! I know what you mean about the tub! OK, but I have a huge one now and that is OK too....just more room to splash in! I feel the same way about patio chairs...like the white resin ones...If I stand they practically come with me! HAHA

It is the little things in life that mean so much. Wishing you happy bubble baths forever!!!!! Becky

Thanks Ladies.. Ok I had to rethink this bath tub thing after reading AmsDerb reply. I want to get a bath tub big enough for two. And be able to have room enough for someone to join me.. he he he

I don't even have a bath tub!!!! Not since I was 10 :lol: I would love to take a bubble bath!!!! We just have a stand up shower

:lol:

How are my fellow May FLowers doing with the band??? I have lost a total of 40 pounds, seventeen of that before surgery. I have not had any problems...Thank you God.....and I am so lovin my band. I go for my second fill on Monday and hoping for some restriction. Just wondering how all is doing.

Hello there. I was banded on May 29th. I've lost about 19 pounds so far and over 24 inches. Been doing pretty good. I've had two fills and still don't feel much restriction. The biggest challenge for me right now is having to changing my eating habits and not feeling the restriction. This is making me not rely on the band but on my own desire to make the changes. This is somewhat different than what I was expecting I guess. I wonder if anyone else has felt this way. Trying to watch sodium intake, watching portion size, not eating fried foods, no sugar, no snacking, watch cravings, etc... This is basic dieting techniques that I am constantly having to focus on. I've also hit a plateau prior to the 2nd fill on July 25th. My metabolism is slow, even after starting to walk at night. Other banded people I work with have had the weight drop off without even any exercise. Most days I barely get 1000 calories, so the weight should be melting off, but it's not. My body apparently has become close friends with the weight :). My other dilemma is boredom with food. I need some ideas for better variety without the additional work and money. My husband was just laid off at work, so making costly trips to the gorcery store is not an option right now. So right now for me it's a mental thing. I'd love to hear from someone with some quick food items to try and any support to get me over this hump. My next fill is on August 25th and would like to know if the restriction should be felt more right now or is it just me. I only feel discomfort if I eat bread or pineapple (which I only did once). Otherwise I can drink as much as I like and I only eat very small portions. Thanks for listening!

Kathy

I have had a wonderful experience so far, no complicatiopns or needless pain. Just waiting for the right restriction...

KayTay right here with you! I am having my 3rd fill Aug 13th and hope I have more restriction. I have had some major PB'ing/sliming when I have eaten too fast or the food is very dry but I don't think that is restriction. I am still not feeling full when sitting down to eat I am self monitoring and stopping at around 4 oz or 1200 calories a day.I am bored to tears with chicken so I just bought the WW cook book so if I see anything interesting I will PM you with the recipe.

Stress and eating go together so with your husband laid off you must be STRONG! Good luck.

Hi, I was banded in May to and had my first fill at the beginning of July. I was down 25 lbs up to my first fill and have only lost 5 lbs since them. I am working on scheduling another fill as I still feel like I can eat no problem...so I am feeling a little discouraged. I have had pbing and have pretty much given up bread unless it is really toasted and any kind of meat that tends to get dry!

I guess I need some inspiration...I was hoping to lose 10 in August, but so far I am not on track for that. I am keeping active and monitoring my intake, I am going to cut out any salt, so hopefully this will also help....I'll keep kicking!

Thank you NY2LAGirl! Means alot to know that I'm not the only one. I'm sure the stress is causing some of the problems right now but so strange that I haven't eaten any more but my body seems to hold on to it. Must be in survivor mode thinking we won't have money for food or something :tongue:. Thanks for checking out recipes and I think I might try something new this weekend.

Christall, hang in there. I know exactly how you feel. I chose not to set any goals though. I just felt great seeing the scale go down and that is all I look at most days. Then when I measure it is even more, so not having a goal right now is best for me. I'm failed too many times with other diets. I just need to be patient and keep on trying. I think the extreme heat right now in North Texas is hard too. Too hot to do anything outside even walking or swimming in my pool. Everything is too hot! It will happen eventually and I'll give myself a pass this weekend with all the stress.

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. Have a great weekend!!!:tt2:

I am so glad that I came back to this web site. I was banded on May 8th and have lost 35 lbs. I was feeling blue because I have been at a platue for about a week. I have only had one fill and am going back to the DRTuesday and am sure they will put in another fill. I was feeling like I was not making much progress, but you all have made me feel very good. I also have the same problem when I eat to fast and do not chew good. I have never had such pain ever. I do not think I have ever been full yet. I just let my self eat so much and then I stop. Thank you for keeping all this infomation handy. i will do a much better job of staying in contact. Thank you thank you. cad:thumbup:

Hi all,

I was banded May 5th. All is going well, I am down about 48 lbs. I am going for my third fill Aug. 11. When I had my second fill I could feel more restriction but that didn't last too long. Also, I had more PB's when eating to quickly or mindlessly. Otherwise I have been trying to make conscience discissions. Best of wishes to all, it is always nice to check in with this site.

Hi you all, I know how it feels to rely on good habits....I think that is why it is good that it takes time to get to restriction...

I just got my second fill on 8/07.... I knew I was ready because I could eat more and more...although, before my 1st fill I was starving before meals and that was not the case before this fill...

As for weight loss, I think it is slow too but..... I lost quite a bit before surgery taking 6 month to get ready...

I am a teacher and got banded right after school got out...I just went back this week and people who didn't know were making comments about how they thought I had lost sooo much weight...so even though it had been about 17 or so pounds since surgery....the inches and look was different..I know because I wore shorts and capris that would NEVER have fit in May..... I was measured at about a month out and had lost 18 inches....I need to go get measured again...

The other thing is, I was on my butt most of the summer! Several reasons for that (I was exercising a ton until surgery!!!) 1st, I had to recover, then had all these rashes for 6 weeks like everywhere and I didn't feel good, 3rd it is HOT here and I am limited as far as what I could do...my scabs just came off this week so I couldn't get in the pool...and lastly, 3 weeks ago...I fell and broke my foot! I am in a walking boot...oh, and I also got a steroid shot three weeks ago for the rash thing..which helped...

OK....my point is, with all that going on, when I went for my second fill I had lost 5 pounds of FAT since July 2nd...and I was not even trying too hard...I mean, I try and make good food choices but I'll admitt, I never felt deprived and I ate plenty of regular foods this month...the first 6 weeks I had very little starches or carbs except fruits and veggies with protein....

So, even without full resrtiction, the band did help me control my eating and amounts....I made many great food decisions, did not move enough, but still LOST all FAT...I did not loose muscle which means I did well with my protein!

Soon, I hope to be able to exercise...the doc thinks about 2 more weeks for the foot to do Non-weight bearing exercise...I am hopefully more restricted and will be able to eat even less!

So, that is my update! Shelley

Edited by amsderb