Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well said....it is just so confusing because I almost fee I should do liquids longer than what my doc is saying??

The longer you rest your stomach after surgery the better chance your band has to adhere to your stomach. The adhesions will form nicely the longer you are on liquids.

can the doctor tell if the band has slipped?

is it with the Barium swallow and the x-ray. Cuz i am on day 7 and i ate a little peice of chicken, spoon of hummas and some mushie Pasta . and i dont want my band to slip. :) Before you start going off again faith I read all of your entire post and you have made your point. great point! i just wanna know if and how the doctor can tell if my band is slipping.

can the doctor tell if the band has slipped?

is it with the Barium swallow and the x-ray. Cuz i am on day 7 and i ate a little peice of chicken, spoon of hummas and some mushie Pasta . and i dont want my band to slip. :) Before you start going off again faith I read all of your entire post and you have made your point. great point! i just wanna know if and how the doctor can tell if my band is slipping.

No way to tell until it happens. That could be typically six months to a year.

Don't do that anymore, no obese person ever starved to death on the post op diet.

Hi, I am 4 days post op and the gas pains were horrible, a thought came to me to eat more food so the pain would go away. However, I have not given in and will follow the orders of my Doctor. I would follow only what the doctor says; yes the thought will come to break the rules , but remember you have a goal you have to reach. Gas pains are easing up day by day.

I started my pureed food early and I have started my real food early and it didn't hurt me at all. I was only eating about 4 ounces of Soup at a time but you learn really quick what agrees with you and what doesn't. Now I know what I can and can't have. I can't have hash browns, chinesse, or pizza. All of it has made me throw up. I say give the soup a try and if it makes you sick, don't eat it again. Like I said, you can only go on those Protein Shakes for so long before you need real food.

I started my pureed food early and I have started my real food early and it didn't hurt me at all. I was only eating about 4 ounces of Soup at a time but you learn really quick what agrees with you and what doesn't. Now I know what I can and can't have. I can't have hash browns, chinesse, or pizza. All of it has made me throw up. I say give the soup a try and if it makes you sick, don't eat it again. Like I said, you can only go on those Protein shakes for so long before you need real food.

oh, are you 6-8 years post op and know you band hasnt slipped? good for you, on are lucky!

I started my pureed food early and I have started my real food early and it didn't hurt me at all. I was only eating about 4 ounces of Soup at a time but you learn really quick what agrees with you and what doesn't. Now I know what I can and can't have. I can't have hash browns, chinesse, or pizza. All of it has made me throw up. I say give the soup a try and if it makes you sick, don't eat it again. Like I said, you can only go on those Protein shakes for so long before you need real food.

I don't understand why people take it upon themselves to "test the waters" and then declare they haven't suffered any harm. IF you can't tolerate the prescribed diet, all you need to do is pick up the phone and tell the office person that you NEED to SPEAK with someone about a medical question. Explain to the person who gets on the phone or calls you back that you CAN'T stick to the diet. They will almost always allow you to consume one or two additional foods to get you past the problem. Why risk your health and possible complications down the road when all it takes is a phone call?

That is funny because I didn't test the waters as you say. I actually was behing according to my doctor on when I could start puree and solid food, but according to this website I was ahead. When I went to my first appointment my doctor told me I should have been eating puree for about a week and I was still on liquid. When I got on this site, it said I should still have been on liquid for another week. I guess every doctor is different and people need to understand that.

I have no idea what your response means, but I do know that my band has not slipped. I just went to the doctor and they used an XRAY so I know everything is ok, thanks for your concern.

I have no idea what your response means, but I do know that my band has not slipped. I just went to the doctor and they used an XRAY so I know everything is ok, thanks for your concern.

Your post stated that you started your pureed foods early and that you suffered no ill effects. You did not mention in that post that you were actually late in advancing your diet as determined my your surgeon. Please do NOT take the advice others offer in this forum or any other over your surgeon's advice. I am happy to know you did not do that. It's nice to share expereinces but we advocate not ignoring your surgeon's advice because it differs from what most of the others practice. I hope that clarifies things a bit.

That is funny because I didn't test the waters as you say. I actually was behing according to my doctor on when I could start puree and solid food, but according to this website I was ahead. When I went to my first appointment my doctor told me I should have been eating puree for about a week and I was still on liquid. When I got on this site, it said I should still have been on liquid for another week. I guess every doctor is different and people need to understand that.

Im not sure what you mean by " According to this website I was ahead"

According to this website there are MANY Patients with MANY variations of post op diets ??

So your post makes no sense . There are THOUSANDS of people on this website and probably HUNDREDS of variations . LBT does not "Endorse" any one doctor or Diet .

Mindy

I agree with everyone that we need to follow the orders....:tt2:

I think there is a bit of a mind game going on here:confused:

I think that people need to feel like they are in charge and maybe cheating is part of the game.

I KNOW I AM NOT BANDED YET..;)..BUT....

I have certainly done my share of diets...with some success...it just eventually ends but...:tt1:

I do know the minute I say, "I am not going to eat ....." then the deprivation starts in...and my mind says, "Oh, just this time:mad:"

"Next time I won't.....:sneaky:"

Well, instead...they say you should CHOOSE to make a healthy choice so, "I want my band to be as healed and perfect as is in my power... so I choose to follow the prescribed foods list!":lol:

OKAY so remind me of this in June!!

At 6 days my surgeon gave me the okay for regular food, whatever I could tolerate. I think you would be fine. Just dont get too crazy without your doctors approval of course.