Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories and grams of Protein in the equate shakes.

I like the Equate shakes better than the Slim Fast ones but they aren't low carb and don't have enough Protein so I can't have them. :thumbup:

They are 220 cals, and 10 grams protein, 3 grams fat adn 40 grams carb

I have not had to do the liquid stuff yet. Only watching what I am eating to try and drop a few pounds before my banding date of the 16th!! I have lost 7 pounds and that is good for me. I am goint to do this right and I have been blessed with such a wide circle of support.

I have to admit that I am not really looking forward to the two weeks of nothing but liquids. But I will try my best to do what is needed to be done to get me on the right path to a new me!!

I am so glad that all of you are here to share your thoughts and ideas and of course your encouragement.

Keep strong and you will do it!!

Nancy

It seems like everyone is different on there pre-opt diet. That makes it more fun when talked about cause of the different ways and things we do. I wish I was on the pre-opt a few days before instead of 2 weeks. Believe me, Right now I am soooo tired of Jello right now. I been on it for 6 days and tomorrow I go to the Dr for a follow up and I will see if I lost any weight. Yes It's for a good cause and I just keep putting that in my head and I keep moving on to the next day after day..Good luck everyone on what yall are doing. I hope it is working out for yall...

I wanted to let you know that I used to live in Slidell, LA if ever there is a place that loves their food it is Louisiana!! I applaud you in your decision!

Nancy

Oh it's REAL hard cause of all the good food that is all around me. LOL..But I have to stick with it and can't think about the food..Thanks!!

Kristy

Kristi,

I will be thinking and praying for you when your day comes. I will be right behind you on the 16th!!

I have been in El Paso since Katrina and I do miss all the wonderful food that Louisiana has. But as you know we both need to focus on other things and we WILL make a positive change in our lives!!!

Keep on being strong in your decision and you will do well.

Nancy:rolleyes2:

I have offically started my liquid diet today, surgery is scheduled for April 16. All I have is 3-4 cans of Protein shakes per day, and any liquid with zero calories and zero carbs for 7 days.

So far so good - I know it will rough but well worth it! :)

Good luck and much success to all the April Avengers

GOING ON 2nd WEEK OF POST-OP DIET. THE PRE- OP WAS VERY TOUGH, BUT THE KEY TO SUCCESS IF PROTEIN!!!!!!!! YOU MUST FIND drinks HIGH IN whey Protein. GO ONLINE AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND SOME LOCAL STORES THAT MIGHT SELL SOME HIGH WHEY PROTIEN supplements. HANG IN THERE, IT DOES GET BETTER.

I already had my surgery, but I thought my preop liquid diet was going to include the same liquids as my post op liquid diet...boy was I wrong!

I was only allowed Carnation instant Breakfast 6 times per day and Water. It was really tough and I cheated...but I wish I hadn't. I could have lost more weight on that diet than I did and it was just plain silly!

I am testing different Protein shakes so when I start my two-wwek full liquid diet on april 24th for my May 8th surgery, I will be ready. The second week though, I need to have 2 Impact Protein Shakes a day and 1 other Protein shake a day. I may have sf Jello, sf popsicles, low-sodim brother, Decaf tea, decaf coffee, and any other Clear Liquids.

I do not look forward to this but I also hear from others that Why are we doing this? for our health and to also look better. I look at clothes catalogs and summer clothes that now I can say I will be able to wear next summer. I feel so good about that, so I will do this. I along with so many of you have tried and tried dieting for years and now this is it.

Good luck to all of you and I am so interested in hearing about your next few days on you pre-op liquid diets.

Surgery behind me going into 2nd week of poet-op diet, it has been so easy. Mainly because I just have not been hungry. Recovery is slow, tried to get up and at em to fast. So I am back in the recliner forced to take it easy a little longer. Looking forward to feeling 100% so I can really start moving and get this weight off. I tell you it's like something inside has snaped and I am so ready to make this work for me and oh so excited!!!! good luck to everyone getting ready for their band, do the diet, do the best you can do. It is so worth it!!:thumbup:

KCV..I'm glad you are listening to your body and slowing things down...it shows that you are really trying to "listen" to your body.

I am still in the loose 10% phase which I think I have done but now I have to keepit off until I weigh in with the Doc on May 20th! So, this is the real test for me...

Good Luck all of you...

By the way, as routine I drink 1 Protein shake everyday for Breakfast...that is how I have lost some weight and anytime I keep to this I do well...

My doc said I didn't have to do a pre-op diet because I've recently lost 20 pounds. However, he told me not to gain. I found myself getting a bit of a "last meal syndrome" thing going, so I just bought some Medifast (which other patients usually go on) and I'm down something like ten pounds in ten days. Crazy!

It's not fun, but I found a few days in I just wasn't hungry. Not SATISFIED, but not hungry. I figure it's good practice distinguishing between the two. :huh2:

Nancy,

Thanks for much for saying that and keeping me in your prayers. I will do the same for you on the 16th and I hope EVERYTHING is fine with you that day and works out. Good luck to you on the 16ths.

Yes everything here is good food. At least we think so. Hehehe..BUt you are right got to keep focus on our health then the food..That's what got us here in the first place. heheheehe..I am sorry to hear that you had to move away, Was everything damage in Katrina??

I hope you keep up on track and do well and I hope things work out for you.:huh2: It's going to be rough but I think you are do it.

Kristy

Kristi,

I will be thinking and praying for you when your day comes. I will be right behind you on the 16th!!

I have been in El Paso since Katrina and I do miss all the wonderful food that Louisiana has. But as you know we both need to focus on other things and we WILL make a positive change in our lives!!!

Keep on being strong in your decision and you will do well.

Nancy:rolleyes2:

Surgery behind me going into 2nd week of poet-op diet, it has been so easy. Mainly because I just have not been hungry. Recovery is slow, tried to get up and at em to fast. So I am back in the recliner forced to take it easy a little longer. Looking forward to feeling 100% so I can really start moving and get this weight off. I tell you it's like something inside has snaped and I am so ready to make this work for me and oh so excited!!!! good luck to everyone getting ready for their band, do the diet, do the best you can do. It is so worth it!!:huh2:

CONGRATULATIONS on the band and I am glad that everything is going good for you. I hope you recover nicely and don't puch it to much if you still need that extra relaxation time. Heal your body first so that way you don't damage your body. It will be rouch but you will get threw it..Take care!! Keep us inform on how you are doing..:lol:

Kristy