Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Bandsters in NW Houston

Happy to do it! And we are on for next Saturday 9/20 at 2:30 at the Cy-Fair College Library!! Save the date!

How is everyone? We have no power but sustained no damage. We have a portable 400w generator that allows a little time on the net and cell phone charging. We are trying to eat what we have in the freezer as much as we can.

We made it through ok. Power flickered off and on all night, then finally went out around 6:45 this morning. But it came back on almost exactly 7 hours later at 1:45. We have one good-sized limb down in our backyard, but it looks like all it did was nick one shingle. Our pool is FULL of leaves, and there is lots of debris on the ground. But I'm not going to complain. I think we got off pretty lightly.

Glad to hear you are doing ok Brown Bear, aside from not having power. I hope more folks will check in soon!

We made it through okay. ;) Our power just came back on about 30 minutes ago. It had been out since around 3 yesterday morning. Our backyard fence blew over in 3 places.. 1 because a neighbor's 2 trees fell over into our yard. Other than a whole lot of debris our house, plants, and everything else seems to be fine. :) I hope everyone else is doing okay as well!

And please welcome our newest Bandster...call her the Hurricane Bandster...misskitty84!!! Neither high winds nor storm surge kept her from being banded this week!:biggrin:

Aww BrownBear, that really sucks!:thumbup: I'll go out and try to push some power guys in your direction!

Regarding this Saturday, the college library is closed, so once again our meeting is postponed. I will call them as soon as they reopen and see if I can reserve a meeting room for NEXT Saturday, the 27th. I'm going to shoot for 2 PM again. Watch your email for exciting developments.. lol:tongue2:

Who is up for getting together this Saturday at 2 PM? Unfortunately, I was not able to get a meeting room at the library, so we'll still have to figure out a location. A Starbucks will work if there are 5 or 6 of us, but I think we'd need somewhere bigger if there are more. My sister and I ate the other day at Vida Loca on Kingsland Road, a block east of Mason (used to be Las Rosas). They have a really nice, big patio. I guess I'll wait and see how many people respond that they plan to attend, then we can decide from there. And if you have any suggestions of places to meet, please toss them out there!

I don't know about you all, but I could use some girl-chat time. :confused:

All right! Well, there are 4 of us so far, so I'm going to make it official and say we will meet at Vida Loca at 2 PM on this Saturday, September 27.

Anyone else is welcome to join us! Vida Loca is located one block east of Mason Rd. on Kingsland Blvd. It is behind the Kroger shopping center.

Now we need some way to recognize each other!

Hi, there, NW Bandsters...Anyone interested in meeting for the New Year?

I was thinking Saturday, January 10th.

Morning work best for me, but I am flexible and can do morning, afternoon or evenings.

Anyone in?

I'd love to, if I'm not in Mississippi. I'm going to visit my parents for a couple of weeks sometime in January, but I'm not sure when yet. But if I'm here, I'll be there! Any time works for me.

Great! I know I'm in town. :) My girl friends and I are getting together to watch Momma Mia Sat night. :cry_smile: I've seen it, but I'd like to have a little Girl's Night In with it.

:thumbup: Keep us posted whether you can or not. Thanks!