Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Bandsters in NW Houston

Oh Gloucester!! I'm so sorry! We wondered where you were. We were at the Starbucks on 290 and Spring-Cypress...between Barker Cypress and Fry Road. Hopefully, as we start meeting, we can all exchange more contact information and avoid something like this in the future.

And there WILL be a future! I've heard back from about 10 people that they couldn't make Saturday's get-together, but want to be informed about the next one. Let's look at the first or second weekend of September (6-7 or 13-14).

And if anyone wants to get together before then, my time is pretty free right now. Just drop me a PM and I'd be happy to meet you for a chat! :rolleyes:

LOL...well, I had a good tall iced coffee in some big butt chairs. They were very comfy!

Yes, please keep my updated for the next one! :smile2: I'll pm you my personal info...

I looked back through this thread and saw two people who seem to be in your area, crazycatlady. Check out Greythope and Rachelb123's posts on page 1 of this thread. Looks like there was a group meeting in the Woodlands back in April. It may still be active. You might try sending them a Private Message.:tt2:

Hi Bandster Buddies! Let's plan a meet-up for next weekend. How does Saturday 9/13 at 2 PM strike you? Depending on how many want to attend, we may need to think of a place besides a Starbucks, but we'll cross that bridge after we get an idea of our numbers. This'll be a Katy-Cypress area meet-up, but anyone from anywhere is welcome. :blushing:

I'll send this out in an email to those of you I have an email address for. Hope to hear from you soon!:)

Yes, I was thrilled by the response! Looks like 10 of us so far. It's really hard to think of a place to meet...I figure we'd probably prefer to avoid a restaurant, seeing as how we are all at different points in our journey. I thought about a library; most of them have meeting rooms, but that seems kind of...umm...formal. lol

I'm open to suggestions. Please, give me suggestions!:crying:

(cross posted in Katy/Cypress Area Meet-up)

I checked on reserving a meeting room at the Cy-Fair College Library on Barker Cypress at West Road for next Saturday 9/13 at 2 PM. Unfortunately, they are booked until 4. We can either change the meeting to 4 or come up with another place to meet. Either way works for me! (I've sent this info out via email too!)

Hi Bandster Buddies!

I finally heard back from the library and we have a meeting room reserved from 4 PM - 6 PM this Saturday, September 13 at the CyFair College Library. The library is located on West Road, off of Barker Cypress on the Lone Star College-CyFair Campus. From Barker-Cypress, turn west on West Road and go down to the 2nd entrance (I think it's actually numbered as Entrance 3). The library is on the left as you approach the college from that entrance. Our meeting room is 131, to the left just as you enter the foyer of the library. It's a HUGE room lol.

If anyone would like to carpool from Katy, we could meet in the Kroger parking lot there on Fry Road and Park Row. I've got an Expedition, so we can pile 5 -7 people in there. I would want to leave the lot by 3:30 at the very latest. Just let me know if you are interested in that.

I hope everyone can still come. Please note the time change from what we discussed earlier - 4 PM. If I do not have you on my email list and you would like to be, let me know.(I sent this same notice out through email today).

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Misty

Yay! I will be there. I had something else come up for that afternoon and thought I would miss this but the threat of Ike has cancelled the other event. See you there!

The way things are looking now, we may need to reschedule due to Ike. I know my workplace is recommending we leave at 1pm today and not come in tomorrow.

Yep, and I just got official word that the college and library are closing this afternoon and won't reopen until Monday. Booooo Ike!

So everyone, stay home, stay safe and let's try again for next Saturday. I'll see if I can get the meeting room again. I'll keep you posted!