Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kat, I am sure by now you are at home and recovering. As soon as you feel up to it, please let us know how you are feeling.

When i say I am impressed with u...:biggrin::thumbup::lol: I really am... U go girl.... I know everybody takes pain diffrent, but that's what i said to myself i want it..so i will have to be a trooper when it comes to the pain.. of course with the meds of course...:w00t: but everything u have posted has been so helpful....wow.. keep up the fantastic work...

Oh definitely with meds! No other way. My little Gas X strips and Lortab have been wonderful.

Hi everyone.

I am back from surgery. I went to Juarez, MX to Hospital Angeles to have my surgery performed by Dr. Jose Rodriguez. Everything went great! I can not say enough about how well I was treated. From the minute I got off the plan in El Paso the driver was waiting for me. He was nice as he coversated with me and my BFF the whole time driving in to Juarez, which took about 20-30 min. As soon as we got to the hospital Paulina and Lepita were waiting for me. I had my xrays then got settled in my room for the EKG, blood work, and IV. As I was getting prepped the doctors all came in to introduce themselves. The anaesthesiologist was so nice. she held my hand while she was talking to me and then gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. THe nurses were so gentle and caring. They treated my guest like a queen. THe male nurses that usually worked in the evening and overnight were all very attractive!!! Their English was a little shakey but it was easy to communicate with them. I barely remember anything as far as the surgery and recovery but a few hours later I was up walking with a little discomfort. Just felt a lot of pressure from the gas. Was a little uncomfortable to sleep so I got up and walked the halls. The hospital and the staff were top of the line. I was treated far better than I ever was in the US. I really have not one complaint!!!! Had my surgery April 2nd and I'm still a little sore and don't feel like doing a whole lot. Very tired from the time difference and the traveling. On top of a 5 hour flight, our flight was delayed on the runway for an hour and half coming home so we were very exhausted. I went to the drug store for some gas-x strips and then to the grocery store for some sugar free popsicles and broth. I had my 11 yr old daughter to help me with carrying everything. As far as hunger...I have some both physical and head hunger. It's going to be a challenge breaking those old habits of eating for comfort and coping, but I am feeling confident.

If anyone wants info about my experience please feel free to contact me.

Kat

Hi Kat, and welcome to bandland! I am so pleased that everything went smoothly for you, that is wonderful news.

msgigle,

your ticker ain't working yet but I'm sure you know that. I wish I could help, I did it once yesterday, decided to change mine and that was a big mistake because I couldn't for the life of me get that thing working! Both daughters tried but my husband figured it out, he's purdy smart:w00t: good luck brandyII

yes.... I do not have another diet left in me... My "thin" friends have lots of ideas.... and my fat friends... well I do not have one that , like me, has been on every diet known to mankind... so I know that my decision is right... If you have thought it through... You are where you are supposed to be... and God will be with you.. I am telling my "church" friends and they are the only ones that are - at least no negative.. and some are supportive.. so God Bless and be with you.. and I will pray for you....

Kate

Kat225...I am so glad that you had such a good experience...hang in there with your recovery! I'll be praying for you and all my band friends...it is a strong network!

Good luck to you both on your surgeries tomorrow. I wish you quick surgeries and minimal pain. Lets compare notes next week, :lol:

Congratulations Kat! Hope you are still feeling well and glad your experience was such a positive one. Let us know how you are doing!