Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's be honest about exercise

Lots has changed since this thread was started. I've gotten even fitter and now I do INSANELY hard workouts, interval training, circuit training with the kind of batty exercises you see on Biggest Loser - this morning I had my 50lb daughter on my back while I ran a 300 metre track, and did squats etc. Yes, I'm freaking mad.

But it feels so darn GOOD to be able to do it, to push my body to its limits, the achievement is awesome and I not only have lost all my weight, I actually have an atheletic, muscular body. I love it, I would never stop exercising now.

Its just such a shame that feeling doesnt come for everybody. But the more effort you put in, the better the results and defined arms and ab muscles you can actually see are a great motivator.

Hi there! I would just like to recommend the " Body Sculpting bible for women" I have been doing this routine on and off for a couple of years and have dropped alot of inches and some weight. I am still to heavy though and am going through the process of getting a band right now. The book is on clearance at Amazon for like 50 cents right now[because the newer version includes a dvd] It is like having a personal trainer without spending all the $$. He has included a at home w/weights workout as well as one you can do at the gym. I personally workout at Bally's and think it is totally worth the money. One question, will i have as much energy eating so much less??

Thanks for reading

L.

I work out 6 days per week. I spin (high intensity work out on a bike, group fitness class) 3 days per week (1 hour per class). I strength train 2x per week, this is a one hour body pump class and on those days I also do the eliptical or jog on the track for 1/2 hour. Plus I do 1 outdoor bike ride, approx 15 miles, once per week. You need the exercise to really lose the weight. I am down 42 lbs, had surgery 3/23/09, but lost 15 lbs prior to surgery.

I was just thinking about this. I just don't ever see myself as someone who is going to get exercise regurlarly. Really all I probably need to add in is cardo. I'm naturally a spaz and probably don't sit sitll for more than 5 minutes at a time. My problem is with food.< /p>

i have a statonary bike. this june of 09 will be a year that i have started exercisng. i get on the bike 7 days a week for 30 minutes a day, but now its 45 minutes.

Labor Day challenge.

Who want's to join me in this Labor Day challenge to exercise 5 days a week. I currently do 0! I want to lose 10 more lbs by my family reunion on Labor Day and I need accountability! I will start on Thursday the 6th. I will have 4 full weeks till Labor Day weekend. Anyone??

Okay. Please be honest. Who out there actually succeeds regularly at getting in a minimum of 5, 30-minute exercise sessions per week? :confused2:

I

DO AT LEAST 1&1/2 TO 2 HRS. A DAY.:)

Hi there! I would just like to recommend the " Body Sculpting bible for women" I have been doing this routine on and off for a couple of years and have dropped alot of inches and some weight. I am still to heavy though and am going through the process of getting a band right now. The book is on clearance at Amazon for like 50 cents right now[because the newer version includes a dvd] It is like having a personal trainer without spending all the $$. He has included a at home w/weights workout as well as one you can do at the gym. I personally workout at Bally's and think it is totally worth the money. One question, will i have as much energy eating so much less??

Thanks for reading

L.

U REALLY HAVE 2 MAKE UP YOUR MIND 2 EXERCISE.B/C NOONE CAN DO IT 4 U,WOULD B NICE LOL. REMEMBER THE PSYCH VISIT WHEN HE SAID THE MAJOR COURSE OF THIS BANDING IS A MENTAL CHALLENGE:cursing:

:) I don't. I try, but end up on my ass. I feel depleted by the end of the day.

Today I went and played tennis with my daughter and it felt GREAT! I love it after I'm done, but before and after I HATE it.

IDAY/1STEP:thumbup:

I don't exercise regularly and it has affected my rate of lose.

GREAT JOB! HOW LONG AND ARE U STILL LOSING OVER 3 YR PERIOD?:)

i have been working out 6 days a week for 7 months now. (banded in feb) i work part time so that makes it easier but i do have 2 little kids so if you want it to work it can. my schedule"

mon step and circuit training plus half mile swim

tues step and weights

wed run 6 miles

thurs run to the gym and do boot camp class or spin

fri step followed by half mile swim

sat off

sun loooong run (8miles)

sometimes i bike to the stadium near my house and sprint up and down the stairs.

everyone thinks im INSANE, but hey it makes me feel good

my cholesterol is down from 260 to 190

triglycerides are from 190 to 90

doc is so happy w/me.:)

I use my treadmill every day for at least 30 minutes. It's convenient and that's when I allow myself to watch TMZ. I also sit in my sauna a few times a week which is great for raising your heart rate and detoxing without actual cardio work. I hate running. Love Yoga and can't wait to get the ok to start my Bikram classes up again.

:blush: I don't. I try, but end up on my ass. I feel depleted by the end of the day.

Today I went and played tennis with my daughter and it felt GREAT! I love it after I'm done, but before and after I HATE it.

I'm with you. I hate to do it, but feel great when done. I am up to 4-5 days at 30 mins. HATE every minute of it.

I run in streaks. I read or listen to a book on tape while on the treadmill, and the time goes pretty quickly. When I get in the habit, I feel better, have more energy, etc...

For some reason, if I miss a day or two, I seem to find 100 excuses not to get started again, just yet.

I love to go exercise!!! it took me awhile to get into the routine but now I hate to miss and feel guilty when I don't go. I finally took a chance and went to a Zumba lass on Saturday, it was fun but I was soooo lost. sweated like crazy... I'll go again & again.

I am convinced it has made a BIG change in my body changes. even more change than the weight!