Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's be honest about exercise

Okay. Please be honest. Who out there actually succeeds regularly at getting in a minimum of 5, 30-minute exercise sessions per week? :confused2:

I used to.... but now I'm back into my old routine of sitting on my ass. Grrrrrrrr. When my trainer moved to another gym it just sent me into a spiral from which I have not recovered. Bleh.

Oh, and I've basically stopped losing weight ...maybe a pound a month now.

:blush: I don't. I try, but end up on my ass. I feel depleted by the end of the day.

Today I went and played tennis with my daughter and it felt GREAT! I love it after I'm done, but before and after I HATE it.

I do when I'm in a routine. Like now, but all winter I basically sat on my butt. Since I got my last fill, about 3 weeks ago I've been really faithful about getting out there and walking. All I do is walk, and a little bit of jogging.

I do, much more in fact. I usually get about an hour five days a week but twice a week I run for longer than an hour.

I exercise 3 x per week with a trainer who comes to my home. I know that is not enough but i do work hard when he is here. I have lost a total of 45 pounds but i have not lost anything in the last month. I am getting worried. I am smaller though. i guess i have toned up a lot.

i am going to meet with the nutritionist next week and i will get another small fill then. i hope it helps. I am looking forward to the warmer weather so I can begin to walk and ride my bike.

Any advice?

If you can possibly add to easier days to that it will probably make a large difference. If you're really working HARD with your trainer, then you can afford an easier day or two and that might make it easier to make the time. Just an hour's walk - brisk but not almost jogging - twice a week in addition would be good.

I have been awful with exercise and I hate myself for it. My latest head game is "now that the weather is getting better" but I have an eliptical and a tread mill sitting right next to me!! No excuse!!!

Now I just need a way to cruise on LBT and exercise at the same time!!!

Hi:

I actually walk between 1 1/2 to 2 hours per day, 6 days per week, no matter what the weather is here in New England. If it's slippery out I get on my eliptical, but I hate that. I have long underwear to keep warm, rain coat to keep dry, etc.

I'm proud to say that I've lost 117 pounds :huh2: since last April 23rd, and I'm guessing that my weight loss would only be about two-thirds of this if I didn't do all of this walking. I spread the walking into four sessions. Morning 20 minutes (at work), Noon 50 minutes (at work), Afternoon 20 minutes (at work), and usually 30 minutes of walking up and down a big hill at home in the early evening. I have two walking buddies for my short walks at work. I'm fortunate that I have the time available to me for all of this walking. On the weekends sometimes I go for a two hour walk at one time.

I use my MP3 player and just keep on going. I miss it if for some reason I can't walk.

Good luck putting together an exercise program that works for you. I'm going to start a strength program in June.

Sue

I exercise a minimum of 30mins heavy cardio 6-7 days a week but i have had a long time to get used to the idea that exercise is not really a choice if you want to lose weight and maintain :-)

It just takes a lot of getting used to,stick with it and you will get there no worries

Bel

I workout at least 5 days a week. 30 minutes of intense cardio 5x/week and weights 3x/week. I attritubute much of my success to exercise!

I was doing 30 to 40 minutes most days, but now by time get home from work too dark, and i am not an early morning person, found this site, have been so busy with it, reading all about everyone experiences and what to do and not to do - so my reason is i am educating myself at the moment , but know should do some excercise.

I do nordic walking,

Nordic walking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 hour 15 mins. a day... 5 miles.

meanwhile I use my MP3 player also, to listening to books,

or radio plays which I record from BBC4 radio.

Start/Current/Goal

lbs 230/159/130

Surgery 24 Nov 06

Dr. András Vereczkei ((he's awesome!!))

Medical School University of Pécs, Hungary

5cc in a 10cc band

Edited by katalin.e.

I'm exercising regularly, 3X per week, doing some cardio and weightlifting. I've stuck with it for three months, only missing when my mother-in-law passed, and for the first time in my life, I actually don't mind it that much -